Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Having lots of problems in school lately.
    #5560294 -

Lately i been unable to concentrate in school whatsoever.

I sit there in class and i CONSTANTLY ZONE. Or day dreaming about something.

I failed 2 quizzes in the past week. And i can't even do my homework.

Its like i lost all my intelligence. Whats going on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5560361 -

Maybe cuz Summer's coming.

Ask any Teacher of kids 1-12 and they'll tell you everybody starts to zone out as summer and the end of the year approaches.


--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

 
"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5560823 -

Yeap...the time when the flowers are blooming, the air is fresh and the woman are always dressed for the warmth ... If you want to concentrate, get your eyes off the ladies and onto the teaacher...or atleast, try closing your eyes and just Listening more. Are you worried your going to fail the class? if not, you should be. Define your problem and just work with it.


--------------------
---------o----o----o-------o------------------------o--o-o-
----------------------------------------------------------------
Requim for a Dream - Paul Oakenfold
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The mis/abuse of any form of power, is the worst form of ignorance"
-------------------------------------------------------------
WIZOLZ - Lover with a Killer's Smile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5561084 -

You probably have a short attention span.

Do you almost always change to the next song when you're listening to music? (before the current song is over)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5561376 -

Liquidkick said:
I failed 2 quizzes in the past week.  And i can't even do my homework.

Its like i lost all my intelligence.  Whats going on?



I believe our brains go through phases of clarity and fuzziness.  The first neuroscience class I ever took, I aced.  The second neuroscience class I ever took, I completely bombed, even though I really should have done just as well as the first one.  My brain just wasn't in the mood for it, I guess :shrug: 

But don't worry, you're still just as smart as you always were.  Your intelligence is just hibernating right now.  This too shall pass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: adamj]
    #5561631 -

adamj said:
You probably have a short attention span.

Do you almost always change to the next song when you're listening to music? (before the current song is over)



I hate the term "attention span". This is my second biggest problem with psychology/psychiatry is the seemingly solid and verifiable terms which are purely subjective.
It is a term which is trying to find a mean/common denominator to being interested. Most often, this term is found to describe people in school, and used as a justification for not giving two shits about calculus... "oh, I must have a short attention span"... bullshit. You find me one person who has not once become engrossed in some topic or aspect of reality/non-reality and then I will begin to believe in a normal and verifiable level of interest.

Either find out a way to become interested in a subject, or fake it and learn some mnemonic form, random facts, whatever it takes to pass the test and make sure your job or wellbeing doesn't rely on knowing or being interested in that information.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5562434 -

Well, i been taking trazodone lately.  It could be causing the fuzziness.  Also i been taking creatine.

I can't sleep with out these meds.  I am wide awake with out trazodone at night.

I am trying to concentrate in class, and yeah the ladies are wearing less and less :smile:

I just need to buckle down i guess for the next 2 weeks and pull thru.

And yes, i do change the music before the song is over if i don't like it, or  i am getting sick of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: Liquidkick]
    #5562473 -

I feel you, I couldnt stay focused in school. so I droped out,lol. Every time I go to do math or somthing that I did in school now, I get bored with it and go on and do somthin else.


--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5563412 -

well... are the classes boring? that always did it for me...


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: kotik]
    #5564045 -

drugs do mess with your ability to have a clear mind, especially marijuana.

could that be it? I zone out all the ding danged diddly time in class and ...... in life. It's more about not being interested in what is said... I want teachers to be engaging and going in depth about how what they are talking about applies to things in the real world.... telling neat stories and such......

not just this is what anoxeria nervosa is.... I already know that! But not really because I don't pay attention but I just want to be engaged in it like it's something I'd never heard before.

But yeah.......drugs will do it to you... or can at least. Have a tendency to.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: kotik]
    #5565963 -

kotik said:
well... are the classes boring?  that always did it for me...



seriously, the classes that bore me, no interest in, i will probably fail or get like, bare minimum to pass.... but the classes i like, i get all As... its just being interested in it. but i think if you try hard, try to focus as often as possible, you will get back into the habit of paying attention :shrug:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Having lots of problems in school lately. [Re: eligal]
    #5567900 -

honestly, i was a a++ student (all gifted classes / honors) until around 7th grade, then i got B, then in 8th got a C, then in 11th + 12th it was pretty much all Ds and As in the stuff I liked.

after a certain point, i just didnt (and COULDNT) take it seriously, so thats why i got bad grades.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Trazodone/Meth xXScYtHeXx 16,850 8 12/12/04 10:45 AM
by SunshinePounder
* The Girl.. the Weed... the Problem... ( updated, finished )
( 1 2 3 4 all )
PooPs 16,481 79 06/05/03 12:50 PM
by PooPs
* Tripping Problem Anonymous 2,597 14 07/04/03 09:12 PM
by recalcitrant
* Post deleted by Administrator
( 1 2 all )
SBTlauien 4,391 28 05/31/03 01:19 AM
by SBTlauien
* What problems are different? Innvertigo 2,199 2 02/20/03 07:03 AM
by Anonymous
* more girl problems ScumBagMaximum 1,643 6 04/22/03 10:43 PM
by AbFab
* Agonizing Self Image Problem Please help lucid 2,947 18 08/22/03 09:00 AM
by lucid
* Problems may be best left to the artist/writer/musician World Spirit 1,038 3 05/16/03 08:12 AM
by PeachMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
683 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.