Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Experiences with hunting in Ohio...
    #550464 -

There are lots of fabulous fungi to be found in the forests and lawns of Ohio, as long as you're not just looking to get fucked up. I haven't so far found any psychoactive species, but I only have 1 year of hunting experience. The following is the fungi of note that I have found:

Amanita Muscaria var. Formosa - I found several wet pounds of this mushroom growing in someones lawn while picking Coprinus Comatus in early Sept. 2001. I asked the owner of the house if i could pick the mushrooms in his yard and he said "go ahead". Also had positive, enjoyable effects after ingesting this mushroom.

Coprinus Comatus - A wonderful edible found the same day as the Amanita. I picked these on the lawn of an office building. The lawn was approximatley 1 acre in size, and I was able to harvest several wet pounds of coprinus comatus. Cooked some up in butter with onions and green peppers. Served with your choice of poultry, and maybe some tomato sauce. Tasty!

Trametes Versicolor (Turkey Tail) - This is, by far, the most common fungus found in the forests of Ohio. If you have ever seen a brown, crusty shelf mushroom growing off fallen trees or logs, this is probably what it was. This fungus is of note because of its medicinal properties. Do a google search on this mushroom for more info. Can even cure cancer! You can find this shroom by the bagful basically all year round!

I'll continue hunting and report back with results.

I saw a LBM growing out of some lignin rich soil the last time i visited my parents, but didn't pick it up because they wouldn't understand my hobby! Been kicking myself in the ass since then!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Experiences with hunting in Ohio... [Re: Richard_D_James]
    #551866 -

Richard_D_James:
- What did you do with the var. formusa before consuming it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Experiences with hunting in Ohio... [Re: OJ]
    #552947 -

I may have dried it out on a dehydrator, but thats it...
It put a friend and I in a pleasent, dream-like drunkeness state, some what colorful... for several hours
similar to other tryptamines I have done, but much more mild...

I would do them again if I found them!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Disappointing hunt, good learning experience. Nirvhead 3,203 11 10/15/02 01:50 PM
by BitchCakes
* Hunting in Holland koraks 1,511 6 06/07/03 04:44 PM
by winelover
* Hunting in Cleveland Tryptamine 1,351 1 10/25/01 08:48 AM
by shitdog
* Ohio is becoming mushy... bbbnnm 2,171 10 04/24/03 09:27 PM
by Anonymous
* SW Ohio season? bbbnnm 1,776 7 04/23/03 01:28 PM
by Anonymous
* Hunting in Ohio JThug5 4,761 11 06/02/03 10:26 PM
by MagmaManiac
* My first hunting trip.. Northeast Ohio (ID Requests) EffedS 3,170 6 05/19/03 04:17 PM
by Effed
* Re: Any luck in Ohio? Condi1 1,389 2 08/05/00 10:25 AM
by Condi1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,549 topic views. 0 members, 11 guests and 56 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.