Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebbbnnm
Mushroom Peasant
Ohio is becoming mushy...
    #1487255 - 04/23/03 09:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey all, starting to become a regular here. me and some buddies went hunting again today at a nice park (SW Ohio) filled with horses today and noticed that the mushrooms are really starting to come up. We found at least 4 different types of mushrooms, i may have some pictures here soon. We found many growing out of a giant dung compost pile, some out of the lawn, and some next to horse dung. None of them bruised blue. Do all of the Ohio actives (pan subbs, caerilupes and gyms if im not mistaken) bruise blue? That would be a helpful bit of information. I know one kind were inky caps, the same ones i found 2 days ago. Another kind produced an orange spore print so that ones out. I am awaiting the other spore prints, so I will let you know! Hunting is fun when you actually find some mushrooms...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: bbbnnm]
    #1487446 - 04/23/03 10:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

gyms rarely bruise blue but often have greenish tints in places that have sufferede prolonged physical stress, like at places where stipes grow directely against one another and from sudden frost.

pan. subbs often bruise at the base, but only slightly. they don't usualy bruise conspiciously.

i am not too familiar with caerulipse, but i believe it dose tend to bruise.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: canid]
    #1487557 - 04/23/03 11:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yea bruise suspected subbs where the stem meets the mycellium if its going to bruise that is where it will. note that some specimens may not even bruise at all since these are considered to be a pretty weak mushroom. your looking in the right places tho. good luck. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

#1487776 - 04/24/03 12:40 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblebbbnnm
Mushroom Peasant
Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: ]
    #1487832 - 04/24/03 01:09 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Turns out they were too young to produce spores. However, they did produce a very light orangish/brown print so I am assuming they were poisonous, based on my limited knowledge. They werent worth posting, so I won't waste everyone's time! But rest assured I will be back here many times with shrooms for everyone to ID. Someday I hope to be able to help out the new guys like you all do, it's all quite interesting to me. It's a shame the college year will soon be over...but then again there is a horse farm right behind my house in Cincinnati...

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1487846 - 04/24/03 01:14 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i hope you stick around. this is a great hobby, and the shroomery is the greatest mycophile comunity online.

i'd love to see any pics and try my hand at identification, though i'm not nearly as adept at it as Mr Mushrooms or most of the others.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

#1487863 - 04/24/03 01:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinedefsk8tone
your brain
Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: ]
    #1489261 - 04/24/03 02:01 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I am also from ohio and hope to read about your finds all through the year as i will be posting mine too. Good luck

Invisiblebbbnnm
Mushroom Peasant
Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: defsk8tone]
    #1489547 - 04/24/03 03:05 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Glad to have the suppory guys.  The main reason I didn't post my finds is because I went about it very unscientifically.  I hadn't even planned on going mushroom hunting.  We were going to the park and its golf course, and drove by a compost pile and couldn't pass it up.  There were mushrooms pretty much everywhere.  Being unprepared, we just threw all the different kinds (3-4) in my friends golf bag haha.  Well needless to say they didnt last long, and wouldn't produce a good spore print.  So rather than posting my mess, I trashed em.  Sorry guys...I'll be more careful next time.  Oh, and none of them bruised blue or anything like that, so I don't think I threw away any actives (at least i'll keep telling myself that).  :wink: 

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #1489598 - 04/24/03 03:20 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't seen any caerilupes being cultivated? Does anyone have info on this species native to me? ohioian here as well.

Anonymous

Re: Ohio is becoming mushy... [Re: Twista]
    #1491200 - 04/24/03 11:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification