Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Question about my meditation
    #5489698 -

I've recently started to practice meditation and already I am feeling better (nothing major thus far, but noticeable). My question isn't so much to do with the way it is done, but what I feel when I am involved. I would say about 10 minutes in my hands (which are clasped in my lap) begin to feel heavy, and slowly the feeling of this weight starts to travel up my arms. It has thus far traveled up to almost my elbows before I lose concentration and get out.

It might also be useful to note that I have felt this weighted feeling during dreams I used to have periodically several years ago.

I'm not sure what my question is.. but does anyone have any comments on this? Thanks. :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about my meditation [Re: WScott]
    #5490033 -

I cannot tell you what is happening with the weight of your arms. If I were you I would remain in a meditative state and let this weight run it's course.


--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about my meditation [Re: WScott]
    #5491976 -

just be careful not to fall asleep!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about my meditation [Re: exclusive58]
    #5492026 -

concentration is most important at the beginning of the meditation, after which you may wish to work with circulation or insight.

this does not mean to promote loss of concentration, but it does promote parlaying the centeredness into unfolding acceptance of phenomena arizing and passing away without losing your meditation seat.

(note many are inclined to making up new religions at the slightest traces of these effects, what a waste!)

so the concentration is just the starter.
if you keep it going you get into jhanas (stoned like mental states and siddhis).
if you parlay it into insight you get into the development I just mentioned which I know is far more valuable.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Question about my meditation [Re: WScott]
    #5492030 -

"sleep" paralysis..  :tongue:

do not worry, you are perhaps just grounding your body...

relax and let be the flow!

:crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Meditation Anonymous 919 5 11/22/02 02:06 PM
by Blastrid
* Meditation Techniques KeepAskingTime 2,561 13 12/23/11 08:25 AM
by redgreenvines
* Enlightenment/Meditation: Emptiness or Awareness? Revelation 1,798 5 08/06/02 12:36 PM
by chrispc
* Meditation help! johnnyfive 985 11 01/13/03 10:16 AM
by 3eyedgod
* Meditation question
( 1 2 3 all )
superpimp 6,860 57 12/23/11 09:00 AM
by Icelander
* problem with meditation.
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 4,963 39 12/23/11 08:10 AM
by Icelander
* Beginning signs of meditation progress Irradiated_Feces 1,254 7 10/16/03 09:15 AM
by Anonymous
* meditation? im confuzed haha letsoulfly 1,008 12 11/09/03 06:55 PM
by energy_ball_within

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
468 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 75 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.