Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Meditation help!
    #1207742 - 01/10/03 07:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

For some reason lately i just can't seem to focus anymore during meditation, or shall i say im having trouble mediating effectively. Could someone help

Ya know im not sure what im looking for in meditation, but i really want to learn to do it. I just can't seem to get it down right! I NEED SOME POINTERS!

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Meditation help! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1207771 - 01/10/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Try getting as comfortable as possible while still in a sitting position, (You dont want to be too relaxed) I like to wrap myself up in a couple of blankets. Make sure the place your meditating is as quiet as you can get it. I always prefer to be in the dark, I used to keep my eyes open a little, but now I keep them closed, but I don't think it really matters.

Another thing that you'll eventually learn are little mind games or tricks that you can use to help you stay concentrated. But it takes time, when I first started I remmber I could only concentrate for a couple of seconds before I would distract myself with my thoughts. I've gotten pretty good now, and usually dont have any prodlems with staying focussed. It will all come with practice  :smile:

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: Meditation help! [Re: ]
    #1207829 - 01/10/03 07:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i alwys stare into blank space for 5 minutes or so before i begin, helps to make it easier to obtain "alpha state" and also slows the cardiovascular and respitory system a little. Breath deep and slow.

--------------------

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1207832 - 01/10/03 07:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

One of the best aids to meditation is a lightly caffienated tea, such as Green Tea. It gets rid of the cloudiness feeling without causing sleeplessness. Try burning incense, and try concentrating on the smell to relax your thoughts and senses. Saying a personal Mantra (God, Zen, Pamela Anderson, doesn't matter) on each breath is said to help. I find I meditate best when I am clean, after a shower. Surroundings are also important. I always find it very important for the room to be clean, and not filled with excess objects. I also find sitting in the center of the room to help. Hope some of the tips can be of help to you.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1208327 - 01/11/03 02:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I find it very challenging to clear my mind of thoughts when trying to meditate.. they are always bugging me and won't go away, damnit!

Inspired by something Raja said, instead of trying not to think the thoughts, I let them come right out, and try to picture them in my head, and then I picture them just disappearing into blackness, and it actually works. I even started to think of random things on purpose and kept destroying them, just to excercise my power over them.

So try not running away from your distractions, face them and see through them.

Meditation feels good. When I do it, I realize how rarely I actually clear my mind of everyday thoughts, and how healthy it feels.

Think of it like it's a shower, and not like it's a magical communion of sorts. Don't try and find desired results. If you keep quiet and listen they will come to you.

I also like to play some world music called 'Inlakesh' while im meditating. Check them out!

Invisiblei am e goldstein
Your Friend

Loc: 4 Blocks from Ground Zero
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1208360 - 01/11/03 03:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
3DSHROOMS is either clueless or the worlds biggest SCUMBAG
I lie and exagerate constantly... God Bless America!

Edited by i am e goldstein (01/11/03 04:05 AM)

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Meditation help! [Re: i am e goldstein]
    #1213368 - 01/13/03 05:24 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Does weed help or hinder the meditation process?

Does weed help or hinder meditation?
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1213400 - 01/13/03 05:43 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I find marijuana severely hinders meditation, even days after the initial effects have worn off. Tea is one of the few meditation aids.

Offlineraja
Stranger

Loc: belgium
    #1214196 - 01/13/03 11:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hi there!!!
i sometimes too have difficulties concentrating while meditating...but then i turn on some music (i prefer chants of Deva Premal)
while listening to the music,i stop thinking,cause you don't have to think about music,you just listen...with you're third ear....
some people prefer complete silence,but to me,that kind of music creates silence...that might sound weird.....
don't know if it will do you any good,but you can always try  :wink: 

--------------------
You teach best what you most need to learn.

Anonymous

#1214292 - 01/13/03 12:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Make sure the place your meditating is as quiet as you can get it

Ha i live in a fucking college dorm, and that is a bit of a challange!  :tongue:

Anonymous

Re: Meditation help! [Re: Remy]
    #1214312 - 01/13/03 12:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

One of the best aids to meditation is a lightly caffienated tea, such as Green Tea. It gets rid of the cloudiness feeling without causing sleeplessness. Try burning incense, and try concentrating on the smell to relax your thoughts and senses. Saying a personal Mantra (God, Zen, Pamela Anderson, doesn't matter) on each breath is said to help. I find I meditate best when I am clean, after a shower. Surroundings are also important. I always find it very important for the room to be clean, and not filled with excess objects. I also find sitting in the center of the room to help. Hope some of the tips can be of help to you.

Why is it none of you cats mentioned the direction you have to face?
Didnt i tell you in the other posts that most of you metitate wrong (at least to some extent)
You maybe relaxed yes, you may be using your right brain more, yes. But its still not it.

Proper meditation involves activating your pineal gland and that organ is sensetive to magnetic fields.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1214339 - 01/13/03 12:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You may, but not everyone has to face a specific direction when meditating. Meditation is about silencing the mind (the ego) and being (culturing awareness). There are many ways to do it. Do whatever you find works best for you.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology