Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404625 -

Ignoring someone is far more rude than being honest, in my opinion. I'm offended if someone ignores me; it lets a whole world of worries open up in my head. "What if they think I talk too much?" "What if I said something wrong?" "What if I smell?" etc etc.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404631 -

Terrance McKenna said that the Shamans deep in the Amazon were never disrespctful to there fellow companions no matter how much they hated each other and that's how it should be. I think it was wrong what you did to that poor girl. She didn't deserve to be pissed on by asshole even if he was telling the truth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404635 -

:lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404638 -

So, just because they are weird drug users in the middle of the jungle, what they do is right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Redstorm]
    #5404644 -

No, it's because Terrence McKenna said that's how it should be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #5404650 -

PLUR, LOL said:
No, it's because Terrence McKenna said that's how it should be.



No Terrence never said if it should be or not It's just what I think.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404665 -

Jackattack said:
Terrance McKenna said that the Shamans deep in the Amazon were never disrespctful to there fellow companions no matter how much they hated each other and that's how it should be. I think it was wrong what you did to that poor girl. She didn't deserve to be pissed on by asshole even if he was telling the truth.



So we should all hide our true feelings and act like everything is cool and kosher, and never know what our fellow man really thinks about us?

I imagine soccer moms are very fond of your ideas as well. I think it's stupid.

By the way, you don't know this girl. She is not a 'poor girl.' She had it coming. As I said, I tried dealing with her in a 'polite manner,' but some people are denser than others.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Jackattack]
    #5404794 -

There is something to be said for dimplomacy on occassion and if you tell me you are 110% brutality honest all the time, you deceive yourself. Consider a few scenarios; you have a child who is dumber than dirt, do you still deal the same brutal honesty you would to someone you don't care for? A friend comes over to help you with a task but their work ethic sucks, do you tell them so?

My assumption is that you only do so when it fills your desire to do so because it benefits you. Otherwise wouldn't you benefit more from constructive criticism?

Ex. A girl named Alice pesters you all the time. Rather than tell her that you don't want to talk to her because she is ugly and her breath smells like ass, you politely explain to her that "As a Scientologist, you can't associate with people unless they have went to Pakistan on a mission to convert people to Judaism in the tribal provinces bordering Afganistan".

Perhaps you don't like someone and wish they would leave you alone. What do you do? You point their flaws out to them until they have no desire to hear what you want to say.


--------------------
I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

俺のシロシャイビケッルリプスがここです。

東京スカパラダイスオクストラ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: baycafe]
    #5404823 -

I'm not brutally honest all the time. It's not like every thought I have pours out of my head offending the world. I say these things when I want to, you're correct. And I don't have a child. I don't even deal with my family on a regular basis, but I am honest with them. Honesty is my policy, but no one can be honest 100% of the time. I never claimed otherwise. That would eliminate even the ability to jest with your friends.

As for your example concerning 'Alice,' I would never use such a blatantly obvious excuse like that. I will get to the point. I am not lying.

As for the friend coming over to help when their work ethic sucks, no, I would not mention that. They are helping me for no other reason than their goodwill; work ethic would not matter to me.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5405002 -

First off, I just want to say I haven't read this entire thread...

It has been my experience that being honest, and telling the truth, does nothing but get you in trouble. Every time I have ever told the truth is has always come back to kick me in the ass.

The simple fact is that people DON'T WANT you to tell the truth! They want you to have two faces, your true self and the self that you show society. They want you to be honest, unless it means showing your true self. Despite the fact that their true self is just as fucked up as yours is, they will look down on you and judge you.

So I just stopped caring about telling people the REAL truth.


--------------------
A Temporal Anomaly

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: OneWhoHasSeen]
    #5405024 -

You know, you're right.

Oh well, too bad for people. :wink:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honesty? Simisu 980 10 02/08/07 12:45 PM
by Great Scott
* Honesty OneMoreRobot3021 463 3 09/30/06 04:39 PM
by HSIHd
* if honesty isn't the best policy, what is? Smack31 2,150 17 10/22/02 06:47 AM
by Bruiser
* Hey you non-Americans....what's your honest view of America and Americans in general?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
RandalFlagg 31,327 280 04/30/09 03:35 PM
by zouden
* Hey you non-Australians....what's your honest view of Australia and Australians in general?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
TurntableJunky 12,349 103 04/03/16 06:44 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Ok Honesty.. Who here really hated the Grateful Dead?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
MrSinister 8,946 101 09/18/12 10:49 PM
by geokills
* honesty..............it's still here scotsman1 633 9 07/17/04 01:02 PM
by ToTheSummit
* HELP STOP POLICE BRUTALITY USING TASERS!!! enth3o 1,330 14 09/27/05 09:24 AM
by Organic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,641 topic views. 3 members, 8 guests and 316 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.