Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Brutal Honesty
    #5404405 -

It's recently come to my attention that in my attempts to be completely honest and straight-forward with everyone I encounter, I tend to be rather brutal in my delivery.

Just today, I was incredibly fed up with a girl who apparently thought we were good friends. I never intended her to get this impression, and was never exactly a nice person around her. She just rubbed me the wrong way. So, I let her know how I felt today. She is a mooch, tries to make herself look good by telling stories and talking up all her adventures to heights that are just obnoxious, and can be embarassing around my friends. Was I wrong in letting her know this? I know that the truth can really sting; but I'm of the belief that after some time, you will settle down and be able to look at someone's opinions from a non-biased perspective. If you're somewhat intelligent, at least.

Anyone else have this brutal honesty thing going on? I just feel like putting on 'a face' and not letting people know exactly how I feel is deception, at some level.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404416 -

Sure it's important to be honest with the people in your life.  Some scenarios would probably be better just to let it go then to hurt someone because you feel like you need to get something off your shoulders... :shrug:

I guess it depends a lot of on the person you feel you need to be honest with and what your intentions are with that honesty.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404421 -

:handth:
:handth:

I'm glad there's still some people like you left.  I'm always honest, and lots of people think I'm a bitch because of it.  You should always be honest, it's the best policy.  :thumbup:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: CherryBom]
    #5404431 -

Yeah, I agree. It's better to let things go quite often - but in my case today, for example, this girl could not take a hint. I tried. Oh lord, I tried. No matter if I was rude to her, let her know my thoughts, etc etc, she just thought it was part of my personality to be an ass sometimes, and continued to treat the relationship as if I was her best friend.

You're right though.. it does really depend on the situation. I'm gonna have to work on my way with words.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Liz]
    #5404439 -

Thanks Liz. I wish more people were honest like us too. It really does give the impression that we're assholes, but life is just not always peachy. Them's the facts. :shrug:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404443 -

Yep, I have the same problem. I got kicked out of my house a couple years ago for telling my mom she was selfish and childish.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Redstorm]
    #5404452 -

For real. And if she was, she most likely needed to hear it, so she could realize how others view her.


To take a word from Eyedea,
"Rain, everyone wants to get out of the rain,
it falls from all skies so I can't complain,
without the water you can't have the flame,
I will be reincarnated as rain."

Something like that anyway.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404463 -

I wish more people would be honest with me. I never get the feeling that people are being completely forthright with the things they say.

I keep my opinions to myself most of the time and just try and co-exist peacefully, but if something comes up...I will be totally honest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: MOTH]
    #5404475 -

You'd probably get the feeling that I'm being forthright with you, but you'd probably also get your feelings hurt. Honesty is just the way I live my life, offensive or not. :yesnod:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404491 -

How many girls have you made cry this week ?

Edited by TYL3R (03/15/06 04:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: TYL3R]
    #5404500 -

Zero. I'd better get on top of my game.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404511 -

Fer serious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404521 -

I'm the exact same way.  I never pull any punches and tell it like it is 100% of the time.  Especially when giving out advice.  If the person who is asking me for advice is a friend, I'll usually give a warning, saying something to the effect of "you know how I tell it like it is, and this will sound mean, but it's how I do it" and then I saw my thing.  It seems to work ok.  My friends appreciate it (not while they're drunk though :smile: ) while people who do not know me, do not appreciate it, but I'm also of the opinon of not giving a shit about what people think of me...at all.  I'm happy to have that mentality, it's seems to work for me.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #5404533 -

Yeah, I should probably start giving out a disclaimer with my opinions. :wink:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404549 -

This reminds me of a couple of weeks ago. I was at the store and when checking out I went to the place where you scan your shit yourself. One of the employes that worked there went to high school with me, when at school I probably said 100 words to her. She decided she would come up to me and talk. I was keeping it short b/c I didn't even remember her name. She remarks "How come you arn't talkative?". I kinda blew up and said "What the fuck do you expect? I barley even knew you in school, and you decide to act like old buddies?"


--------------------
yawn...
SG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: Stonerguy]
    #5404564 -

:lol:

That's brutal honesty if I've ever heard it.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404580 -

jonnywax said:
You'd probably get the feeling that I'm being forthright with you, but you'd probably also get your feelings hurt. Honesty is just the way I live my life, offensive or not. :yesnod:



Yes, I might cry, but it would be worth it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: MOTH]
    #5404587 -

No worries, I'd be there to give you a hug and pat your back while you cope with my harsh mindset. :heart:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404593 -

Aww!  That would be so sweet of you.  :smile:  :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Brutal Honesty [Re: lukeboots]
    #5404608 -

Id rather have people that don't like me treat me as nice as they could instead of having them tell me they hate me. You could of always ignored her.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Honesty? Simisu 980 10 02/08/07 12:45 PM
by Great Scott
* Honesty OneMoreRobot3021 463 3 09/30/06 04:39 PM
by HSIHd
* if honesty isn't the best policy, what is? Smack31 2,150 17 10/22/02 06:47 AM
by Bruiser
* Hey you non-Americans....what's your honest view of America and Americans in general?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
RandalFlagg 31,328 280 04/30/09 03:35 PM
by zouden
* Hey you non-Australians....what's your honest view of Australia and Australians in general?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
TurntableJunky 12,349 103 04/03/16 06:44 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Ok Honesty.. Who here really hated the Grateful Dead?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
MrSinister 8,946 101 09/18/12 10:49 PM
by geokills
* honesty..............it's still here scotsman1 633 9 07/17/04 01:02 PM
by ToTheSummit
* HELP STOP POLICE BRUTALITY USING TASERS!!! enth3o 1,330 14 09/27/05 09:24 AM
by Organic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,641 topic views. 6 members, 19 guests and 204 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.