Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
speedy trippy high
    #534172 - 01/28/02 04:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

What is a good strain of shrooms that gives you that speedy trippy type high? I used to trip on mesculin and blotter back in the 70's but look forward now in my 40's to this more natural shroom high.. I ve read about the strains that give visuals or make you feel philosophical.. hell I think about life and existence without tripping..LOL.. whats a good strain to grow and go out and party and laugh your ass off on?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
Re: speedy trippy high [Re: SouthernGent]
    #534220 - 01/28/02 05:01 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty sure its the "set" and "setting" that you trip in that makes the trip what it is.

"whats a good strain to grow and go out and party and laugh your ass off on?"

From one strain of mushroom you can have two distinctly different expierences. No strain isn't guarenteed a good time or that kind of expierence.

All cubensis strains have the same drug in them,(psilocin/psilocybin), so figure it out yourself.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: speedy trippy high [Re: MarleyBob]
    #534358 - 01/28/02 07:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

all is true except that there ARE other substances in different strains which make the trips different. My first mushie trip I was up and running around, just so fuckin happy, almost like acid. But since then I've been running into ones like Treasure Coast that make me unable to move. I truly could barely move my body on TC without heavy effort, very uncomfortable, NOT a party strain.

HOWEVER most often strains that you are used to being a certain way WILL surprise you and be totally different. So always having the same trip is quite hard to do.

Personally I love acids speedy effect, I feel like a little kid. On mushies I can feel like a little kid but I can't run around and play, just kinda sit around and trip out.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#534363 - 01/28/02 07:52 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

as for shrooms being more like a "natural" feeling trip, I don't fully agree. Everybody says this, but personally I never felt acid to be a "chemical" trip. I think if you tell your brain that it is going to be chemical, then you'll have a chemical feel trip.

when I did acid for the first time I had a rebirth and I remember saying very often on the trip how natural it felt -- I was tripping hard and seeing mad shit but the trip felt so goddam real that comparatively reality seemed not real. so however you think of it is how you'll trip

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: speedy trippy high [Re: HB]
    #535150 - 01/29/02 04:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the replies HB... now let me ask.. do you know of a type that makes you get that speed rush? or are we all saying that any cub will keep you up partying if thats the pre trip plan.. right now I ve got puerto ricans and EQ's workin.. just doin some research before I trip lol.. hell I m easy but i ve never did shrooms.. if shrooms is more of a put on some good music and think type buzz then i can relate to that as well.. the think i m liking about my shrooms research is the fact that i m the one cultivating the buzz from start to finish... thats a trip in itself. ive done acid years ago, and i ve smoked alot of weed but never once did I make any of it.. i m looking forward to it

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#535189 - 01/29/02 05:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If I knew of one in particular that was nice and speedy I'd be on that myself, heh ... if I find anything I'll give you the word, but offhand I really don't know of any species. My actual plan for my next trip was to take some adderall or ritalin with the shrooms (if it is safe) so I can stay up and moving, because I hate the restriction on moving that most shrooms give. Hippy flippying sounds like a great idea as well, E would make the trip amazing for sure.

Wish I knew of a great speedy strain, I'm tired of sitting down and feeling like I can't move at all, it's horridly uncomfortable and unenjoyable

SOMETIMES when you are coming up there is the nausea which makes you sluggish, slow and lazy but then by the peak you are up and about. But the best of all are the ones that keep you up the whole time

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: speedy trippy high [Re: MarleyBob]
    #535621 - 01/30/02 03:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah i did figure it out for myself...
Basically I originally didnt believe that there was a difference in alkaloid levels and psychoactivity in Ps.Cubensis strains, but now i know that there is.
I realised that native woodlover species would generally give a far more potent and different experience due to the make up of their substrate (hard woods with different precursors) and they relative different levels of Aeruginicine, Baeocystin, nor-baeocystin, trypthan, etc as well as your usual psilocin/psilocybin levels...
And yes, different substrates can have a huge effect in potency.
However, i have found that -just as different cubensis spore-races have different fruiting characteristics and colonisation speeds, so to they have different levels of potency and - at larger dosages - notable and persistant psychoactive effects.
As an example, if you eat one of the thai spores races such as Ko Samui or Lipa Yai (also from Ko Samui) you would find yourself having little or no visual stimuli but a lot of energy, whereas on Puerto Rican, PC Tasmania, Pc PF Classic you will often find a highly visual but also more anxious experience.
Then there is the mazatapec Cubensis strain that even at 6 grams dry gives a pleasant experience DESPITE a quite unsuitable setting - a bar with lots of drunken wankers where i had to go once...
So ive done the research and i am confident in my results

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #536012 - 01/30/02 02:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

most thai cubensis are supposed to be 'speedy'

OfflineCuckoosNest
addict
Loc: Northwest (shaped like a ...
Re: speedy trippy high [Re: stefan]
    #536711 - 01/31/02 08:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

From what I have heard from a few sources the Pan Trops and Pan Cyans are suppose to give a little bit more of a speedy trip. My other personality is in the process of cultivating some Pan Trops right now, so soon he will be able to give a first hand account of them soon.

--------------------

"...Three geese in a flock. One flew east, And one flew west, And one flew over the cuckoo's nest."
Ken Kesey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate