Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblehankydanky2k
Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED!
    #2797110 - 06/16/04 12:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am about to buy a cube this weekend and am planning on getting a list of games that I have asembled for their multiplayer and psychadelic qualities. All of these games are top notch for tripping and just plain having a party with friends. Of course, we all know that tripping hard leads to a loss of control, but while you still have it you should try these games out. They would make for a very good catalyst to lose yourself.

bomberman generations
F-zero GX
mario golf
mario kart double dash
mario party 5 (slightly better than MP4, making MP4 obsolete)
mario tennis
super monkey ball 1
super monkey ball 2
super smash bros melee
warioware inc mega party game$

Those ten games will entertain you and all your friends for more hours than you could possibly count. They are the best of the best as far as two-four player action goes. All of them are sure to please absolutely anybody who enjoys sitting alongside their peers whilst kicking ass. I spent many hours researching and testing all these games and can attest personally to each one being the pedigree of it's class. Mario Tennis will be out by the end of this year. All the others have already been released.

You hear people say that a console can be worth a single game on it's own, but what about 10 games? GC is worth Smash Brothers alone. Add the other nine games and you have something you will never sell or get tired of. I am not trying to advertise this. I just want to make sure that people who need to find out what games to get are able to find them. Anybody who feels at all bored in any way at any point please consult that list. If anybody has any comments on it, or anything, then please let me know. And let me know if you find the list useful at all.

Peace

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedo
CTA

Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: hankydanky2k]
    #2797126 - 06/16/04 12:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Video games trippin isnt that fun, staring at a projected 2d image at your TV's refresh rate can make you go nuts while trippin (for me at least). Those are games for being stoned, but if your gonna play it stoned why not get something with games a little more fitted to adults with more releases (xbox, then ps2 if you have to get it foor some reason =b). I had a gamecube for awhile, and its just not worth it.

Invisiblehankydanky2k
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: Redo]
    #2797142 - 06/16/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am sure Xbox has more adult type games. I was talking about games that might help on the harsh come up of a trip. They are just so relaxing, especially with good friends. Xbox doesn't have anything close to these games. It just has lame imitators that aren't nearly as good. And just to lay it down, FPS on a console sucks.

--------------------
The above post is fictitous, and any coincedence between it and real people, places, or events is unintentional.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2797370 - 06/16/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh man, you need to get "Eternal Darkness" for the Game Cube. Entirely psychotic. Your charector can go insane and start seeing blood on the walls, as well as other very crazy stuff (don't want to spoil the surprises, but they're excellent). Might be bad to trip to if you're sensitive, but it could be really fun too.

And I really like the Gamecube. It's lacking a few games, but the fact that there is going to be a new REALISTIC Zelda more than makes up for it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineRedo
CTA

#2798318 - 06/16/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

XBox does have mature games, but it also has alot of inbetweeners, and alot of racing games :laugh:.

Any console will do fine, it all depends on what you like. Its just that playing video games while trippin is kinda ridiculus in my opinion.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2800298 - 06/16/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you have excellent taste in video games, those are about the only type I like. mario kart double dash is a shroom-come up fixture for us.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: Noviseer]
    #2800371 - 06/16/04 09:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

my favorite all time game to play whilst tripping is a super nintendo game, "anamaniacs" so many random movie references, its insane! i played it coming up, and coming down, and it made my whole freaking day!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinehairs
old hand
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: Todcasil]
    #2800555 - 06/16/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

playing mario while waiting for your dose to kick in is excellent

Did mario just do that??? errrrrr..... lol

--------------------
If I didn't have such a great drive (golf) the American people would thing I wasn't working so hard. George W. Bush

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: hairs]
    #2800828 - 06/17/04 12:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Metroid prime is cool too.

So is the wind waker, its animation is super-duper fantastic.

crazy taxi is goo for the come up , its helps you not notice the shrooms till you swimming in em.

Offlinetruecaucasian
gangsta.
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: Kingkole]
    #2802092 - 06/17/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

MarioKart Double Dash......So very very veryyyyyyyyyyy immersiiivveeee. :p I played this game and everything was melting on the game and I kept melting into the TV. Multiplayer led to some deep conversations while gaming. Very Very interesting to play on the come up of my acid :laugh:. THEN WATCH FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS!

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #2802156 - 06/17/04 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The one time I tried to play video games while mildly tripping I thought it was absolutely hilarious that I could move a joystick and a character on the screen would mimic it.  That lasted for about 5 seconds before I gave up though :smile:

Anonymous

Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: Digs]
    #2802169 - 06/17/04 01:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

dude mario double dash=fun memories  :heart:

Invisiblehankydanky2k
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: ]
    #2804165 - 06/18/04 01:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, Mario Kart always kicks ass with friends. All the other games I mentioned deserve serious credit, though. I really enjoy monkey ball. It's basically like marble madness. You just roll a ball with a monkey inside of it around a big maze and through a goal. It is seriously addicting. Also great is Warioware. It is like a 2-D mario party without the slow board game element. You just keep playing minigames non-stop. It keeps going faster and faster as you play, and it never let's you take a break. Another title I was looking at was Mario Party 6. Unlike all that came before it, this entry is going to change the type of controls you use. Nobody knows any more than that. It might be something like a PS2 Eye toy. Either way it should be very different from the rest of the series. But as of now I am not sure if it will provide an enjoyable experience or not.

As for eternal darkness, that game is great. The insanity efects are amazingly innovative. I loved every single time my meter got low and things started changing. That was some very trippy stuff. To this day my friend swears that game turned his TV off. How? Nobody can figure that out.

All the games mentioned in this thread are definitely worth checking out, and some are quite trippy. However, "the list" was purely focused on multiplayer party type games. Whereas you could maybe find 2 games like these worth playing on xbox and about 3-4 on PS2, I wanted to show all of what the cube had to offer people. IMHO it is by far the only possible system to choose if you like this type of gameplay. Anybody els ethink otherwise?

--------------------

OfflineEvent_Horizon
the ganja man

#2804579 - 06/18/04 05:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm, supersmash bro's does have those crazy colourful backgrounds in some places and funny music, im gonna give it a go,
i completely forgot about doin that, sounds like a great idea, but then again i forget how to use fingers properly while tripping somtimes, stoned would b better as sum1 else said to play these games.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #2805002 - 06/18/04 11:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

make sure you get ikaruga

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2805028 - 06/18/04 11:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If i were you I would consider getting xobx instead of game cube because its simply a better console. If you're buyikng the system for the games only, then buy it if you want.

Also theres this new resident evil game coming out, fuckin insane game!!!

i think gamecube would be worth it for just that.

If you're bying a system for the gaming experience instead of specific games, then get xbox.

VIDEO GAME CONSOLES ARE WORTH IT ANYWAY, TRIPPING OR NOT

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #2806070 - 06/18/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

One of the last time I dosed it was at a friend's apt who had a gamecube. We played Smash brothers, Mario Sunshine, Monkey Ball and Wave Racer.... by the time the trip was full-on we weren't even playing any more... just moving the controller stick around and hitting buttons and watching the crazy shit that was going down on the screen. Waveracer and monkeyball were particularly tripped out....

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3208024 - 10/02/04 10:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The cube is great if you like gaming, pure and simple.
The xbox is a halo machine if you ask me.
Ps2 has Grand Theft Auto and Final Fantasy, movie games.
All are alright but I think the gamecube and ps2 are the superior machines. Hell, I am thinking about getting myself a cube now, and they are cheap too!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Would you buy GameCube? It has 10 trippy games YOU NEED! [Re: mecreateme]
    #3208453 - 10/02/04 11:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Good job at bringing back a really old topic.  :tongue:

But while we're at it, Resident Evil and Metroid Prime are the game.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
    #3209541 - 10/03/04 12:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You left out so many great games...

Zelda Windwaker: this game is fuckin awesome. There's so much style, and colour, the cell shading looks beautiful

Super Mario Sunshine: trippy as hell, and the graphics are mindblowing(ocean)

Metroid Prime: Another great game

Super Mario Bros.(NES): you can play that shit on the big screen if you have a gameboy player.

X-Box is lame as hell, Halo is good and I might get one just for Fable and Halo 2...but other than that I can't stand X-Box.

PS2 is, overall, the best system I would say. But I don't know if it has many good trippy games. The Onimusha series is fantastic. (MGS2 beats the shit out of GTA3)

Gamecube on the other hand has a very nice, colourful, cartoony style to a lot of it's games.

SN03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience