Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5337573 -

XUL said:
fighting wars is fine with me. I dont know what the chances are of death in the navy, but im not really afraid to die.

I mean.. America is a safe place to live because we have a good millitary. I feel I should help somehow.



Do you really think that America's current military actions are making it in any way safer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: OJK]
    #5337603 -

Odiumjunkie said:
XUL said:
fighting wars is fine with me. I dont know what the chances are of death in the navy, but im not really afraid to die.

I mean.. America is a safe place to live because we have a good millitary. I feel I should help somehow.



Yes

WB

Do you really think that America's current military actions are making it in any way safer?




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5337653 -

When I got out of the navy and applied to college, they told me I was not eligible for a Pell Grant because I already had the GI Bill, said it would be double dipping.

But the GI Bill is a good deal. I get a check in the mail every month. It's now up to $1034 per month. Loans and scholarships cover my tuition, so the GI bill is living money.


As the others have mentioned, the Navy sucks, but so do alot of things. There is no other Job I can think of which will give you the variety of travel opportunities. I have been to about fifteen foreign countries and traveled to every continent except South America. It's not just a job though, It's more like being an indentured servant. They really do own your ass. Once you enlist you can't change your mind, and if you just leave, they will hunt you down and throw you in jail.

I think it is good that the US has a Navy, so somebody has to do it. Just know what you are getting yourself into.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: shroomydan]
    #5337683 -

I just don't think the GI bill is worth the four years..... but that's just me.

Indentured servitude at it's finest...... I did see a lot of the Middle East... sand... oh, and there was some more sand.... and there's weird sea snakes in the gulf... flying fish too... japan was fun, so was hong kong... but honestly had I known what it'd take to see that shit beforehand I would've stayed here.


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5337916 -

mediman0078 said:
have to take orders from 22 year old OCS Lutenant JG's



Well how do you become one of these people?


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #5337928 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
mediman0078 said:
have to take orders from 22 year old OCS Lutenant JG's



Well how do you become one of these people?



ROTC or military schools like west point

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5337941 -

what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5337993 -

Whatever.

I'm the President.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thinking about joining navy
( 1 2 all )
L-Shroom-D 1,590 27 07/02/11 09:36 PM
by WakeboardrB
* I'm joining the Navy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
swm 7,344 79 02/19/05 03:18 PM
by lemon_lw
* Thinking about joining the Navy *DELETED* Buckthorn 1,538 18 01/31/11 01:52 PM
by badchad
* so the navy is becoming a very real possibility XUL 1,176 13 06/11/06 09:47 PM
by gdman
* The American Navy "Global Force For Good" commercial!
( 1 2 3 all )
Satyapriya 2,860 59 04/14/12 05:10 AM
by Kamek
* Tempted to enlist!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Larrythescaryrex 5,377 60 02/10/03 10:55 AM
by Adamist
* Transgender Navy Seal to Trump meet me face to face
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Cyrus19 3,937 201 07/31/17 06:40 PM
by CookieCrumbs
* United States Navy
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
XUL 10,914 154 10/01/08 12:34 AM
by monkeywrench

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,568 topic views. 6 members, 24 guests and 159 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.