Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: United States Navy [Re: nobhdy]
    #6226771 - 10/30/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

are you sure S. Korea is Communist? Last time i checked they were a democracy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: United States Navy [Re: Krishna]
    #6226793 - 10/30/06 02:08 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
nice job signing your life away to neo-facist imperialist exploits :thumbup:

:rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: United States Navy [Re: XUL]
    #6226805 - 10/30/06 02:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Good for you :thumbup:
watch your back, and stay safe.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #6226810 - 10/30/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Joining the Navy and Army are actually not something to be proud of IMO.
"like in korea. you dont really start too appreciate the US and its military and its government till you have seen comunism at work and seen what our boys do to protect democracy"

Your understanding of world events is way to simplistic. Most wars are fought over resources, in fact almost all the modern wars are.

If you really think America ran around trying to protect Democracy during the cold war, and that their quest had nothing to do with installing governments favorable to the US, and their corporations, you naive.

Also, for a country so concerned with spreading democracy, WHY does the US sell the majority of the worlds torture weapons??

Why no more Habeas Corpus? And what happened to the insurrection act??

No, you have no democracy, and neither do I, we live under corporatism, and thats not hippie talk, thats the way it is, try reading The Unconscious Civilization for starters, as the title suggests, people forget, and many of them, don't even know that most "western democracies" are not democracies at all.

And I am sure plenty of the people here at the shroomery understand this is true.
And I am sick of these ads that treat war like a fucking video game, that confuses stupid children, who then enlist to die.

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (10/30/06 02:15 PM)

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
Re: United States Navy [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #6226843 - 10/30/06 02:22 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

EDITED BY NOBHDY. REALIZED HE WAS BEING A DOUCHE. :frown:

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Edited by nobhdy (11/02/06 12:24 PM)

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6226849 - 10/30/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck, sounds like it should be a good experience :thumbup:

Don't listen to this liberal hippy rhetoric :wink:

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: Boom]
    #6226858 - 10/30/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Booooom said:
Good luck, sounds like it should be a good experience :thumbup:

Don't listen to this liberal hippy rhetoric :wink:

THANK YOU

i love you, man.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #6226863 - 10/30/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Dissenting opinions have their place, no reason to get so uppity. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#6226864 - 10/30/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Did they give you a pea coat in advance? 'Cause that's some real incentive there.

Offlineelduque
Major LeagueInfidel
 User Gallery
Loc: Eastern AL.
Re: United States Navy [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6226869 - 10/30/06 02:27 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

i am pretty sure nobhdy is saying that you can see that we are making a difference in korea if you've been there and seen it first hand...and never once said south korea was communist. 

you guys must have it really bad where you are, i feel sorry for you.  i am glad i live comfortably enough to be happy with and proud of my country,  its ashame you didnt have the same chance, and you have become so pessimistic. 
just feel safe knowing there are people like me who protect your rights and freedoms.
for i will not fail my fellow American no matter what their personal opinion may be.  And i would fight to the last drop of my blood to protect you brothers, from enemies foreign and domestic, no matter our differences. for your right to protest.  for your right to disagree.  for your freedom of speech.  for the freedom to worship what you will.  i will be there, wearing my countries uniform and flag proudly!  and no matter what you say and think about me.  just know, I WILL NOT FAIL!
these are my own words, and this is how i really feel about it.  the politics may not matter to me but you people do.  :thumbup:
even the haters!

--------------------
We have a little war going on here. I just heard an ambulance go around the corner. what will it be tonight? the son who kicked his mother down the stairs? the father who beat his wife to death with the telephone? the baby who got forgotten by his mother because the drugs were really good today? you never know. you never know and you never get to know unless it's you, and if its you, well, you dont want to know. ~Henry Rollins "Art To Choke Hearts"

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: elduque]
    #6226884 - 10/30/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

elduque said:
Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

i am pretty sure nobhdy is saying that you can see that we are making a difference in korea if you've been there and seen it first hand...and never once said south korea was communist. 

you guys must have it really bad where you are, i feel sorry for you.  i am glad i live comfortably enough to be happy with and proud of my country,  its ashame you didnt have the same chance, and you have become so pessimistic. 
just feel safe knowing there are people like me who protect your rights and freedoms.
for i will not fail my fellow American no matter what their personal opinion may be.  And i would fight to the last drop of my blood to protect you brothers, from enemies foreign and domestic, no matter our differences. for your right to protest.  for your right to disagree.  for your freedom of speech.  for the freedom to worship what you will.  i will be there, wearing my countries uniform and flag proudly!  and no matter what you say and think about me.  just know, I WILL NOT FAIL!
these are my own words, and this is how i really feel about it.  the politics may not matter to me but you people do.  :thumbup:
even the haters!

if only other people were like you. you are my true brother on these forums.

i will admit my outlash was unwarranted, but it pisses me off to see people who dont give a damn due to their ignmorance.

shit, this country needs to draft all the hippies and teach them what democracy is all about.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#6226900 - 10/30/06 02:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

you dumbshit. go burn in whatever hell you in which you beleive.

And you call yourself a Buddhist?

Quote:

I was raised in the army, and my dad is over in iraq RIGHT fuckin now risking his life and his family to spread democracy.

so, the US is in Iraq to spread democracy? Why do you believe this?

Quote:

Im not supposed to say anything, but in fact, we did find WMDs and biological and chemical weapons over there, it just hasnt been released to the public yet.

Right  :rolleyes:

Quote:

why dont oyu go choke on one, you ungrateful hippy peice of shit.

OM

Male

#6226912 - 10/30/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
shit, this country needs to draft all the hippies and teach them what democracy is all about.

:rotfl:

SO a draft....is an example of democracy?  Forcing people into the military...is what a country that preaches CHOICE should do?

Fucking hell man.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6226924 - 10/30/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

hehe, this country has the right to draft its citizens. we have constitutional amendments for a reason.

and yes, i call myself a budhist...a very conservative, republican, patriotic budhist.

and in fact, my country comes before my beleifs always.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

#6226935 - 10/30/06 02:43 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

oh, bio, you too, are ignorant.

we are over there to start a democratic government. as for resources, to ignore the proposition of obtaining more oil would be very stupid. as of now, this countries dependancy on oil is its biggest weakness, and the government is trying to wean us off of it and reserv it for military use.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Male

#6226949 - 10/30/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I won't deny that Iraq is better off now than it was under Saddam but if you believe that the U.S. doesn't have ulterior motives, that it's all in the name of advertised freedom, then you are the one who is ignorant.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#6226955 - 10/30/06 02:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Geez.... before you start calling yourself a Buddhist, you should consider learning how to spell it.

Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #6226956 - 10/30/06 02:50 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

tis is teh intarweb clar comunication not impotant

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Re: United States Navy [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6226961 - 10/30/06 02:51 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

can you give an example of such an ulterior motive, since you seem to know ALL about the miltary and government.... :shake:

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #6226967 - 10/30/06 02:53 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
and yes, i call myself a budhist...a very conservative, republican, patriotic budhist.

oh the irony.

how old are you? 18 tops?

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom