Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
navy
    #5334676 -

what are your thoughts or experience with the navy?

I am very interested in the navy now. I want to see the world. Some recruiters from the marines talked to me today. They didnt talk about the navy, but I think thats what I want to do.

hmm


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5334759 -

Just remember the military exists for one purpose: fighting wars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5334765 -

Screw that .

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5334780 -

If you want to see the world try something like the peace corps. I'm sure there are plenty of volunteer groups that will send you to exotic land to help, rather than kill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #5334785 -

NO NO NO!! I was a RM in the navy for 4 years working on satcom stuff. I thought it'd be cool too... see the world and all. Well, I did see a lot of different places..... at the expense of my own freedom. You'll work your ass off, most of the time for people you'd really like to throw off the fantail of the ship, for shit pay. You do get 1 month a year of vacation, but that wasn't enough for me for the amount of BS you put up with on a daily basis. It's an agrevating existence, my friend... If you're enlisted, you'll be hating life for the first 2 years of your tour. Once you become a petty officer, you catch it from BOTH sides because you become middle management with little say in what goes on. A lot of the lifers who've gone up to become Chiefs are notorious dickheads (some aren't, but MOST are).... they're pissed that they've advanced through the ranks, done their time, and still have to take orders from 22 year old OCS Lutenant JG's who have no clue how the real work gets done cause they have nice cushy officers quarters, when everyone else is crammed into file cabnet sized racks in 50+ men berthings that are a real bitch to sleep in sometimes. It's NOT as cool as they make it out to be man.... military is a LAST RESORT ONLY.


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5334806 -

I agree, Mediman. I was in the Marines for 4 years and it sucked so much ass I couldn't believe it. I'll never forget when I was finally discharged, it felt 10 times better than graduating high school and my first piece of ass combined.

The military is for those that want to be treated and live like a worker ant.

Just say NO to the military. I cannot stress this enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5334818 -

I dont mind hard work and taking orders. Its better than getting wasted every weekend and doing nothing with life. I want my art major, but.. I saw that the navy has a art/photography branch.

So im gonna check that shyte out.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5334836 -

personally i dont like the navy, if anything go airforce (relatively easier work) or marines(cause youre a hardcore muthafucka) no inbetweens.
and what patrick said, your job is to fight wars, is that what you want? do you want to travel or fight wars?
if you want to see the world, there are other options (like twister said, peace corps.).


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: eligal]
    #5334844 -

fighting wars is fine with me. I dont know what the chances are of death in the navy, but im not really afraid to die.

I mean.. America is a safe place to live because we have a good millitary. I feel I should help somehow.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5334955 -

Chances of death: SLIM. Ship defenses are pretty thick considering how much each one costs. CIWS will shoot down seagulls that get too close. They are pretty safe. Unless, of course, you do what I did and take TAD orders in to war zones so you can boost your pay and not pay taxes. I've been shot at on several occasions working with the Marines, and one of the guys I worked with caught some bullet fragments in the bottom of his foot that kinda shreaded it.

As for doing JO duty (photo joes), I think you'd be 1000x better off just going to college man. They aren't really assigned anything major, at least on my ship, other than the ships newsletter. A lot of the cool stuff requires "in rate security clearance" and the need to know, so a lot of the documentation is done in house by the people working that particular job.

I agree with the others who said Peace Corps, my friend. I wish I had joined them instead of the Navy, as I still feel that was a wasted 4 years of my life. I couldn't even get a job doing satcom stuff once I got out cause ex-mil people are a dime a dozen. I HAD to go back to school anyhow. At least in the P.C. you'll be doing some REAL good for other people AND improving the image of the US internationally. I can't say that about my naval career, as most sailors are fucking jackasses in foriegn countries (and at home for that matter)....


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: Left Nut City]
    #5335107 -

Quote:
I'll never forget when I was finally discharged, it felt 10 times better than graduating high school and my first piece of ass combined.





no doubt!~


I remember counting down the days til I got out!~


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: Roadkill]
    #5335143 -

I started wearing a little sticker on my hat that had the number of days I had left on it once I got to 2 months short..... I had short timers disease bad. I'd assign my guys their shit and prompty skate off. :lol: Then I used all my accrued leave to cover the last few weeks, showed up the last day, got my DD214, and went down to Chief Williams office ( i HATED that guy) and told him he was a fucking asshole in front of the entire SATCOM office staff including our division officer, who all busted up laughing  'cause they thought he was a prick too, then walked away feeling better than ever... i was sooooo glad to be out. The afterparty lasted days.... :laugh:


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5335445 -

It's luck of the draw on whether you'll like where you are our not. I had 5 yrs in the Marines. Hated most of it mainly because I got stuck in a shit job. Any branch can be cool but be warned that 90% of the jobs out there blow.


--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #5335449 -

"in the navy!" :drumming:


--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: eligal]
    #5337497 -

yea, and you'll have to put up with people singing that fucking song all the damn time.... :lol:


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5337505 -

in the navy
you can sail the 7 seas
in the navy
catch a tropical disease

OCS Lts are referd to as butter bars in the army

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5337526 -

Noob officers are always funny to see once they get in to their division... They have the power over all those enlisted guys, who know what they're doing usually, and make the DUMBEST orders.... to the point of being amusing. Senior enlisted people hate them, but can't say shit. They wind up with the perma-sour face from having to deal with 'em. :lol: I was actually friends witha couple O-2's that were in the nuclear reactor maintenence department who used to just think up dumb shit to order the asswad chiefs to go do.... that used to make things entertaining....:lol:


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: mediman0078]
    #5337553 -

when my uncle was serving in viet nam he was 'issued' a new 2LT, he greeted him at
the pad and went to remove his bars, the lt backed off and started shouting
it wasnt a minute later that a sniper popped his head, shiney things attract women
and bullets, most of the COs listened to an e-8 on his 3rd tour

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: XUL]
    #5337559 -

If your financial situation is not very secure the armed forces could be an option, they pay for college.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: navy [Re: gdman]
    #5337570 -

so does FAFSA....


--------------------
........someday I'll find it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thinking about joining navy
( 1 2 all )
L-Shroom-D 1,590 27 07/02/11 09:36 PM
by WakeboardrB
* I'm joining the Navy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
swm 7,344 79 02/19/05 03:18 PM
by lemon_lw
* Thinking about joining the Navy *DELETED* Buckthorn 1,538 18 01/31/11 01:52 PM
by badchad
* so the navy is becoming a very real possibility XUL 1,176 13 06/11/06 09:47 PM
by gdman
* The American Navy "Global Force For Good" commercial!
( 1 2 3 all )
Satyapriya 2,860 59 04/14/12 05:10 AM
by Kamek
* Tempted to enlist!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Larrythescaryrex 5,378 60 02/10/03 10:55 AM
by Adamist
* Transgender Navy Seal to Trump meet me face to face
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Cyrus19 3,937 201 07/31/17 06:40 PM
by CookieCrumbs
* United States Navy
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
XUL 10,914 154 10/01/08 12:34 AM
by monkeywrench

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,568 topic views. 3 members, 19 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.