Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
2nd Attempts at Casings
    #525710 -

Thanks to all the help I've recieved here at the Shroomery, and all the info. I've been able to track down online, I finally have a good pin set.

I'm using 4x 50/50 verm & peatmoss casings, each with 3 jars of colonized substrate. The substrate was straight damp verm. according to PFTek in 1/2 wide mouth jars. The spores are Peurto Ricans from Sporeworks (thanks guys)..

Each casing contains 3 colnized jars of substrate with ~1" top/bottom of the 50/50 casing mix. Worked like a charm!















Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #525748 -

Beautiful Pictures. You did a great job Congrats!!!!!
I'm getting ready to do my first casing - Your crop is great motivation. Thanks


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: repobob]
    #525761 -

I cant wait till my 18 jars are done colonzing so I can make new casings.. I was forced to use the sea of shrooms tek but next time I am using 50/50 :)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: repobob]
    #526534 -

Thank you repobob!
Here's a few more i took this morning...
(the cap on that one shroom is just getting huge!)

Question: Just curious how often i should be misting these? I misted once when I cased, and once again lightly.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527128 -

Mist lightly between flushes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527134 -

If you want to have great flushes, the casing must remain moist throughout the growing cycle.

Quote from The Mushroom Cultivator concerning the pin initiation stategy and watering for Agaricus species, but also applies to cased cubensis, page 144:

"....If dry air becomes a problem, a light misting of the casing surface, two to five times daily, should keep the microclimate moist. In fact, some growers knock down the mycelium with a forcefull watering on the first day of initiation, others mist daily as a standard practice. However, once pinning has begun, any forcefull watering will kill a number of developing pins, and damage others......"

FORCEFULL WATERING is not the same as gently misting, ok?

and then on page 154:
"...Other than light misting, any substantial waterings before the button stage can result in damaged pins. But once the mushrooms have reached button size, it is time to begin building the casing moisture back up to the peak reached at pre pinnig. The aim is to reach capacity just prior to the main harvest. This is accomplished by a series of daily, light to moderate waterings with a fine misting nozzle..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527195 -

thts Very Very nice man.....

makes me want my syringes RIGHT now so i cant start it all up and away........

cheering



--------------------
[orange]"Lets fuck this kat"[/orange] -Elroy "tasmanian babes fiasco"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: CheshirePhat]
    #527758 -

hey thanks CheshirePhat, and Anno..
came home tonight and was pretty happy what I had when I came home.. :wink: its starting to look a bit like a jungle in there.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527768 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527780 -

How much lime did uyou use? Ive heard that the 50/50 tek was a little off causing probs for some, but obviously you were right on the dot. Great pictures by the way, im looking forward to trying out the 50/50 once I know the exact fourmula.....the guy says "2.4 cups per gallon of water", as if!!!!!!....isnt it a tablespoon?


--------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #527791 -

wow dude. you are doing great with those caseings. how many trays do you have all together...3? they look really healthy! good job dude. have you considered makeing some prints?


--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #528117 -

where can i get the tek to do this?? your style of growing seems to be working nice!!!
thanks for your help
quetzalcoatl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #528124 -

your grow looks great!
im new also. where did you get your grow sequence down from? was it one place or a cut and paste of a few.

thanks
quetzalcoatl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: quetzalcoatl]
    #528644 -

thanks quetzalcoatl,
basically, i did a LOT of reading before I started, both here on the shroomery message boards, as well as some online links I found to various teks. I for the most part stuck with the approach, simple is better. It's really not a lot of work. Now I just check them once or twice a day and pick when they are ready. :smile: I'm really happy how they are turning out though. So much better than my first attempt.

Here's a few more pics. I picked a bunch of them tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: quetzalcoatl]
    #528647 -

thanks quetzalcoatl,
basically, i did a LOT of reading before I started, both here on the shroomery message boards, as well as some online links I found to various teks. I for the most part stuck with the approach, simple is better. It's really not a lot of work. Now I just check them once or twice a day and pick when they are ready. :smile: I'm really happy how they are turning out though. So much better than my first attempt.

Here's a few more pics. I picked a bunch of them tonight.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #528656 -










Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: felix]
    #528668 -

felix,
thanks man! I have 5 casings in the terrarium right now. 4 new casings which were cased on 12/31 and 1 casing left over from my first attempt with 1 jar of colonized cambodian substrate on 12/18.

The cambo casing seemed to be doing ok, but not producing a lot of fruits. So i figured I try adding more substrate. So i included 3 fully colonized 1/2 pint jars of the peurto rican substrate in each of the new casings (above). Funny, i seem to be getting at LEAST double the amount of fruits per casing now.

and I'd LOVE to make you guys some prints, but, i don't really have the glove box or anything. yet.. ;(

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: Northernsoul]
    #528678 -

northernsoul,
i didn't use any lime in my casings. Just 50/50 verm/peatmoss.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #528799 -

...a little photoshop job i put together from one of my pics today...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 2nd Attempts at Casings [Re: FreakShow]
    #528802 -

Thats sweet....looks kinda Van Goghish

Nice fruits btw...


--------------------
IM A DRUG NERD

that made sence... right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* question about casing and substrate additives yogithehoneybear 1,958 3 01/29/02 01:48 PM
by dimitri211
* Casing my substrates confusedteen420 1,476 1 04/03/02 10:22 AM
by hispeed67
* 2nd from casing w/overlay how ? nishikkiknee 941 2 07/25/01 11:46 PM
by puscle
* Re: 2nd Attempt, loafs (pic)
( 1 2 all )
TripinBanana 5,011 23 05/21/01 01:35 AM
by TrippinRhino
* Re: 2nd attempt at casing(pics) footn1 1,384 4 03/27/01 05:43 PM
by ralphster44
* 2nd attempt is a bust Mmkay 1,532 9 07/30/02 06:56 PM
by Darkmoon
* waiting for 2nd flush,casing. sporechase13 1,533 2 07/25/01 11:59 AM
by MAIA
* Please help me with casing directions guys...... LearyfanS 1,737 14 11/06/01 04:45 PM
by Learyfan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
6,185 topic views. 12 members, 178 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.