Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Am I a candidate for meditation?
    #5143096 -

i have been very guilty about the evil and stupid things i have recently done and said- i have also been quite depressed. I have been very mentally conflicted (and sad) lately and was thinking about starting meditation. I was wondering if it was a good escape and can make people generally happier ... because I have already found out that drugs alone DO NOT get the job done. concidering i am a pot + nicotene addict would it be a good idea for me to be a little high and have a ciggarete before i meditate? also i was thinking about meditating with my father because we are both stressed out alot. is this a good idea?


--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (01/05/06 12:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143099 -

I think anyone's a candidate for meditation (though I should point out I've never dabbled myself) - but I would think you'd want to be stone cold sober.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143133 -

If you have been depressed for quite a while and you don't feel that you are going to pull out of it anytime soon and you also feel that your depression is not something that you can just snap out of, then I'd say try and get your doctor to prescribe you an SSRI medication. Iam on Sertraline and they do help.

Drugs work by masking the depression. If the reasons for your depression have not dissapeared when you finish your medication the depression will probably return. This is why people often say that drugs alone do not work. The idea is to try and resolve the causes of your depression while you are on them.

I'd advise seeking therapy as well if you are put on medication as the chances of the depression returning once you have stopped medication are much lower.


--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: cubeladd]
    #5143145 -

yeah but the cause of my depression is my horribly memories of the evil things i have done (me being not a generelly evil person) the only way to make me feel better would be memory erasing ... if that exists

none of my depressions is "masked" unless i get drunk , which as we all know can lead to alcholism. so i tend to stay away from the fire-water.


--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143154 -

Nuggetpouch said:
I was wondering if it was a good escape and can make people generally happier ... because I have already found out that drugs alone DO NOT get the job done.



And herein lies your problem. Looking for an escape won't fix anything. You have to find out what the core issues are and deal with them.

Stop using drugs(yes that includes those 20 packs of poles you smoke) for 2-3 weeks. Get your bearings straight. See what is holding you down/back and attack it with the fury of a nuclear warhead.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: daimyo]
    #5143175 -

i highly doubt going through ciggarete withdrawl and staying sober 24/7 will stop my mental-anguish. there is nothing holding back and there is no way to make up for the prick i have been.


--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143184 -

Withdraw may or may not help, but afterwards you will be back to reality, and that certainly will.

If there is no way to make up for what you have done, then have yourself locked up, or get over it. Beating yourself up over it isn't going to do anything. You have to find some acceptable form of atonment for your sins if they bother you so.


--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Edited by daimyo (01/05/06 01:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143188 -

Nuggetpouch said:
yeah but the cause of my depression is my horribly memories of the evil things i have done (me being not a generelly evil person) the only way to make me feel better would be memory erasing ... if that exists

none of my depressions is "masked" unless i get drunk , which as we all know can lead to alcholism. so i tend to stay away from the fire-water.



Iam no Doctor but from what you've just wrote I would strongly suggest going to see a therapist to offload your thoughts and get advice. If your bad memories are really affecting your depression then I'd suggest taking medication. Have you considered hypnotherapy? It might be expensive but I have heard good things from it.

Mind if I ask what these bad things you are feeling guilty about are?


--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143196 -

You are definitely a candidate for meditation. In a simple form, meditation is just going within and coming to peace with yourself, This way you can selectively work on your vices one at a time.. through sheer concentration and focus of will. If there is no way to make up for the prick you have been.. that means you should meditate on your 'prick' actions, and understand why they were wrong, and not repeat them in the future. Meditation is all about the NOW. It is simply self-concentration and self-regulation. If you control your thoughts you control your life. Don't be a prick, just be.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: daimyo]
    #5143197 -

I am not religous and I do not believe it possible to atone for your sins. Whats done is done. Even if someone became the pope that doesnt make up for what they have done. And I am still in reality dont get me wrong, im not taking acid or anything. just a bowl and a ciggarete here or there (of some low low quality herb) so if anything reality is quite painfully clear to me lately.

from what was said about meditation in the above post i am defintaley going to give it a shot.

i said and did some terrible things to the people i love.


--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (01/05/06 01:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143202 -

To 'atone for your sins'.. I'm not religious either.. but I'm pretty sure those "sins" are the mental anguish you are experiencing right now.. your own guilt, or whatever. You don't want to dwell on that. Face it.. yes.. deal with the issue.. and move on.. if you are going to beat yourself up over it than there's no point.

Ok you said some bad things to people you love. Easy fix. Apologize to them, sincerely. Be more aware of your actions, don't do it again. Easy fix.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Shroomism]
    #5143214 -

its deeper than that i mentally snapped i went crazy (i was sober) i tried to strangle my self in front of my family .. the sick thing is i didnt even want to die my inentions were different, maybe i am evil sometimes but i hate myself for it.


--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143221 -

I think its a matter of just attoning for your sins yourself, not through pain and suffering, but through bringing something meaningful to mankind. We've all done certain things we regret and wish we could re-live, but instead we just make an effort to do more good. At least I do

In a way I guess, being a good person and trying to do good deeds to people in spite of our disparities allows me to be at peace with myself.

and to the original question asked- yes you are

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Freeker]
    #5143227 -

No matter how badly you screw something up, as long as its still intact, it can be repaired

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143234 -

I've done some pretty fucked up things too. I'm relatively normal now. Evil is how evil you let yourself be. It's your choice. You can choose to do thing differently next time. It's all about learning from mistakes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Am I a candidate for meditation? [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #5143336 -

Meditation does indeed calm a conflicted mind, but don't think of it as an escape. Before you will reach tranquility, all the crap of your life will come up from your unconscious. You will have to work through that and it can be difficult at times, but once everything settles down happiness remains.

Don't use pot before meditating. It's difficult enough not to get caught up in ideas and daydreams and losing conscious attention while completely sober, on pot it will be much harder.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Meditation, do you? C20H25N3O 2,544 13 07/23/16 09:16 AM
by Midnight_Toker
* Hypnotherapy - WOW topdog82 227 5 06/04/17 04:33 PM
by topdog82
* Depression, myth thats called fact.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Psilocybeingzz 11,154 69 11/07/05 11:09 PM
by Phluck
* How do you meditate properly?
( 1 2 all )
Sketchy105 4,827 21 10/11/11 06:52 AM
by blewmeanie
* So I just won a hypnotherapy session... (UPDATE: Went to the session)
( 1 2 all )
Patlal 1,218 32 03/21/14 03:38 PM
by zZZz
* How do you learn to love yourself? How do you motivate yourself?
( 1 2 all )
ichugwindex 792 31 03/16/18 07:22 AM
by DoctorJ
* How can I calm my eyes when I want to meditate freddurgan 1,509 15 03/16/04 01:28 PM
by peleg
* Meditation posture
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 3,916 21 05/25/05 11:30 PM
by freddurgan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
713 topic views. 6 members, 16 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.