Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous Ratings
    #4975362 -

Anyone ever wonder what would be said about everyone if we included as a feature the ability to rate someone anonymously? Everyone would have to be warned to utilize their viewer discretion, of course, but I think it might be interesting.

I'd be like a third row of mushrooms, and you could say whatever you wanted with no record of who made the rating. :evil:

And perhaps also that no one could rate anyone without a certain number of posts so that they have time to find out what is going on with it before they get flamed terribly. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4975598 -

Meh.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4975615 -

Ratings used to be anonymous on here a couple of years ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4975673 -

Why anonymous? That just seems like a cowards way to go about it....If you got the balls to say something to someone (even negative), just say it under your name. Every rating I've ever left someone, I mean it, good or bad.

If you don't have the testicular fortitude to rate someone with them knowing it's you, you shouldn't be rating them.

If you rate someone bad, they should have the option to rate you back the same way. It's only fair.

Edited by srgtm1a (11/24/05 09:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4975683 -

srgtm1a said:
Why anonymous?  That just seems like a cowards way to go about it....If you got the balls to say something to someone (even negative), just say it under your name....Every rating I've ever left someone, I mean it, good or bad.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: FooMan]
    #4975784 -

Actually, I was interested in hearing what all of the anonymous users here thought of us. :lol:

I wasn't considering it as a means of saying things one wouldn't normally say if their name was associated with it, or because one doesn't have the fortitude to speak their mind on someone, but simply because it would be amusing to see what would be said.

It would exist as a humorous curiousity, not as some back-stabbing, cowardly way of saying degrading things about each other. :wink:

That said, I was simply high and had noticed that there are often times six times the amount of anonymous users as registered users. Implementing something like what I described would probably be needless clutter of the website, as if it was hosting an unregistered guestbook on each user. :nonono:

I personally have no problem with telling anyone to fuck off if I feel the need to. :evil:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4975792 -

RandalFlagg said:
Ratings used to be anonymous on here a couple of years ago.



I'm sure it evolved from that for a reason. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anonymous Ratings [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4975970 -

fireworks_god said:
It would exist as a humorous curiousity, not as some back-stabbing, cowardly way of saying degrading things about each other. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:



I'm sure it would be humorous, but you know that is exactly what it would turn into is a "back-stabbing, cowardly way of saying degrading things".

I wasn't around when the ratings were anonymous, but I'm sure it was changed to this method for a reason....and I wouldn't doubt that is the reason or at least part of the reason.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Rating System KingOftheThing 2,143 12 12/07/03 03:27 PM
by Senor_Doobie
* Rating System v. Thread
( 1 2 3 all )
Joshua 8,322 57 07/05/03 10:42 AM
by Anonymous
* what about a third rating option?
( 1 2 all )
ohmatic 4,486 30 04/20/05 04:54 AM
by Anno
* Idea: A new rating system
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Murex 9,727 62 06/01/03 07:08 PM
by blaze2
* ratings Anonymous 1,550 12 07/01/03 07:27 PM
by Anonymous
* Can't delete shroomery ratings and repost? Irishdrunk 1,859 18 05/23/05 10:13 PM
by Irishdrunk
* We should be able to rate ourselves. SneezingPenis 639 8 04/20/06 09:27 AM
by Psychoslut
* New Ratings - I just noticed a problem
( 1 2 3 all )
Strumpling 7,304 45 08/08/03 11:17 AM
by Papaver

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
828 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.