Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

WANTED: terrarium setups
    #494865 - 12/18/01 01:27 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all,
Ive been debating over good terrarium setups, and was wondering if you guys(and gals) could possibly list your terrarium components. As in the chamber it self, heating elements, humdifiers, and air control, etc.... Possibly a good place to buy all these things as well!
I will be using brf/verm cakes, so maybe some good tweaks to boost quality and quanity too.

Thanks !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: WANTED: terrarium setups [Re: angryshroom]
    #494874 - 12/18/01 01:34 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

get a under-the-bed clothesstorage container from walmart or somewhere. make sure it is about 1 foot high (so mushrooms can grow) and however wide and long you want. make sure the sides and bottom part are clear; my lid however is opaque white. now flip it over so the it sits on the lid. put 1/2" wet perlite in the lid. put your cakes on the perlite. open the lid every day or so and look at your cakes and all the air will be exchanged. as for heat i use a small room heater ($19.99 at sears). i also just read a great heating tek just about an hour ago where you get a small water pump and heater and heat water via an external reservoir (the example given was a milk jug and a more open top) and pump warm water thru a rubber hose around the interior of the terrarium to disperse heat. have not tried that but it sounds very promising and consistant.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WANTED: terrarium setups [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #494879 - 12/18/01 01:39 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hey beepo,
can you post the url to the post about the heated water being pumped in?

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #494898 - 12/18/01 01:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

well it doesnt give a detailed tek or anything but i can credit Ether Bunny for the idea. its not really a hard concept: heat water and use the keep it moving to constantly heat your terrarium. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=493286&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WANTED: terrarium setups [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #494927 - 12/18/01 02:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thats seems pretty interesting...Dont really understand how he did it, but I guess Id have to look at the pump and heater.

Anyone else like to reveal some good growing chamber teqniques? I'd love to start buying some stuff soon.

btw - - Where's the best place to buy the 1/2 pint glass jars?

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #494935 - 12/18/01 02:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've had an ongoing thread for almost 2 weeks.. I'm a newbie and have been posting a bunch of pics of my experiences..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Pictures&Number=480910&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WANTED: terrarium setups [Re: FreakShow]
    #494943 - 12/18/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Freakshow,
What are the launchpads made of? How do you incorporate them into your setup? Can you just stick your cakes right on that out of the jar? It looks like the myculium will grow over on it.

OfflineFreakShow
3n+hu$|@$+
    #494948 - 12/18/01 03:03 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

ok, the point of the launchpad is to get the cakes from sitting directly on top of the perlite. Perlite gets pretty damp and can cause some excessive water problems with cakes on occassion. Basically to make a launchpad, you just sterilize some damp vermiculite (microwave 3-4mins on HI), and make a little pad.. Allow it to cool down first (may take a long while for damp verm to cool down btw!!!) .. then take your cakes and place onto the pad. This should absorb some water so that the cake isn't sitting on a soggy bottom. And yes, the mcyel will most likely grow into the launchpad.

... i just decided to bag the launchpad idea and case them when the cakes started turning a little bit blue.. (roughly 8 days after i birthed the cakes). Someone mentioned I probably just didn't wait long enough for fruits to show up.. maybe you'll have better luck than I.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: WANTED: terrarium setups [Re: FreakShow]
    #495141 - 12/18/01 06:19 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Oh thats pretty sic,
OK so its just plain verm. I was just making sure. I like that idea though, looks like it will really spread the growing.

Casing does look like the better way to go of course.

So anyone else got some good setups that they could explain to me a little. Something that I could buy at the store or even make would be really great!!

Also, where is a good place to buy the 1/2 pint jars?!?!?

Any response would be great, thanks a lot! :)

Offlinebiggwigg
Loc: PA
    #495180 - 12/18/01 06:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i got my jars at walmart you can use pint jars too thats what i use and of course you know to get the wide mouth so you can get them out as far as my setup goes i have a plastic container (that i got at walmart) just get a big one that suits your needs. put damp perlite in botton. i bought a lakewood thermostat heater once again walmart then i set it so my temps would be set right in terr by the way this is in my closet so is the heater put heater on one side and contaner on other so its not hotter in one side of terr then i checked the temps on the top shelf 84-85 deg hot air rises and hangs in top of closet perf for colonizing jars and temp in terr is mid 70s im useing casings so i dont know what to tell you about the cakes i never had much luck with cakes i did it one time and got 4 mushrooms it just didnt do it for me like i said i only did it once who knows?
but i got everything at walmart except vermiculite but some walmarts do sell, this one didnt. i just went to a flower store and some lady was telling me how to start seeds lol. thought i was gonna grow weed little did she know (wink wink)

--------------------
I have only been wrong one time in my life.
thats when i thought i was wrong.
If its not a rave its not a party

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds