Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Experience report w/ kratom - water extractions are really, really benifical
    #4879752 -

Hi, long time kratom user, first time caller.

Actually, I've made a few kratom posts before, but today I got a chance to perform a water extraction by the traditional method of boiling the kratom in water for a bit, seperating kratom & liquid, adding more water to the original kratom, boiling for a while, combining both liquids, and then boiling down to a drinkable amount (you can get the method from Mr. Kratom.com, but I added a bit of lemon juice to help the process). For a long time, I've just been swallowing it whole and letting the digestive process do the extraction for me.

Well I hadn't gotten too great of results using the straight-forward method, and I figured it was just my tolerance. After doing the extraction though, I think this is really the way to go. It's a pain in the ass, as it took me over an hour to do, but it would be worth it to do a bunch at once. It's only been about a half-hour since first getting all the liquid down, but I can tell there is a huge difference. I haven't gotten this positive of results in a long time.

So what I'm wondering is, how is a water extraction more effective than just eating the leaves straight-up? I would think that the stomach would be able to process and break down the leaves, but I'm guessing this is due to human being's inability to digest cellulose? I'd really like to develop a better way to extract the results because it seems to take forever to boil it down, and I am very short on time usually. There is also the possibility of staining the pot from boiling it down so much.

I realize this is a topic which has been discussed before, but my main focus here is on why an extraction is so much more effective, not whether it is or not (because I just found out the nice way).


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Experience report w/ kratom - water extractions are really, really benifical [Re: Twirling]
    #4882339 -

My favorite method (after considerable experimentation)is to take a third of a pound of standard leaf, boil it in a 2-liter crock pot with a little lemon juice 3 times for about a hour each time, straining/squeezing out after each boil.

I end up with about a gallon and a half of liquid, which I reduce to about a quart. 3 to 4 ounces of this lays me back quite nicely, 1 and 1/2 ounce gives me energy for long walks. The autumn tree glow nicely!  :smile:

It seems to me that the standard leaf is the way to go, don't notice much difference between this, and the premium, besides the twice -as-much price.

Edited by CandyLand (11/02/05 12:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* HBWR extraction report #3 psilo 1,704 5 08/05/03 09:13 AM
by Lazerouth
* Does anyone have experience with Virola as a DMT source? Tantalus 1,396 5 09/12/03 12:12 AM
by felixhigh
* Kratom
( 1 2 all )
shaganoz 3,805 25 12/08/02 11:00 AM
by leafblowerz
* Yopo seeds greenhaze 3,577 15 03/08/04 07:31 PM
by rdnp2035
* bogus kratom market Xochitl 7,683 13 01/10/10 02:53 PM
by PoC
* Summary of Kratom Experiences Anonymous 1,596 2 03/09/04 10:14 PM
by Anonymous
* Salvia splendens: real experience psylo33o 7,475 11 09/24/02 10:54 PM
by reite
* San Pedro mescaline extraction/worthwhile? asdfghjkl 5,678 11 05/12/03 05:31 PM
by the spiral

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,039 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.