A little background. User: No prior kratom experience. In good health and mindset. Has used 'Mellow Gold' acetate with little effect other than slight energy boost.
Dosed .4g of water-extract for first time. Experienced nothing until +2h when a bowl of other herb was smoked, the kratom then felt subtle, but nothing overpowering. I described it as about as potent as yohimbe. Speedy buzz at first. Easy to get up and do things and interact socially. I experienced some itchiness at about +6h when trying to fall asleep. No dream or sleep interruption.
Days later, Smoked .1g of extract. No effect.
Smoked 1 bowl of plant material. No effect.
After a few days, enough to knock away any tolerance, I consumed my first 'strong' dose. Empty stomach after 3 day juice fast. 4g of the plant material with about .2g of extract. I just washed down the groudn plant material with water. Didn't mind it at all. Mood shift and color brightening at +5min. Surprised at potency. Strong itch but no nod potential, way too energizing. Very restless feeling, strong pineal buzz but couldn't really focus it anywhere unless I meditated. Smoked some herb and once again the effects strengthened quite a bit. I think I nodded off a few times, but the herb was also a strong indica. No trouble sleeping initially, but woke up about 3 hours later sweating and wide awake. Smoked a bowl and went to bed after some itching.
Tonight, 2 weeks after the last experience has been almost exactly like the prior experience, but this time it was in a more social setting with 2 people other than myself and usual trip-friend participating. Dosed 10 OOO gelcaps full which was 4.5g and 1 tbsp of *finely* ground plant material (about 4-6grams). All friends did ~4grams with similar effect. Played some night time sports and had a blast in general Lots of . Got some 'electric/neon vines' in my vision of different colors while outside in the moonlight. I'm at +5h now and still at the plateau, itching some with a definite pineal buzz. I have a feeling tonight's experience will plateau longer because of my higher dose.
Conclusion: Kratom is a great ally. It energizes you enough to enhance your creativity and then gently brings you down with no craving, but instead pleasant sedation. I feel a good afterglow the day after, just like a good trip. My usual trip-partner is a female and required only half of my doses for the same effect.
|