Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
HBWR extraction report #3
    #1774866 - 08/03/03 04:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, yesterday, exactly one week after my last try, i started my third journey with the extract mentioned here.

I took 8ml on an empty stomach, diluted in a glass of water. The color of the liquid was a bit yellowish. I thought it could not hurt to put some citric acid to my drink to ensure that all alkaloids were dissolved in the water. Interestingly, the color of the liquid changed from yellow to crystal clear water.

The drink tasted horribly, a bit fouly covered by the taste of the citric acid. I got some nausea, not that bad, but definitively noticable. So i drank two gulps of milk and nibbled some bread. The nausea went away and i started to feel the effects of the extract one hour after ingesting. 

I was peaking 2.5 hours after ingesting. A very very interesting feeling. It was in the night, everything was quite dark, only illuminated by the lights of the streets below me. (I was sitting at my patio. A nice place with a direct view over my city and a free sight to the sky).

The feeling was, well, how should i describe it, this flowery HBWR feeling, you know what i mean. Interestingly i got some visuals. And i never got any visuals before. The whole field of view was covered by a very vivid and colorful sort of snow, which seemed to me like flowers although it did not look like flowers.

Strangly my thought patterns were clear sharp. Mentally i was quite in a normal state. I mean, it would be possible for me to talk to another person and discuss complicated things. I once had a bad trip on HBWR where my thought patterns were really weird, it is amazing for me that this time i did not got that feeling. If you are interested, i posted the bad trip report here.

You should know, that normally when i am tripping, conversation is a thing that is not possible for me. Everything i am able to say is something like "Uhm, yes. Hmmm. Ok. Ahhm, maybe.". There are too many thoughts going on in my brain that my speach center is not able to put the things together. Thats why i either trip alone or with really good friends, and only with max two people at a time.

However, the peak was over about 3.5 hours after ingesting my drink. I was still tripping at a low, but constant level the next hours, but i became mentally very exhausted and tried to sleep at the four hour point. That was not possible, which i recognized the next three hours. Finally i took 20mg Diazepam and, god thanks for this med, i finally found my sleep.

Conclusion: I got some nausea, yes, but i am sure that the reason was this really bad taste of the liquid. It was like drinking some fouly water. If you ingest something that tastes really bad, the normal reaction of your body is nausea. Furthermore the nausea went away quite fast, so i am sure it was not the mystical chemical in the HBWR seeds that caused it.

The next point: the intensity of the trip. Yes, at the peak i was at a good level, but in no way it was in compliance to the amount of extracted seeds. I took 8ml, which is the equivalent to 16 seeds.

Again, it is only possible for me to guess again.
1) The seeds were of bad quality.
2) Many of the active alkaloids were lost in the extraction process.
3) Maybe 24 hours were not enough time to extract all chemicals out of the seeds.

My next try will most likely took a few weeks. I am thinking of taking either 12ml or even 16ml. I know i have to experiment with the (unextracted) seeds itself so that it is possible to determine the quality of the seeds. But i hate this nausea, and i will not start experimenting with the raw seeds until i finished my experiments with the extract.

I will keep you informed.    :smirk: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilo
Daytime Tripper

Loc: Germany
Re: HBWR extraction report #3 [Re: psilo]
    #1775310 - 08/03/03 01:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, i just noticed that this thread actually should go to the Other Drugs Discussion board.

However, now its here

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1775320 - 08/03/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Oops.. forgot to message you about that.

Onlineaobnoxious

Re: HBWR extraction report #3 [Re: neuro]
    #1781032 - 08/05/03 11:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Great report psilo . On thursday A good freind of mine will be drinking his extract that he prepared last week. The only difference is that he let the seeds soak for three days in the ethanol. He will be mixing approximently 3-5ml in a small amount of liquid and drinking on an empty stomache. If all goes well I will give you guys a report on his trip.

Onlineaobnoxious

Re: HBWR extraction report #3 [Re: aobnoxious]
    #1781039 - 08/05/03 11:03 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

psilo, did you also remove the outer layer of the seeds, or did you jsut grind them "as is" in the coffee grinder? My buddy left the seeds as is. Does anyone anticipate a problem with this?

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #1781063 - 08/05/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

good work my son.

5 shrimps for you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden