Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Southeast Wisconsin Amanita finds
    #4823819 -

V sorry for the bad webcam pic V

I found these on an island on the Fox River. I'm 100% sure they are Amanitas, and not the poisonous kind either. They are the yellow variety with the white flecks on top. I ate them last year with my friends. Not that great of an experience, but I figured I'd pick them again this year for the hell of it. I have no use for them, so I'm drying them out for whoever wants them. There are still more out there maturing, and probably more still popping up too. The largest caps in this picture are the size of my hands. Me and my friend walked by these at first, but when we were coming back we started finding them like crazy. I have the area pinpointed on this one island where they grow like crazy. It's the same place as last year. All you have to do is look carefully around this one grouping of trees on a part of the island that is only accesible by foot, after walking through a low marshy area. So it's a pretty elite hunting spot that no one else really knows about. Also, I know of a kid that supposedly has them growing all over the place in the woods behind his house.

I've been finding all sorts of interesting fungi here in Wisconsin this fall. Puffballs, fairy rings, shelf fungi, slime molds, etc. I've even found some poisonous Amanitas this year as well, although in much smaller numbers than the edible kind. I need to get a better camera to take pics of them all. I could find many pictures to share with you all. Soon, I plan to take a trip to Kettle Moraine state forest. I hear that is a good area to go hunting, and it isn't that far from where I live. I'll be sure to keep the hunting forum updated.


--------------------
:dragon:

Edited by WI_Shroomer_Skater (10/19/05 03:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Southeast Wisconsin Amanita finds [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4825659 -

woah woah, slow down there  :cool:

first of all, that picture is really blurry,
but they don't even look like Amanita's to me.

next, please do not eat any unidentified mushrooms.
it is extremely risky, especially when dealing with Amanita mushrooms.

"so I'm drying them out for whoever wants them."
woah woah woah, slow down..
please do not offer people unidentified mushrooms
not cool, not wise, not kind :smile:

if you can't name the exact species of mushroom you found, then you certainly shouldn't be eating them.

some species of Amanita are considered deadly poisonous

so don't toy with them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Southeast Wisconsin Amanita finds [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4825830 -

Hey want a game of ping-pong?


--------------------
[ www.shkart.com ] - experimental music society - www.insected.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Southeast Wisconsin Amanita finds [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4827784 -

Thanks for caring, but I'm 100% positive these are Amanita muscaria(var. formosa, I believe). In any case, these are EXACTLY the SAME ONES I found in the EXACT same spot as last year, and me and three other people ALREADY ATE without any ill effects. And I had quite a bit, so I'm pretty sure noone's gonna die. :rolleyes:

I mean, I understand why you would be concerned. Yeah, the pic is blurry as hell. Just looking at it myself, I would think the same thing...they don't look like Amanitas. THAT'S BECAUSE THE PIC IS SO DAMNED BLURRY! If I had a better camera, you wouldn't be disagreeing with me. :wink:

I would never give anything out or eat it myself if I was unsure about whether or not it was poisonous. That said...I'll toy with them all I like! :smile:


--------------------
:dragon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Amanita Find in West Central Florida ID please
( 1 2 all )
MagmaManiac 10,049 33 06/11/03 09:58 PM
by MagmaManiac
* new pics of my unidentified prpl-brwn spored LBM's
( 1 2 all )
doo 6,853 24 06/27/01 12:51 PM
by doo
* Stuntzii find? Split 1,888 14 11/15/01 02:36 PM
by Split
* Pics of today's find oO_wombat_Oo 2,420 16 04/15/03 08:41 AM
by mjshroomer
* cubensis in wisconsin? Alhazred 6,995 13 12/07/01 01:47 PM
by Gumby
* Re: DO SHROOMS GROW IN WISCONSIN? Anonymous 31,622 8 05/22/00 01:35 AM
by Anonymous
* amanitas in colorado? boomers 1-8 6,818 5 11/05/02 07:53 AM
by Bilge
* Wisconsin Hunting
( 1 2 all )
DiMiTriSouljah 8,610 21 04/20/05 08:01 AM
by MasonsChild

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,395 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.