Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTengu
journeyman
Nausea, health, shrooms... few questions
    #479305 - 12/04/01 10:26 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hio,

I have a few questions concerning shrooms.

1. I experienced some nasty nausea which made my trips really uncomfortable. Is there any way to reduce it? (ate nothing to big at least 12h before ingestion and didnt move around much after ingesting them) Perhaps extracting the important chemicals, or putting shrooms in gelcaps?

2. Concerning contaminations. Are there any contams which can easily be overseen? Is there somewhere a guide to different contams, where i can get info about them (like health risks, look, etc.)? Can i be sure that there is no contamination that will affect my health in a negative way, when the shrooms smell and taste allright and i cannot spot contams?

i hope you can help me... perhaps i am a bit too cautious, but better that then dead i thought :)

Thx, Tengu

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
Re: Nausea, health, shrooms... few questions [Re: Tengu]
    #479438 - 12/04/01 11:45 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I reduce any nausea I feel at the onset (which is rare) by smoking some pot.
Come to think of it, I smoke pot all the time, so I rarely ever feel nauseus.....

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #479441 - 12/04/01 11:46 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I can only answer your first question. Hopefully someone will get your second one.

I'd suggest you try taking a Drammamine when you eat the mushrooms. Mushroom proteine is naturally difficult to digest, and this causes some (a lot?) of people to feel sick. You've got the right idea with fasting beforehand. So try taking a single drammamine, it should help.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Post deleted by Anno [Re: Tengu]
    #479536 - 12/04/01 01:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineTengu
journeyman
Re: Nausea, health, shrooms... few questions [Re: ]
    #479576 - 12/04/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks guys!

I will try it and i hope it works. better i do both :)

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #479714 - 12/04/01 04:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Smoke weed definitly

And most contams are easily identifiable, usually the cake will be contaminated before the individual fruits so you can take appropriate action. Also if the shrooms aren't dried completly and left in airtight places they can grow mold.

I seriously doubt you have to worry about contams though. :-)

OfflineLizard

#479798 - 12/04/01 05:47 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Had the same problem a couple years back. After several years of off and on dosing, suddenly I start getting ill from them. Its not contams, it sure seems so but I tested this with the same batches after I found my silver bullet.

The silver bullet for me is grinding them well, packing into 00 caps, then spreading the dose out over an hour. You get 1/2 gram doses, so spead out your usual dose over an hour. My usual is 1.5 grams. Sometimes I make it in 45 mins.

Along the way, as Newt said, throw down a couple ginger root capsules (health food store). Ginger is proven to be a better motion sickness remedy that Dramamine and is all natural. dramamine has shitty side effects.

Give it a shot, you will like.

--------------------
Lizard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #480494 - 12/05/01 07:58 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Many people are unaware that a large part of digestion occurs in the mouth. Instead of the many smoothie type methods suggested on this board, ingest them the traditional way.

Try very s-l-o-w-l-y chewing the dried mushrooms. Do not swallow until the fungus is a paste.The saliva predigests the shooms making them much easier on the stomach.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Nausea, health, shrooms... few questions [Re: Swami]
    #480596 - 12/05/01 10:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Holding mushrooms in the mouth for longer also makes the trip come on faster (or so I've noticed).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineLizard

Re: Nausea, health, shrooms... few questions [Re: trendal]
    #481164 - 12/05/01 07:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I didnt notice any difference with shroom caps. I think the chewing only helps if eaten whole.

--------------------
Lizard

Edited by Lizard (12/05/01 07:10 PM)

OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
    #481344 - 12/05/01 09:24 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

mold is easily seen. as a rule the only color other than white a shroom cake should be is blue or a light orange. blue is bruising or starvation. bruises are usually focused in one place whle hunger is all over. ive never witnessed any blue mold on these. light orange if you overwater them to damn near death. on this case though its better safe than sorry. basiclly it blue or toss.

bacteria smells. think rotted fish. very distinctive.

to safly remove a cake covered in mold or in places resteralize it for half the time. this will kill most any fungus dead. remove as usual with gloves doublee bag it and your kool. toss the whiole jar on bacteria contams tho. thats abot as safe as can be.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules