Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWOmbdAbblER
enthusiast

Loc: IL
Re: What to do when having a bad trip
    #4779 - 03/07/01 03:44 AM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Find a gun and go driving.
If you don't have a gun just drive around.

If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

--------------------
If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: What to do when having a bad trip
    #268894 - 03/09/01 11:19 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

B Complex vitamins help, in megadoses, but as gnrm23 said, Niacinamide in particular (B3-Bingo!), except that I get a temporary skin reaction (rash, flush, itch, burn). Dim lighting, spacey, pleasant music (Dark Star is the classic Dead song), and here is a technique in psychic healing that works via the tripper's heightened suggestibility. I think it was suggested by Stephen Gaskin in the 60's, and it works. Ask permission to help. If granted, place the palm of your right hand on the person's forehead, and your left hand on the nape of the neck. You can both close your eyes and ask the tripper to feel negative energy move from their forehead to your left hand and out of their head. Never mind how/why, just do it. One might also employ a hypnotic technique either together (if they're not too confused) or separately. That is, breath with the person - synchronize your breathing (the breathing related posts here are good) by placing your hand on the middle of their back to feel their in-breath/out-breath. They will adjust to your less anxious speed and depth, and the breath alone will calm them down. If it's not just sensory overload, but they're having an existential crisis about death, meaninglessness, guilt, or anxiety, then giving the person a copy of "BE HERE NOW" is about the best thing I've discovered in 28 years of psychedelic experience. Open to the center brown pages. Mandalas, short Holy Scriptures from several traditions, and a focus on Infinite and Unbearable Compassion will bring one's consciousness up to new ecstatic heights from a formerly hellish state of consciousness. I promise.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
chill out barney
    #268928 - 03/10/01 01:22 AM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Wow.

I never thought of kava. I keep a few 10mg valium somewhere around here all the time. Just in case bad trips, bad hangovers, bad breath, migraine, toe stub, etc. Works great in mellowing out an intense acid trip.

Grape jelly will not disolve in hot tea.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kava Kava

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience