Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Loc: Rotterdam... The City of ...
I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms...
    #4713967 - 09/26/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ok then I want to try shrooms in a couple of weeks. I talked with my gf about it and asked if she wanted to try it with me. She completely disagreed blablabla :P

The problem is that I've had a depression about a year ago. I'm mostly over it but sometimes I still feel a little bit fucked. I'm afraid that the shrooms will bring up all that shit and make me go bad. That's not the biggest point cause my bro will be sitting me the whole time. The problem is that there's a good chance that I'll see things (or think about stuff) that will make me change a lot. I do want to change but I'm afraid for what changes I will make. My gf is afraid of it too... I mean we got a good relationship and stuff so we're both kinda scared on how this will end...

I don't want to sound like someone who doesn't want to try shrooms. I do, I want to explore myself and my feelings. I want to try to get feelings back or feel stuff that I haven't felt in a long time...

Any opinions on if I should try it or I shouldn't cause I had that depression...

Part 2 that I told to another friend:
I haven't been on any medicins or prozac simply cause I didn't want them... I only talked with my psychiatrist twice after I told him what a piece of shit he was  Really he sucked

After that with some help of friends I conquered most of it... Sometimes I still have some shitty days but I guess everyone has those days...

I don't want to use them for recreational use either... I agree with you! They are ment to explore yourself not just to have plain fun...

I mean my gf didn't really agree with it but she said if you wanna try it out go for it but be honest with me! She does let me free in my decicions and I'm happy with that

I haven't stopped smoking weed... I still use it almost every weekend just to chill and hang out with my bro at night... Have some funny conversations hehe...

I'll really keep your story in mind! It gives me confidence to continue on my search for more information untill I'll try it (hope in couple of weeks)

So my question is if I should go and try them. I'm pretty strong in my mental state so I think I should be able to cope with my probs easily :smile:

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: Brakkie]
    #4714143 - 09/26/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

"I haven't been on any medicins or prozac simply cause I didn't want them..."

well, without being a hypocrite I first have to mention that I took shrooms for the first time by myself, without much knowledge of what they actually did.. until after I tried them. And i have been err "studying" their effects for a little while now.

I have had both good and bad trips, but regardless of the emotions or states that you go through, you never really forget that its all a chemical process that you put upon yourself, not something to warrant any kind of panic.

If you have a watcher, thats good but dont expect to hold any converstaions if they are sober.

Just relax and decide for yourself what you should do, but I doubt mushrooms will drive you to do anything you wouldn't normally do, even if you have a history of depression.

besides.. isn't depression fucking natural? Without depression and sorrow, what is happiness?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: kotik]
    #4715115 - 09/26/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I would say do it. Pre-trip anxiety can be good thing; it will make you learn more about the mushrooms and take it slow. Try with smaller doses (1g-1,5g) and then build up from there if you decide to trip again for the second or third time.

You may learn a great deal about your depression, underlying causes of it and maybe even resolve or transcend it.  :mushroom2: Try to keep the experience internal with your eyes closed and some mellow music to go with it. This is the best way to approach the situation if you want to work on your underlying issues.

Good luck!  :thumbup:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: kotik]
    #4715120 - 09/26/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If you can keep from getting into depressed thoughts while on shrooms you should be fine. It is very important to be able to keep yourself grounded, stay calm and know how to gently stear your mind away from trouble spots. I find that although the intoxicating effect of shrooms can be euphoric at low doses and things flow smoother than while sober much of my shroom experience is just normal thoughts but then multiplied and twisted around. You know (or should if considering to take a mind altering drug) what is inside your head. For the most part shrooms will amplify it, not change it. If your mindset is stable or at least calm most of the time then you should be ok. If you can't keep from going into negative stuff while sober then shrooms would probobly be a bad idea because it will just multiply.

Also, if there is a time of day or place you feel more positive with it is a good idea to trip then and there (unless it be a public place). For me daytime keeps me feeling good so I would rather shroom in the day.

Alot of people are scared of trying shrooms because they don't understand what it is all about. It's not what people think, and unless you've tried them it is hard to understand. Once you have done them you know why not to be scared or anxious, but you will also see how they can be risky and dangerous if used improperly. Personally, I get less anxiety on shrooms than pot, but I have to be MUCH more careful with shrooms because if something does go wrong it can go wrong in a very bad way. Or it could go right in a very good way.

While shrooming your mood often changes very rapidly. If you know better than to get sucked up in an emotional flurry and can let it pass it really helps too.

Just remember, shrooms are nothing to fear, but they demand caution and respect. Don't be afraid, but don't be stupid either.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4717314 - 09/26/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

based on my experiences, acid has let me change my perspective on situations enough that it completely obliterated two major depressions at two distinct points in my life ...

on the other hand ... mushrooms have worsened the wounds that cannot be healed so quickly ... there is much value in their teachings, but i feel that they don't guide you along with a helping hand ... they tell it how it is, the honest and sometimes brutal truth ...

proceed with caution, they are something to be respected, without question

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: HB]
    #4718647 - 09/27/05 04:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thnx for all your reactions!

I do respect shrooms and I do know quit a lot of them. I've been reading about mind altering drugs for over a year now. I do feelmore positive during the night in my living room. The only problem is that I can't stay up all night without my parents noticing me. I can stay up till like 6 or something so I got time from 12 till 6. But still then we got another prob. My brother can't sit with me then... So I'll try them during the day at the lake with my bro AND cousin. They'll just be using pot so they can still watch me. My cousin won't be using that much pot and my brother neither. They'll stay as sober as possible so they can sit me.

I live in holland so it's not a big problem to trip during in a public place cause shrooms are legal down here.

I'll make sure thatI feel good the days before that by doing fun stuff. I'll just go out with friends hang out a lot and make some walks in the park so I can be as positive as I can be.

I know that you just gotta let it all come over you. Try and fight with the bad thoughts and try to be positive. I can deal with my bad thoughts and I know that I can always come over my depressive thoughts it ain't a huge problem forme anymore. I know thatit will change in a day or 2 so I just keep going!

Thnx a lot guys foryour reactions! :laugh:

Any advice on what kind of shrooms I should try for the first time? I might go for the Ph. Stones cause they can give you a filosofical trip...

--------------------
"This combines the good sides of every other drug with none of the bad. This is the ultimate luxury, the flawless wisdom-pleasure hit. More mellow and cozy than heroin, but you don't nod out. I feel more alive and wired and energetic than with speed, but not jangly. Its got the blast of cocaine, but it lasted ten times longer."

"Going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience is like going to the grave without ever having sex. That means you will die before even becoming an adolescent." -Terence Mckenna

OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
    #4719575 - 09/27/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I've dealth with depression for the past 5 years. It's been a big part of my life, but I haven't taken any medicine for it until recently.

About 2 years ago, I had a great trip. Absolutely wonderful. Bliss, harmony, the whole bit. After the trip, I noticed my depression much more. It seemed to trigger it, and make the effects more pronounced. This lasted for about 6 months.

I hadn't gotten over my depression, so I was in a different situation than you are. I've also taken mushrooms a number of other times while depressed and had nothing but good trips. In my opinion, you should go for it. It is an incredible experience that you can't pass up, just because of a little fear  :laugh:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: PoopShooter]
    #4719709 - 09/27/05 12:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

as far as types of shrooms go, the basic psilocybe cubensis will probably be your best bet ... philosopher's stone is just a name, they don't make you any more or less philosophical than other mushrooms ... but, that's not to say that the power of your preconception of the drug isn't enough to entirely influence the trip! Set and setting includes that factor ... Dr. Rick Strassman discusses this subject thoroughly in his book DMT: The Spirit Molecule ...

For example ... if you were told you were going to be a 'test subject in a clinical research study involving an intoxicating drug' as opposed to an 'active participant ingesting a beneficially therapeutic sacrament', your entire view of the experience with the exact same drug would be THAT much different ... and the experience itself would probably be based on that distinction too ...

i think that the lake is your best bet, sitting in your room alone with your parents across the hall will probably be paranoia-inducing ... beyond that, nature is beatiful, and most importantly, nature is NATURAL!

by exposing yourself to nature i feel you will get the most fulfilling, beautiful experience ... good luck

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: HB]
    #4724234 - 09/28/05 07:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I agree...

@Poopshooter: I wouldn't go trip when I was in a depression if you were me... I just wouldn't take the chance to go bad...

How was the 6 months after that great trip...? Were you like suicidal or what? Cause I'm a bit scared of that and so is my gf. I know that if I get suicidal there's a good chance that I can hurt myself...

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#4724442 - 09/28/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if you have issues with hurting yourself, you most definitely should not be taking mushrooms, at least unless you are with a truly experienced [professional] guide who can not only make sure you are fine but also lead you down the right path to self-improvement and ensure your physical safety ...

a truly bad trip is most definitely capable of bringing to surface very important, and sometimes terribly volatile issues ... this can cause a whole multitude of problems when not confronted or dealt with ... such as lasting and debilitating panic attacks or anxiety long after the trip effects have worn off ...

the simple thing about mushrooms, it seems, is that to 'have fun' on them, if that's your plan, it's more based on YOUR train of thought ... if you generally have a negative train of thought, expect your trip to magnify those feelings till the point of burst ... this is the very beneficial aspect of mushrooms which makes them so sacred, because the uncovering and superb contrast of issues is truly a helpful thing ... but often it is misinterpreted as a 'bad trip' and something to just sit through until it's over ...

this is wrong! not confronting the issue makes for unresolved feelings, the source of continuing anxiety from the trip ... fear is the greatest barrier to human growth, as it is said, and at no time is it truer when you are facing the power of mushrooms ... the truly strong-willed will look it in the eye, understand the motives and then address the situation so that the situation clears up ... the other 99% probably will just roll around on the floor and moan saying it's just a really bad trip ...

it is advisable to never rush into a mushroom trip ... that's a mistake i've made so many times that i've thrown my chances of being able to take them again out the window ... they taught me a lesson for disrespecting how i used them, and the lesson is that i can no longer use them, if i want to maintain my happiness and sanity ... i screwed up, not the mushrooms ... they only made it APPARENT to me that i fucked up ...

lots of words in this post scattered about, sorry ... but i think you get the idea ... mushrooms are to be respected before all else ...

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #4727890 - 09/28/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I would not recommend shrooms if you have or have had depression.

I've struggled with anxiety/ depression my whole life, and when i hit higher than level 2 trip all I could think about was suicide. And the day or two after tripping your seratonin levels are very low which will bring even more depression.

If you still want to test the water I recommend starting out with 1-1.5 grams and see how that does you, then you can go higher if you like it. I myself won't eat more than 1.5g anymore, cuz thats enough to give you a good body buzz and not throw your brain in a blender.

OfflineBrakkie
Myself
Re: I'm a little bit confused on if I should try shrooms... [Re: kronnyQ]
    #4729975 - 09/29/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmm lots of great posts that can really help me with ym decision! :smile:

I will deal with any bad issues that will come in a trip cause ?mo that'sthe only way to get through it and fix your problems. I don't really want shrooms to have fun that's not my main goal. I want to explore myself, explore where my depression is coming from, explore the way I feel about the world (which in normal state is pretty fucked) and see if it's really me thinking that way about the world or if it's just a stupid voice in my head and it's a part of the aftermath of the depression. I'll make sure that when I go have my first trip that I'm happy for a couple of weeks. No bad thoughts and really prepair myself for some serious thoughts. Watch my eating, eat lots of good stuff and vitamines and drink a lot of juice. Making sure that my body is strong and my mind is all set to work on all the issues that'll come (I hope) during the trip.

@KronnyQ: you on the other hand make me doubt about it, my depression wasn't as bad as a friend of mine who was even admitted to a hospital cause he seriously went nuts. He went walking down the street half naked with a knife in his hand telling everyone about this shitty world and that he wanted to kill himself and everyone around him... He was seriously fucked... He hasn't done any psychedelics or anything that brought him to that action. He was sick not high or anything...

I just had loads of problems at school and lots of shit in the family. I'm actually planning to go to Canada in about a year. I still live at my folks house but I wanna move out of here... The situation here is shit and that made me to what I'm today and how fucked I was about a year ago.

I'm at school now and lessons are about to start so I gotta go... I'll check it here in about an hour or 2 :wink:

Keep on Tripping you guys :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4730773 - 09/29/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I would suggest a lot of thinking about your future move in the time leading up to your trip.  That should put you in a pretty positive frame of mind!  Just start off low and take it from there.

Good vibes to you, Man! :thumbup:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag