Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzurepower
addict
Loc: Portland Oregon>
buying a pressure cooker any advice on a good one?
    #470336 - 11/26/01 06:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

i need to find a good pressure cooker that can do about 8 wide mouth 1/2 pint jars and has a gauge. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: buying a pressure cooker any advice on a good one? [Re: Azurepower]
    #470421 - 11/26/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

You might as well get something bigger than what you think you need because you may decide to do some bulk substrates. PC's are very usefull for many other reasons than besides this stuff as well. Find one that does not need a ruber seal. They are typically sturdier and better built and you won't have to replace that seal.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #470518 - 11/26/01 08:56 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Pressure cookers that require rubber gasquets are pieces of shit. I highly recommend purchasing an all american pressure cooker, which has a metal-to metal seal and never requires replacing a rubber gasquet. They're highly reliable and never need any sort of replacement. replacement gasquets are a fuckin rip off as well-about $10 for a piece of shit rubber piece that costs a few pennies to produce.
The all american pressure cooker will be expensive, but will pretty much last forever as long as you don't mistreat it.

OfflinePhake_ld
enthusiast
    #470840 - 11/27/01 02:07 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

hey, the web site mentioned at the bottom of this responce has a pressure cooker that will hold 14 quart sized jars, and about 28 1/2 pint sized jars. Just click on the link below and check out their cultivation supplies.

OfflineMklangelo
enthusiast
Loc: Continental United States
Re: buying a pressure cooker any advice on a good one? [Re: Phake_ld]
    #470934 - 11/27/01 07:01 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

The prices on that site for Pressure cookers are bullshit. WAY too high!!! A rubber seal will last you years. I have had a little 6 QT T-Fal PC for 3 years and the rubber seal is just fine today. Unless you intend to do a batch every day for 2 years you might have to come off $10.00 to buy a piece of rubber. My guess if your doing that kind of "sterlizing" You'll have 10 dollar bills falling out your ass anyhow!! Try this link. They do have other models also. Best prices I have found on the net.

http://www.pressurecooker-outlet.com/maitres22qt.htm

--------------------
[red] Life:[/red][blue] Live it foward, understand it backward...[/blue]

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
    #470943 - 11/27/01 07:55 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Wal-mart. Mirro 8 qt. $50.

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #470948 - 11/27/01 08:06 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

there are two kinds of people, the "You get what you pay for" people (who pay lots, to know they have the best), and the "Shit, it works!" people).

There's no right or wrong. As far as rubber seals go, I've had my pc for about 10 years. Same rubber seal. No problems.

Mine's stainless, and was twice the price of an aluminum one, but I'm a culinarian. . .. I WANTED the steel one.

You can get a mirro at wallmart for about 20 bucks.

If you plan on using it just for shrooms, it should last years and years.

An "All American" is probably the best money can buy. No rubber at all, and will last several lifetimes.

But ask yourself. . . . .are you a big time producer.. or do you just need a pressure cooker.

If I had it all to do over. . .and I needed the pc JUST for shrooms, I'd buy the cheapest one I could find.

just one guy's opinion. . . . ..

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
    #470949 - 11/27/01 08:08 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

there are two kinds of people, the "You get what you pay for" people (who pay lots, to know they have the best), and the "Fuck that, this'll work!" people

There's no right or wrong. As far as rubber seals go, I've had my pc for about 10 years. Same rubber seal. No problems.

Mine's stainless, and was twice the price of an aluminum one, but I'm a culinarian. . .. I WANTED the steel one.

You can get a mirro at wallmart for about 20 bucks.

If you plan on using it just for shrooms, it should last years and years.

An "All American" is probably the best money can buy. No rubber at all, and will last several lifetimes.

But ask yourself. . . . .are you a big time producer.. or do you just need a pressure cooker.

If I had it all to do over. . .and I needed the pc JUST for shrooms, I'd buy the cheapest one I could find.

just one guy's opinion. . . . ..

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Anonymous

#470988 - 11/27/01 09:51 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Pick one up at your local thrift shop for just a couple bucks.
Check the seal and make sure it has the jiggler on top. If not, use a shot glass.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#471056 - 11/27/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds