Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Aya Taste ???
    #3395912 - 11/22/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

is there anyway to make this stuff taste good or atleast tolerable i made some today and smelled it and cant imagine it tastes very good. So i was wondering about peoples experiences with this taste wise.

just for reference i used 8 grams mimosa hostilis and 3 grams syrian rue
ground up and extracted three time as explained in erowid recipe 1

so yeah i intend on taking it tommorow or wednesday night and was wondering if its possible to make it taste okay

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: phantasm]
    #3396227 - 11/22/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nope..

Its worth it..

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: Legoulash]
    #4667016 - 09/15/05 08:03 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Aya tastes ok. Part of the experience is the taste of the pure goodness. Most people dont have much respect for plant material or dont beleive respect is applicable to plants, but with a special sort of respect, you can like it, or grow to like it(not that aya is to be consumed very often).
Should a thing like that taste like candy, I think not.
Its like the taste is the beginning of the trip. You should know what your ingesting and any additives are going to prevent that part of the sublingual experience from being as interesting.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: stemmer]
    #4667047 - 09/15/05 08:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

We've all heard this stuff about learning to enjoy the taste of completely nasty tasting substances so as to be able to consume a psychedelic. Well, my personal and beloved opinion is that if you can make it taste better, do it.

I'm pretty sure Aya is not something that can be made to taste better, but you could try things to bypass the taste. Perhaps dry it out and encapsulate it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4667101 - 09/15/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Drying it out is a streight shot to fucking everything up and ruining the brew, ayahuasca is a brew not and not something you should make into an easy fix. Thats worse than makeing the brew taste better.
Kids and their pills will always make me laugh.
No offense, thats just a terrible suggestion. dont mean to cause drama either.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4667112 - 09/15/05 08:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Kids and their pills will always make me laugh.

I wish

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineKidgardFromSRQ
Strange

#4667257 - 09/15/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

smoke a few joints, get really high, that way when you drink it it'll lessen your gag reflex

--------------------
Be nice to people in general. Even if you don't like them.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #4667398 - 09/15/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly when does this anti-nausea effect happen with weed. I know that this is one of the major functions that most medical marijuana supporters speak of, but the taste of weed makes me gag. The last time I took a toke I puked about 2 seconds later. I have a hard time smoking it, but I like the effects.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4667757 - 09/15/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Is it weed that is as shitty as it sounds. Or are you just sensitive

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4667771 - 09/15/05 10:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The anti-nausea effect happens wmostly once the cognative effects set in

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#4668069 - 09/15/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Drying it out is a streight shot to fucking everything up and ruining the brew, ayahuasca is a brew not and not something you should make into an easy fix. Thats worse than makeing the brew taste better.

I disagree.

Try anything that will help you get the most rewarding experience out of aya and analogues. Mimosa tea is by far the most disgusting, bitter tasting liquid I have ever tasted. Extracted hcl, filtered heavily, decanted, evapourated, reconstituted and drank is so much better in my opinion. Ditch the nasty taste, and along with it the possibilty of vomitting your brew before it has a chance to set in, and ditch the nausea, which can make relaxing and opening up to the experience much easier.

Try it, but be careful.

--------------------
µgrammar

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: UlcerPentacidis]
    #4668267 - 09/16/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, use rue next time before capsulizing the sacred plants.
Most of all, eat something that wont interfere in some way.
The whole thing seems silly when you should just be useing the traditional methods (Caapi and viridis). Screw the root bark if you dislike it so much.
Better yet, use rue and viridis. You wont puke. "Eating" the seeds over a period of time prolongs the experience and allows for more consumption later, and viridis is bitter but has a neat and tolerable taste.
The secret is that it doesnt have to be called La Purga

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4668591 - 09/16/05 02:31 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dood u can make anything taste ok if u just dump a bunch of sugar in it. Hey it takes like a coca cola.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineUlcerPentacidis
psilophile

#4669075 - 09/16/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Sorry, use rue next time before capsulizing the sacred plants.
Most of all, eat something that wont interfere in some way.
The whole thing seems silly when you should just be useing the traditional methods (Caapi and viridis). Screw the root bark if you dislike it so much.
Better yet, use rue and viridis. You wont puke. "Eating" the seeds over a period of time prolongs the experience and allows for more consumption later, and viridis is bitter but has a neat and tolerable taste.
The secret is that it doesnt have to be called La Purga

So who says I should be using traditional methods?

Also, who eats the whole seeds? This advice will just get a whole lot of people tremendously sick, and probably nowhere near proper maoi inhibition due to premature vomitting. Seriously, I have to wonder if you have ever dealt with rue doling out reccomendations like that.

I have no problem with traditional preps, and have used them on several occasions before, but I do think non traditional analogue preps are, albeit experentially different, equally effective and interesting.

--------------------
µgrammar

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#4670837 - 09/16/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Is it weed that is as shitty as it sounds. Or are you just sensitive

I think that my last experience with puking from weed was extremely intensified by the quality of the weed in question, but, I have done a fair bit of gagging on some of Amsterdams finest. It's the taste that gets me.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4671204 - 09/16/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

neither syrian rue seeds nor mimosa hostilis root bark are traditional ingredients in ayauhuasca...
try caapi vine & chaliponga (or chakruna) for something closer to original recipe...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: gnrm23]
    #4673589 - 09/17/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
neither syrian rue seeds nor mimosa hostilis root bark are traditional ingredients in ayauhuasca...
try caapi vine & chaliponga (or chakruna) for something closer to original recipe...

Although, they certainly are easily obtainable reliable substitutes.

--------------------

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #4673661 - 09/17/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just held my breath while drinking it.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineNotEnlightened
Stranger
Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4674149 - 09/17/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Syrian Rue is most likely your problem, that stuff makes me natious just looking at it now. Since your using that in place of the vine that the brew is actually named after, it seems like that would be the first thing to change.

Edited by NotEnlightened (09/17/05 01:19 PM)

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Aya Taste ??? [Re: NotEnlightened]
    #4674538 - 09/17/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Boy people really dont believe anything anyone else says when it comes to this.
Firstly, anyone who mixes this stuff with coke does not understand the possible consiquences of doing so, the same applies to suger. This is more of an issue than rue VS caapi.
I think people just like to be disagreable.
Its true, Rue can be eaten whole(you must chew thouroughly, just dont chew the enamle off your teeth), this without the slightest hint of nausia and it lasts far longer due to digestive circumstances,--no added water. For most people, if you fast, or only consume the right foods, it just aint a problem. If you dont believe me, then what is also true is that you likely have a really shitty long-term diet and thus cannot possibly believe me.
Secondly, caapi takes far more plant weight, is also far more nausiating. Thats why people always use concentrated tea with caapi, not that tea doesnt work with rue also.
Also, unlike caapi, rue is somewhat toxic aside from the harmala, so some may have unforseen reactions to it, although it is smoother than caapi for most.
Also, eating rue is not the traditional method but it is much like it when you use viridis tea--(adding water later).
Lastly, Putting these things in pills is indeed unique, and would not be recomended by me or any shaman.
Using the pill form would have to be well premised if you wanted to suggest the method(not to metion knowing all you must know+how fast your stomach breaks down the pills). Its alot of trouble to go through. You dont experience you body as with any other form of aya(for example, youll either get nausiated, throw up, or your a person who wont). Thats the first thing you learn about ayahuasca and how to enjoy it more/ take more next time. Most people do vomit useing the traditional methods. My rue chewing is one way to avoid it whilst still retaining the traditions. I also dont know what that guy meant who said pills are a good way to avoid nausia unless you want to make an extract of dmt plant and put it in the capsules+ gringing up rue and capsuling them. Eating viridis PLANT in pill form(no extraction) is definately pushing the envelope

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds