Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
Ps.semilanceata...
    #465998 - 11/21/01 08:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, I know nobody here really cares, but for the first time in my life I was successful in hunting for mushrooms. Last sunday, even though it hadt rained in a few days, I decided to look around in my horse pasture. I picked several mushrooms which I quickly determined not to be what I was looking for. I kept picking and soon enough picked a mushroom that had very intense bluing at the base. I was ecstatic, I finally foound a psychadelic mushroom in the wild, if only one. I identified it in about 1.5 seconds as being Ps. semilanceata. I live in oregon city, and really didnt expect to find semis, I was looking for other mushrooms, but hey Im happy.

I took that mushroom, and the only two others that were near it in the house and attempted to take a picture, but it didnt go over well. I went back into the pasture with a small tupperware container and about 1 1/2 hours later had found about 30 semis, and a few other species which I am quite certain were psilocybes (had a pellicle, purple-black colored spore prints, and the general shaped cap of a psilocybe, and a hollow stem.)

I think one of the species was active, and im not sure about the other(s). We'll be geting a 3.1 megapixel digi here soon so I wont have the problem of no pick to show you to make you interested.

Im just so excited to find several psilocybe species in my own yard. I will surely be out this weekend to find more after it has rained, and will report (with pictures) at that time. Its weird how after the first couple of mushrooms, I was able to find them constntly with no problem, as if I knew where they would be hiding. I have a bit of an eye for them even after only that one day.

In the end, I threw away most of the mushrooms because of bugs (i think spring-tails). They had sat in the field for like 5 days before I found them so the bugs had plenty of time to get in them.

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Ps.semilanceata... [Re: pyromaniac]
    #466033 - 11/21/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Congrats man!

Good Hunting!!

DH

Edited by DethHed (11/21/01 09:02 PM)

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #466046 - 11/21/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

nice.

OfflineSplit
enthusiast

#466394 - 11/22/01 04:41 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Your one your way now ole chap, soon you'll be rooting around koh samui with mj. ;)

--------------------
[green]"You'll accomplish more if you start now"[/green]
[red]-Egghead[/red]
[green]TeRzMaStA[/green] is the man.

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #466634 - 11/22/01 01:21 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Man, that's so great!!! I had the same experience!! I went hunting amanitas in the forests and I found plenty of them! This is not all of it! I was looking at all the species and one seem to be a cyanescens, but it was bigger. I looked at it and saw no bluing so I said what the hell...it's not good. 2 days later looking at a post named Psylocibe stunzii i found out that they were exactly the exact specie I found 2 days before!!!! Imagine that! Take care and have a good mushroom hunting!!!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags