Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
I started this hobby 8 months ago and I still don?t have anything to show for it. I?m still trying though. I have a few questions. I got my eq from Ralph a month ago. I inoculated 12 quart jars in total. 3 of them were filled with %4 malt solution. 9 of them were filled with %80 millet %20 earth worm castings. After one week I inoculated 36 more jars with the living malt solution. After three weeks the 9 quart jars and 36 quart jars are completely colonized with no contamination. None of the jars are tapered so I can?t dump out the solid chunk of mycelium. I can still shake them though.
1. The first 9 jars were started from spores. Must I case them separately. Should I remove the spawn from the jars to other containers? Can I case them without taking them out of the jars?
2. The second 36 jars were inoculated from living malt solution. Must I case them separately. Should I remove the spawn from the jars to other containers? Can I case them without taking them out of the jars?
3. Would it be better if I emptied the contents of each jar into its own form?
4. Is the liquid malt solution compatable? Do the 36 jars have the same type of mycelium growing in them or are they all different? Can I mix them together?
5. Just got a couple bales of straw. I sure would like to inoculate it with the 36 jars that were started from the liquid culture. Is 10-20 percent a good spawn to straw ratio?
6. I have six translucent Rubbermaid storage bins
7. What do you think? Please offer any teks you think would help me out.
started this hobby 8 months ago and I still don?t have anything to show for it.
dam, your doin some advanced stuff maybe thats why you dont have anything to show for it. but you said you have 45 jars with no contams so you must be doing something right. as long as all the jars are fo the same strain you can mix them all together if you want. thats all i can contribute....
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, bodhisatta 394 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]