Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
White EQ's ?
    #912478 - 09/27/02 04:29 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

In a trade I got an EQ print. Did a tray of them, thinking to freshen the bloodline from the ones I already have.

Innoc'ed 4 quarts of red/white millet. Jars colonized quick & healthy - w/good rizo.

Spawned a tray of dung/straw/compost. It colonized well. Cased & waited. Myc broke out in a fairly even spread on the surface & knots appeared.

Then, rather than the knots forming normal pins. The knots just seemed to grow out & stay white. Some abort's -- and some with weird misshapen heads & those that started to grow -- are WHITE & weird.

Same time & under the same circumstance, in the tray next to this one are some of my old stock EQ's. They are growing gold, healthy & normal. So, it is not the air exchange or RH.

WTF is this? White & kinky EQ's?

I will try to get a pic & post -- later.

6T

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: White EQ's ? [Re: SixTango]
    #912817 - 09/27/02 06:33 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have seen several white flushes of EQs lately, they always were either nonviable spore producers or produced spores with weak mycelia.I have heard albinos have "sexual dysfunction" :blush: but have not yet had any to work on so can't say for sure.It seems though from your description that these have some dysfunction in pinning and probably yeild also because of it? How is the potency?Some times,if we're very lucky,and the shroom spirit shines on you because you were a good little shroomer,the gorpy growers are blessed in other areas.A group of golden teachers taught me this.They almost refused to pin and the fruit that did form was misshapen and deformed and only about a tenth of the yeild of the teachers in the pan next.But those 22screwy looking shrooms were some of the most potent I've ever had :grin: The mycelium was weak and did not survive transfering into a larger container,So what ever mutation they had I lost(I kick myself but life intrudes and things happen) :crazy: It sure sounds like the strain you had is better than the one you got.Let us hear how the potency is OK? Around here there is a field that has P semillanceata that are white and they ARE POTENT lil bastards,about 2-3x the  Libs from surrounding feilds and a cleaner feeling also from them(An expert IDed them cause we thought we'd found Pan cyan,but they are just an albino Lib)Peace WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #912836 - 09/27/02 06:38 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Viurs? Genetic Damage? The much hyped mail irradiation? I'd guess either virus, or genetic damage.

Hey six, PM or EM me. I've tried to get you a couple of times lately.....

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
    #912960 - 09/27/02 07:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

just curious:
what is "red millet"?

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: White EQ's ? [Re: aural]
    #913502 - 09/27/02 11:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Apples come in red, green & yellow. Millet comes in white, yellow & red. "Red" millet is a type of -- millet-- about BB size, that is a rusty red color. Use Google and search ~~Red Millet~~.

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlineaural
Hola Amigos!
Loc: The Desert In The Spring
    #914482 - 09/28/02 11:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I know millet as human food,and eat it pretty often,but in many years of both shopping and working at natural foods stores,had never come across the red kind.
So naturally I was curious

Google leads me to believe it is usually used as birdseed.
Have you ever eaten it yourself?Or is it red cause of a tough husk or something?

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: White EQ's ? [Re: mycofile]
    #916653 - 09/29/02 12:44 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen albino EQ's ,Libs,florida cubes,and one group of white cyanescens.All seemed to be inferior in some important way(pinning,vitality,or fertility) quite often these traits appear in plant with some viral influence(witness the "sport" tulips which were of such value due to a viral expression).I have yet to get a hold of any of the albino strains(other than taste testing and no stand outs except the white libs which grow local which are way strong)to work with them.It would be interesting to try to induce dikaryosis between a known albino and a "normal" shroom of the same variety.Perhaps the genetics of this phenomenon would be more easily understood from a hybrid stance.
At any rate I have heard of more" albino" flushes in the last year than ever,Rumor has it (and I am waiting to see) of P mexicana albinos that rarely fruit but produce snow white sclerotia that look just like supersized Oregon white truffles.I guess some are reaching tennis ball size in the larger beds!I am trying to get one of these trippy tennis balls to photo,I have NEVER seen anything like them.But as we all experiment in isolated little lablets new developments are likely due to the isolation itself.Who knows what the next 10 yrs will bring as far as strains and teks :wink: peace WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology