Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

rumors of a new law
    #4607847 - 09/01/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

at earths tounge.com, their website, i saw a short description of something about legislature in action to stop the legal selling of mushroom spores in the near future. can anyone comment on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: Ogla]
    #4607967 - 09/01/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I hope not, though I was wondering recently myself if the Government in the UK would do this as they have recently outlawed fresh mushrooms and mycelium-ready grow kits. Are you talking about the UK or US legislature here? I'd be interested to see a link on this if you still know it.

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4607980 - 09/01/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well, if that is true, that would totally suck, but I have plenty to last me a lifetime. heheh if they do, the marketplace will be a very busy place right b4 they pass it. Some states already do have expressed laws writen just for that that make it illegal, so, it wouldn't surprise me.

OfflineSillypcybin
Stranger
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: cubeladd]
    #4607981 - 09/01/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

It may be possible for the government to stop outright selling of spores. I think the only thing keepin them legal was that they did not contain any hallucinogenic substances in them.

But even if they do outlaw the selling of spores, do you really think that will curb the supply of spores out there for buyers/traders? Think marijuana seeds here

Offlineswiftrance
Let there be light

Re: rumors of a new law [Re: Sillypcybin]
    #4608105 - 09/01/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

ugh... anyone else get real down about hearing how the govt wants to control more of your freedom?

--------------------

Offlineatomheartmother
MotivationalSpeaker

Re: rumors of a new law [Re: swiftrance]
    #4608203 - 09/01/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

from my understanding before i even started my new hobby i did the research regarding laws in my state, my spore seller's state and then federal law, everything i ran accross confirmed they have been and still are trying to make it a law. More and more states have already made it a felony to buy spores, i forget the list of states, if you really care i'll look it back up. But this is really nothing new, it's been going on for about 10 years now. The war against drugs is now more focused on pot, ironically, then any other drug. Eventually i forsee the hault to our joy. Sadly my spore seller has moved to Canada, but luckly, we have the ability to stock up on prints and continue to rock on!

--------------------
"When you die you're going to mushroom purgatory where the fungus will torment you for not taking better care of them. You will be eternally haunted by fungal nightmares."

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4608210 - 09/01/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

well I went to e.t, but I couldn,t see anything about it?

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: rod]
    #4608240 - 09/01/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

do you really think by outlawing any substance (drugs or spores)  will stop people that really want it?  i think not... let the govt do what they want... we'll keep doing what we want :smirk:

:finger:the govt

--------------------

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

Re: rumors of a new law [Re: theBRINK]
    #4608256 - 09/01/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theBRINK said:
do you really think by outlawing any substance (drugs or spores)  will stop people that really want it?  i think not... let the govt do what they want... we'll keep doing what we want :smirk:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:  :stoned:

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4608315 - 09/01/05 01:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

All this means to me is I need to start making loads of prints for myself, I will be able to reproduce for ever and if for some reason I run out that means I need to find a wild strain iso it and cultivate they will never stop me!!!
MuaaaHahahahahahahahaha

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

OfflinetheBRINK
horse on moon
 User Gallery

Loc: the moon
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: djsage420]
    #4608329 - 09/01/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

and there will always be a market place here at the shroomery!

--------------------

OfflineString_Theory
Piece of theUniverse

Loc: The Bottom
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: theBRINK]
    #4608334 - 09/01/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theBRINK said:

Uh-oh, you just made big brother's list!

Offlineaustio_ferocious
Amateurmycologist

Loc: a place I call my cave.
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: TrippingDuality]
    #4608349 - 09/01/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why do they try to make something illegal, when it grows out in the woods, or in a field? I have been wanting to propegate the local wild with various species of plants and fungi. Not that some stuff doesn't grow there anyway... lol. Most of the herbs and plants that have any healthful or any other type of benefit are being outlawed.

--------------------
ARAO corp. new non-profit org. seeking startup assistance to help disaster victims, homeless, and others in need. We are in need of; Volunteer assistance- CPA & Legal services. Donations- food, clothing, office supplies/electronics, land/structures (any where on the planet), cash for same, ect. PM me for details.
IF YOU DON'T DONATE HERE, PLEASE DO IT SOMEWHERE!!!

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: austio_ferocious]
    #4608651 - 09/01/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

austio_ferocious said:
Why do they try to make something illegal, when it grows out in the woods, or in a field? I have been wanting to propegate the local wild with various species of plants and fungi. Not that some stuff doesn't grow there anyway... lol. Most of the herbs and plants that have any healthful or any other type of benefit are being outlawed.

Well I can tell you exactly why.  The goverment says it is ok for you to use some drugs.  It is ok for you to smoke cigs and drink alcohol. 

What they don't like, is when you do those bad drugs.  Those bad, non-taxible, drugs.  You want to stay away from those....those are bad :smirk:

If you can find them in a forest, or grow them yourself....no profit for them.  And if they aren't getting paid, you cannot posses or grow any of it.

That's why.

Edited by srgtm1a (09/02/05 08:38 AM)

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: srgtm1a]
    #4608861 - 09/01/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

indeed.  i always thought it fucked up for people, who've evolved on this planet, to look down at a mushroom or cannibus plant that has grown for probably longer than they have as a species and be like. "no....bad!  stop it, that's illegal." 
this could just be a bonding experience.  we should all start a huge spore ring and just send each other spores and stuff.  free shrooms for life!!!!  ummm....i second the  :finger:the govt.  i think that makes it a law now.

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

InvisibleFreedomFight
Strange

Re: rumors of a new law [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #4610715 - 09/01/05 10:32 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh those silly government guys...

--------------------
I do not grow anything illegal.
I do not sell anything.
I am, however, a very curious individual.
I also try to be helpful.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: FreedomFight]
    #4611271 - 09/02/05 01:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think there has been any activity moving toward a federal law on spores. That being said if it did happen don't count on the marketplace here at the shroomery. That would be hella illegal! We don't let people set up drug deals, so I doubt we would be able to facilitate in spore sales either.

But I wouldn't worry too much. There are contingency plans for this sort of thing. If the law came into being, there might just be a decentralized network of growers willing to give anybody a free print of whatever strain they wanted....maybe, but what do I know?

I wouldn't worry too much about a spore ban. It might suck, and people would probably have to make their own syringes, but all the strains currently available have been stored by enough people, that we wouldn't lose anything but convenience...

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: mycofile]
    #4611361 - 09/02/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

exactly bro!~

if spores were outlawed in the USA...the only major change would be that Vendors wouldn't be selling them from inside the USA.
might be the end of buying spore syringes...but then newbies will have to make their own spore syringes from prints.
and its really not that hard to make your own syringes...if you follow the directions. :smile:

I'm sure the FSR's and countless numbers of growers would be still be spreading spores around...in spore print form.

It's like the California, Georgia and Idaho laws that are already in effect.
It's illegal to send spores to those 3 states...but people in those States  still get spores sent to them.
They just have to look around a little harder to find someone willing to send them.

:smile:

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: Roadkill]
    #4611558 - 09/02/05 03:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I couldnt find anything on earths tounge about it. I didnt spend too long there though. Seems like a good rumour for a vendor to start who wants quick sales, they may have seen the big rush in the UK!
Are cannabis seeds illegal in the US? people still get them either way.
Fortunately shrooms are legal where I am, I can go in a shop and buy them, (no place sells spores here though!, I could just clone)
Otherwise it is the short flight over to amsterdam, oh the things I must do...

But I think they will always be available, there are a few free spore rings now, the eurpoean/dutch one can legally grow and produce spores. It is in everybodys interest to spread their spores to as many people as possible.

Offlinessjwizard
Stranger
Re: rumors of a new law [Re: blackout]
    #4611631 - 09/02/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

if laws are passed it will not stop anything. does the fact that growing shrooms is illegal stop you from doing it... no in the least or you wouldnt be here. cannabis has ben illegal since the 30's no big deal anyone in the us can have seeds in a week of over a hunderd diffrent varietys. as for not being a market place here well then the shroomery will cease to exist and one of the spore vendors will open there own forums similar to what heavens stariway has done for years. if its illegal here get a server someplace else. if you have the proper disclamers you can do just about anydamn thing you want on the internet. i personaly trade live cannabis plants over the internet regularly. spores are much less finicky and a hell of alot easier to disguise. so in short making it illegal will do exactly this it will force any sites that are using us based internet severers to move to foreign servers loosing money for the us economy. it will reqire repackaging(doubtfull alteast for prints) and everything else will remain exactly the same.

ssjwizard standing in this evening saying peace and stay safe but dont forget to scream F*ck the DEA!.

--------------------
All statments, Imagery, and Ideas contained therin any postings are meerly retold sotrys of fictional acts created by a figmant of the universe imagination.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag