Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast?
    #4577827 -

My 3 cakes are finally pinning, I checked my humidity and its at 80%.. this is too low.. I am using Poor mans pod (using wet perlite instead of georock) .. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25056

how can I get the humidity up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast? [Re: apolix320]
    #4578101 -

anyone?? please

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast? [Re: apolix320]
    #4578108 -

Get a humidifier....do some frequent but light mistings..spray perlite and raise temp 1 degree

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast? [Re: azurescens]
    #4578120 -

azurescens said:
Get a humidifier....do some frequent but light mistings..spray perlite and raise temp 1 degree



excactly.

also, make sure you don't have any open gaps in the lid, or your holes aren't too big. I only used two ? holes in the very top. That's it.

Are you sure your gauge is a good one? Many of them suck and won't go very high.

Edited by CLUTCH (08/25/05 08:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast? [Re: azurescens]
    #4578124 -

I agree hand mist also. Don't let the perlite get saturated in other words never let the water get more than half the depth of the perlite. GL


--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cakes pinning, lots of aborts.. how can I get humidity up, fast? [Re: hyphae]
    #4578245 -

I put my PMP in the bathroom with the shower on full blast on hot and it got humidity up fast. I havent had a humidity problem since. I have a grow light on a 12/12 that is about 24" above my PMP.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: My cakes......PINS!??!?! Anonymous 4,402 3 01/03/00 11:36 PM
by Thunderfuck
* Re: Cakes, pinning in jar but when birthed no shrooms... toad 3,284 2 02/15/00 04:53 AM
by Anonymous
* Need Humidity Fast!!!! Anonymous 574 1 06/21/01 06:40 PM
by jonnyshaggs420
* Re: Are my cakes pinning? or is it something else? Anonymous 2,596 3 01/13/00 01:43 AM
by Anonymous
* cobweb on cakes? pinning? help please!!! gaastra 2,055 3 10/23/01 07:54 PM
by kingkc
* cakes are drying out to fast ?? GaHippy 1,343 4 02/25/02 01:22 PM
by BeppoMarx
* will partial cakes pin? SoulJah 1,303 1 11/16/01 08:56 AM
by SoulJah
* large pin set, many aborts on coco fiber yogithehoneybear 1,858 1 03/18/02 10:48 AM
by angryshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
771 topic views. 28 members, 130 guests and 228 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 16 queries.