Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Garden variety mushrooms
    #4572965 - 08/23/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Im looking for a mushroom that I can spawn in my garden next year. I garden 100% organic. I use horse manure compost, and leaf litter compost. Allot of the times my hmc has allot of wheat straw in it too. Anyways what is the best edible for me to make spawn jars with? I live in plant hardiness zone 5a.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

Re: Garden variety mushrooms [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4572986 - 08/23/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

are you mulching with anything? i suggest growing mushrooms in mulch, either in between beds or under plants that like a lot of it. woodloving mushrooms enjoy a bed 1' deep, so its quite a bit of mulch to be putting on plants, you can grow a variety of different ones, if you like oysters i suggest hypsizygus ulmarius, the stropharia ruguso-anulata is a great one as well, it can grow very large and really thrives in all kinds of environments, its the one i suggest over all. you can make a bed come back continuelly by just adding more woodchips later, mulch with ideally fresh woodchips and sawdust if you can find it, but woodchips will work by themselves too.

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Garden variety mushrooms [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4573005 - 08/23/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Ive never eaten oyesters, but by what ive read on the taste, i dont think its my thing. I like mushroom tasting mushrooms, like portabella, or morels. What does sra taste like?

I mulch with wheat straw

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (08/23/05 10:04 PM)

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4573032 - 08/23/05 10:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

one of the best! try it im sure you wont be dissapointed :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Garden variety mushrooms [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4573038 - 08/23/05 10:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Do you have prints or cultures or anything?

If you dont I think anno has some.

--------------------

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4573181 - 08/23/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i actually have a culture of a clone from up here, in northern vermont.. this particular strain was already "tamed" by some professional wildcrafter friends of mine, they harvested some in the wild and put the ends and pieces into woodchips intheir garden.. it fruited months later.. i cloned a specimen from their garden and have already made some new beds from it.. id be happy to share it, trade or just to pass along, send me a PM

--------------------

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4575824 - 08/24/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Check out Blewits, Lepista nuda. It grows in zone 5 and will grow on all three things you mentioned. Learn what they look like and you can grind up the bases and add them to a spot in the garden in the fall with leaf litter and
straw. They should grow this way.

Blewits are real easy to start from a print. Learn what they look like and
collect a print in the fall and make some grain spawn in the spring. Add your
spawn to some soaked straw. You probably won't have to pasturize the staw
just add spawn to straw. Then bury straw spawn with some compost.

Heres a picture of some blewit mycellium growing on straw. This was from a clone. The bucket has old cement on the sides.

Shaggy manes, Shaggy parasols, SRA will also grow if you find a patch just
bring back some of they mycellium and add it to a likely place in your garden.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Garden variety mushrooms [Re: falcon]
    #4577201 - 08/24/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Id like to have sra or shaggy parosols. Ill probably just buy them, i dont have time for strain isolation and all that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate