Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

My job has torn all feeling from my being
    #4498061 - 08/05/05 12:28 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I hhaaaaaattteeee my job.

hate it

I don't hate the actual work. I hate that people who get paid TONS more than me are absolute fucking idiots. It's like, the higher the position the lower the IQ. It's like these people don't know what the hell they're doing. It especially pisses me off when they come up to me asking how this bills or how to use a program.

God did not make me to work in business. I feel like I'm being sufficated. People at work think I'm not ambitious. It's not that, I'm just so fucking FRUSTRATED that I don't give flying fuck. They think I'm immature. I'm not immature, I just have to take a break every now and then and have some fucking amusement or my brain will fucking implode. My productivity and my quality are unsurpassed, but I get picked over because they think I don't have ambition.

I'm so TIRED of doing this crap. no one really WANTS to work in telecommunications. No one says 'I want to be an account manager when i grow up'. It pays well so fucking idiots are attracted to it like bugs to bright lights. It makes me physically sick to know I have to go to work tomorrow.

yet... I feel so... hopeless and I won't do anything about it. I KNOW I need to go back to school and get a degree in something that I want to do.

I KNOW all the things I need to do to make my situation better, but.... I just feel so unmotivated. I want to cry and feel something stronger than what I feel now that will motivate me to to something about it. But I can't. It's like my brain knows it's shitty.... but my heart won't hurt to make me change anything. If someone would have told me when I graduated that in 5 years I'd be working in a cubicle doing billing for a telecommunications company, I would have laughed.

When I'm at work I have to be someone I'm not. I have to be a bitch, I have to tell people that their credit is denied and I have to stand up to bossy business partners who throw tantrums like 3 year olds. I have to be totally emotionless and not take anything personal while I'm at work. I think this has seeped into all aspects of my life

I feel like my soul has died and I'm just an empty shell.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: StonedShroom]
    #4498224 - 08/05/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

FUck dude, the only part that got me was

"When I'm at work I have to be someone I'm not. I have to be a bitch, I have to tell people that their credit is denied and I have to stand up to bossy business partners who throw tantrums like 3 year olds. I have to be totally emotionless and not take anything personal while I'm at work. I think this has seeped into all aspects of my life"

Just try to reverse that for now. If you get fired, then at least you lost the job you hate oh so so so much. If being a non-pussy shit at work ends up helping you, then that's great! Win win.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4500060 - 08/05/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get out Now. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4500593 - 08/05/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Don't just quit. Make them fire you.

I would just start doing the job however you feel like doing it,and if they don't like it then fuck em.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4501326 - 08/05/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That would give you a little time to look for something better.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineonetree
Stranger
Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: Icelander]
    #4509833 - 08/08/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

after having several shitty jobs i have decided to only work in something that i enjoy or have interest in. its not worth all the bullshit doing something you hate.
you might have to live with less money or whatever but i think thats worth it aslong as your having fun with your life.
goodluck

Offlinemikeytwice
Wanderer

Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: onetree]
    #4509881 - 08/08/05 08:15 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quitting is the best thing ever!

--------------------
\

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: mikeytwice]
    #4510051 - 08/08/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Do what you know you need to do. If you know you need to go back to school, do it, or you'll keep living in this cycle that you so despise.

--------------------

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
    #4510261 - 08/08/05 11:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know the feeling all to well. I dont understand how people can work at a job they dont like. Its like what fucking secret makes you keep on working day after day. I have tried multiple things to trick my mind into liking my job, it doesn't help. So I just said fuck it, bought an mp3 player hid it in my hardhat, and just jam all day. Music will cure anything.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: prefloppro]
    #4510648 - 08/08/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

prefloppro said:
Music will cure anything.

The man is wise. I have 8.7 days worth of music to cure me at work.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: My job has torn all feeling from my being [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4523575 - 08/11/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There's an interesting article but I can't remember what it's called. It describes how the upper management is usually promoted beyond its skill level, which is because often people are good at the level right below where they are leveled out at, but totallly inept at a higher level. However, the hierarchy likes to move people up who might not have a shred of experience at a higher level, as if the previous and new positions are the same job or equal enough for a quick study. However there's a top level position which is where anyone maxes out and can't perform. Unfortunately, especially in management that's where the person is promoted too. Then in their mediocrity they wreak havoc and they get fired and the process repeats. It has to do with an unwise ownership/management structure.

While I feel sorry for you in whatever your position is, just try living in New Orleans and working in food service. You'll be begging to got back to your old job in no time.

--------------------
...or something

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4525740 - 08/12/05 07:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'd be glad to fill your shell

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #4539410 - 08/15/05 06:43 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I usually avoid telling people what to do, but in your case I'll make an exception.

QUIT!

Just get out of that office. It's a really hard thing to do, handing yourself over to all that uncertainty, especially because I imagine your job pays well and has nice benefits. But its worth it. You don't have to be there.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4547260 - 08/17/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Business = Machine, Machine = Emotionless, Emotionaless = Evil.

I beleive many have this problem also, the best solution is to become the machine they want you to be, do everything so that they can not complain, while doing this, on the side create your own business based on what you know most about and enjoy, this will give you an idea of some of the stresses these upper leveled employees have to deal with. You can create your own job, perhaps you can create jobs for others also, jobs that do not involve selling ones soul to move up in the chain of command. This is what I plan to do about my situation which is somewhat like yours.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds