Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebonksman
Stranger
Job beefs (saw people talking bout jobs that suck)
    #3152386 - 09/18/04 11:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I enjoyed reading on here, before i registered, of how much other people are in the same boat as i am.....i HATE MY JOB....im sick and tired of dealing with the garbage of it. I work in a fast food restauarnt, have now for four years.....four years too many!! As other people alluded to, it is tiring, crappy pay, unappreciative work. as far as im concerned, its pretty pathetic when im only making 1.37 more an hour than when i started four years ago......started at 6.85 and now make 8.22.....the raises arent' honestly even worth it!! get 10c, 15 c an hour raises when i get reviews...wow.. but its the other things i get fed up with too....dealing with poor management, poor scheduling.......getting scheduled for shifts im not even suppposed to work and then having shifts cut at times too.........a couple of tiems 8 hour shifts just right out the window.... and the hours vary from week to week with no consistency.... it makes it pretty tough to survive and every time im there, my blood just boils, and i am just cursing and swearing in my mind, mgt thinks i like working there too!!! boy have i got them fooled, but i found it kind of cool to find somewhere wehere i can vent,,,, instead of keeping it in....im currently going to school and should be finishing up a Business Certifiacate this December which i hope finally is my ticket out of this dump into something which hopefully will be better money without having to work your tail off!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Job beefs (saw people talking bout jobs that suck) [Re: bonksman]
    #3152406 - 09/18/04 11:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You have made the right choice going to school.

But remeber this. Your higher pay will mean nothing. You will have higher bills and a higher cost of living.

The task of overcoming the feelings of THIS JOB SUCKS BECAUSE I DON'T MAKE ENOUGH CASH.

It would be better to overcome this now. It will never change.

Find away to be happy in the workplace or suffer

Or take a risk and be a business owner.

You can be a sheep or a sheep hearder

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3153351 - 09/19/04 06:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It's about finding a job you enjoy. Since you do it so often, if you can be happy at work you should be able to be happy away from work without too much money.

Offlinebonksman
Stranger
Re: Job beefs (saw people talking bout jobs that suck) [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3153828 - 09/19/04 10:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I guess its true, you have some good points to make for sure. it is totally true more higher pay means higher cost of living. i think pay isnt the most major issue at this point anyway, its finding a job with benefits, i get zero benefits right now and they mean so much when you dont have to pay for things like drugs all out of your pocket (or even just a portion of it like some plans have) and dentist appointments) and getting paid if you happen to get sick and cant work. many a wise people told me no job, no matter what, is perfect, but certainly theres jobs out there i will enjoy doiong better.....but i will certainly keep in mind what your post said!

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3155915 - 09/20/04 03:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Benifits are not a for sure thing.
I have worked at several places that for one reason or another had to make a change. They pulled med coverage or lowered what it covers. Companys change all the time.

If I could have done things differently thru my 20's

It is this........... Never have a cost of living higher then 60% of my income. AT ALL COST AND SACRIFICE.

Had I done that I would be very rich at 36.

Get in the habit of saving aleast 30%
And you can do that by living on 2000.00 bucks a month when you bring home 3,000.00 per month.

Just throwing numbers around but you get the idea

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being