Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: i hate my job [Re: MisstressChrissha]
    #2098888 - 11/12/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. I definatly think EVERYone should work at least one month at a shitty restaurant job. I worked as a manager/server at two restaurants throughout and a little after high school. It SUCKED, seriously, getting $2 tips off of a party 15 people when I know I ran my ass off for them. All the little snobby rich kids used to come in and WALK OUT on their checks. All the snobby people who acted like they were rich big-wigs in a rural town (when they were really just in a lot of debt) wouldn't leave tips. Everyone should wait on and clean up after at least one table with a baby who's just starting to learn how to feed himself. People will do just about anything if they think they'll get free food out of it. Some people are seriously bitter and cynical and think that everyone goes out of their way to piss them off. You don't know pettiness until you get chewed out by a fat lady because she was seated at a table when there was obvously a booth open... she was offended and thought the host sat her at a table cuz they thought she couldnt fit into a booth-when in actuality the host was just seating a server who was next in line to get a table. Seriously I think hunger brings out the worst in people. I think that if any of the people i dealt with who acted like they were too good to leave me a tip were to ever get a job waiting table they wouldn't last a week.

$5.75? That's a fucking joke... seriously... how are people supposed to survive on that?

Look and see if there's a call center in your area. They usually pay very well (starting pay here- $9.00/hr) you get a fixed schedule, and you dont leave work smelling like you've been deep fried. It's really easy to move up in a call center too. Yeah, you have to deal with assholes on the phone, but it's less personal.. plus you can roll your eyes and laugh at them and they can't see you. We have a 'zero tolerance' policy at my call center-meaning if the customer uses one curse word or insults the CSR or company we can terminate the call and note the account that that customer can't be assisted over the phone-that they must goto a full service store. Our call center has fun contests and prizes and shit. Although if you're a guy i wouldn't so much encourage it unless you're gay... cuz straight guys always end up being rude and arguing with customers. they either get fired or promoted to supervisor LOL

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: i hate my job [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2098902 - 11/12/03 08:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Restaraunt work can be rewarding, and it can suck.

Anonymous #1

Re: i hate my job [Re: ]
    #2098942 - 11/12/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Man I wish they had jack in the box up hear. I want some. Hell If you dont like it quit. Be happy thats all I can say. My last job, the man told me I had to pick weeds for 8 hours. And all the lazy fofos dont even tell me thankyou. So I decided I will right my boss a not. It went a lil like this.
To day is a beautiful day. Unfotunatly I am here picking weeds for countless amounts of people that dont even reckognize the work that I do for them so they can live an easy life. Not only do I not want to sit on some ones lap because you are two cheap to have to trucks but I dont like the way you treat me. I never disrespected you but you always seem to say some thing rude about me. I am not a pot head and if I was it isnt any of your buisness to point it out. I do not like the way you talk to me and I think you are unfit to be my employer.
So I am going home I will take a nice walk and enjoy this great day.
Keep truckin
peace.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: i hate my job [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2099019 - 11/12/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

arizona is a right to work state....they can fire me for any reason...or no reason for that matter

so is indiana, but the law still applies; here they could fire you for having a short drawer, but cant forse you to pay for it, if the person fireing you specificly says they are firing you for not paying the money back then you could have a case.

Managers have to be carefull what they say when firing you, most will just say "your help is no longer needed" and that pretty much covers their ass of any illegal fireings

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: i hate my job [Re: windex]
    #2099115 - 11/12/03 09:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I hate my job too. I'm a dishwasher at a stupid cafe and my boss does all these passive aggressive things like cutting back my shifts to 3 in 2 weeks without even coming to me first to tell me theres a problem. So I go ask her whats going on and she makes a bunch of personal insults and basically tells me i suck at my job, i'm lazy, and the way I look isn't good enough to be trained up front.

I'm looking for a new job. I've had enough of this dirty, demeaning work and I can't stand being there when my boss or her mom are in the building.

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: i hate my job [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2099147 - 11/12/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

LOL that sounds like what the people at my first job did to the pothead dishboys they had.

The way i see it is they would keep these guys in the dishwasher position and they would never get promoted... not even the pseudo-promotion (oh you can run the deep fryer on busy nights) they would just keep them in that nasty little wet nook with the never-ending supply of dirty dishes...

I dont think that's how things should be ran... that SUCKS to wash dishes every shift. The second place i worked at had like a rotation with kitchen help, everyone had a shift washing dishes a week, except the crew leaders who always worked front window. with that system we really didn't have disgruntled dishwashers walk out in the middle of a saturday night dinner rush. also if someone who didn't have a dishwasher shift was caught just sittin around and talking they had to go help the dishwasher... servers had it worse though... there was a sign 'if you have time to lean, you have time to clean' :smirk:

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Anonymous #1

Re: i hate my job [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2101072 - 11/13/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i worked at an eckerd (a drug store) for about 2 years. 7 bucks an hour for standing at a cash register ringing up middle-aged women's bullshit. mostly that anyway. other crap too. working in corporate retail like that puts you right smack dab in the middle of corporate retail TV culture, and after hours and hours and hours, it really starts to get to a guy. i used to put in 35 hours a week ontop of going to high school. that wasn't fun at all. hehe.

the job i have now is pretty seasonal. i do gruntwork (landscaping, maintenence, etc.) at a pool club. that's for something like... 50-70 hours a week in the summer (starting at 7:30 six days a week), and i get paid less than i did at eckerd, but it's much, much better. working outside, with your body, at your own pace... it sure beats being a robot inside some little corporate unit for hours a day.

maybe you should try to get a new job... i think it's better to work for a place where the boss is also the owner. there's not as many stupid rules and regulations as when you work at a corporate-run place. it's much more chill. they often pay better and give better raises too...

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2102336 - 11/13/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ya, i didnt even want to start working at this place....i was desperate for a job. i was a manager at a burger king for a little over 2 years making 10 bucks an hour....had it good there. but i moved, got my licence suspended and needed a job close to home

been looking for another job ever since i started working here. but my lack of transportation really puts a limit on where i can go. i got a bus pass, but the bus system is totaly messed up here, takes you like an hour and a half to get somewhere it would take you 20 min to get to by car.

once i get my licence back im sure ill be able to find something that works for me...i too was doing landscaping for a while, with a buddy of mine who just started his own company...but its tough for him to keep me working, so in the meantime, its going to school and working at a job i hate....

gotta do what you gotta do sometimes i guess :tongue: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2103293 - 11/13/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, get a new career. Fuck food service. The owners are insane and penny picking selfish. The customers suck. Even when they compliment you it's on your least favorite menu item; the one you hate cooking, and think is shit, like the cow pie.

Yeah, get a new fucking career. You get drunk after work cause they give you free booze and then they all call you alcoholic. Word gets around. Yeah, Emeril wants you to buy him cocaine, but then he wont hire you at his restaurants cause he thinks he can hide his habit better.

Yeah, cooking fucking sucks, you're a chef at a cool little cafe and get kudos and get to drink beer and smoke in the dining room with the customers who all raise their glasses to ya, and then you get fired and can't even get a shitty hourly job as a saute cook where you can show a little savoir faire. Nope busted right back down to grill cook where you smoke the same flames off the grill that the beef is charring on, and where you're covered in meat and oil and salt and pepper all goddamn night. (And you really are a Buddhist and want to be a vegetarian). But no, they grill their quesedillas too and so burning cheese, and beans, and other shit is going up your lungs all night. The fajita guy hits the white hot skillets with flaming oil then jalapenos which the vents blow straight into your nose. And then you gots to clean the floor with a steam jet with a broken nozzle which you got to wrap towels around which slips off every two seconds and so you keep getting scalded. You're scalded inside and out. You can't even hold a hit off a joint because your lungs are two damn tired to pull.

Yeah, get a different job. Ya might like yer boss. And he likes you too. No you guys aren't gay. But ya like to drink after work alot. You both buy drugs. You both are wayyy cool. You both are the best of friends. You get fired because he's gotta cut hours to make his budget.

Yeah, I could go on. I do go on. In fact, cooking is about making little mandala offerings of plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, after plate, job after job, after job, after job, after job, after job, after job, after job, after job, after job, plate after plate, job after job.....

Forever

It never gets easier because there's always a hitch. You never get comfy unless you're a zombie exec. sous who is so used to sucking ass that his very office smells like shit. I swear to God, I've seen exec sous smile, and shed a tear for you and then write you up and document you and then fire you, oh yeah, after they try to cheat you out of some under the table deal they made with you for an extra fifty cents an hour for working the over nighter.

If you're like me, you've been fucked on drugs for millions of years. Then you clean up and the job gets sooooo goddamn bad that you try something new like heroin. Only you can't wear sunglasses at work because they slip off from the sweat, and people already think you're a freak so you don't need to fan the flames.

I hate this profession. And so should you. Don't think it's glamourous. The female chefs look like Julia Childs. There's only one Susan Spicer with the loaded rack. But she's got a huge and knarley burn down half her body where she tipped a pan of boiling oil on her neck which some moron put up high. But I love cooking. Because I know a hundred ways to do just about everything and I've learned them under the worst conditions in the entire universe. Yes, I'm a New Orleans cook. I'll cook yer skinny hide and charge people loads to nosh it. Only cooking is only like ten percent of the whole thing. Ironic that we cooks constantly cook gourmet but forever must eat shit.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: i hate my job [Re: eve69]
    #2103558 - 11/13/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes!

im glad to see someone share my frustration....new career is in the makings...only which one im not sure....something chemistry related. i love playing with chemicals :grin: and chemistry is the only subject i have come across where i actually like doing the reading, homework, studying...etc

im going to college, finally got done with all my gen ed stuff, and get to concentrate on the stuff i like to do....i just got to find the right path for me now, theres alot of different things i can do in the chemistry field

so until i get my degree, and get a job making good money in a nice air conditioned lab, with my spiffy white lab coat, putting chemicals together like they were legos...ill have to just settle for my shitty job, with shitty hours, and shitty pay...with my asshole boss, and my retarded coworkers..and the asshole customers who bitch and whine cause i put 3 pickles instead of 4, and that fucking baby that cries in her highchair for 2 hours straight, leaving half chewed food all over the floor, with her fucked up family that leaves their whole fucking mess on the table for me to clean up cause "its my job to clean up after them".......god i hate my job!!! 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder