Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
My job
    #2024677 - 10/20/03 04:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I mainly just want to have a whinge but feel free to comment if you like. I have a casual job at a detox centre and I haven't had any work for weeks. Anyway, I rang the admin person who does the rosters a few weeks ago and it turns out I have been struck off the roster. In the mean time I went for another job using my supervisor as a referee and I didn't get the job. So I rang her to ask if there were any job performance issues and she said the reason I didn't get the job was as she hadn't seen me work with clients (true) but asked me to come in for a meeting to go through my job description. Anyways I rang my union rep to ask if I had any rights as a casual and she said they would have to have a good reason to not give me work and that the reason of work performance wouldn't hold much weight because I had only worked 15 shifts - 11 orientation and 4 with responsibility. She also said that extra shifts should be divided evenly between casual staff and they can't discriminate. So I talked to my supervisor this morning and it turns out there were no work performance issues. Then I told her of my right to an equal number of shifts and she went off. She said the reason I was not getting shifts was because she had more experienced casual staff - but she accused me of starting industrial action (I just asked about my rights) and that I had contacted the union without her knowing (of course I can do that whenever I want) and that she should be able to give work to who she wants on her unit (her unit - personally funded by her) and said that I wasn't employed with the unit as she had never sent the paper work! Anyway I know that there is heaps of evidence that I am employed there but I did not really know what to say so I said I might get my union rep to ring her about that and she said that she would refuse to speak to the union rep! Unbelievble response. I mean, apparantly things have changed since I was employed because they have a new unit opening next door and they won't need as many casual staff - so I guess my supervisor wants to give the old staff more shifts - but that is not my problem. So, anyway, I think I am finished whinging now.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: My job [Re: enotake2]
    #2024886 - 10/20/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thats kinda crappy. how can they expect to have people with experience if they never let the new people get any? good luck with it anyway.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1