Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow
    #4495139 - 08/04/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Everytime I try and workout my triceps, behind my back lifting up, it feels like my elbow is about to pop. Is this normal? It's the day after and my elbow is hurting like a bitch. Am I using too much weight?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4495150 - 08/04/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like your using too much weight. When you lift try and really focus on your triceps too.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4496032 - 08/04/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure if what your describing is the same problem I have. I get a very sharp pain in the back of my elbows, aka "tennis elbow." I always get it during periods of time when I am working out very hard every single day. It may be a sign that you are overtraining. I would not advise you to lower your weight, but instead lower your frequency of training. Just work each muscle only once a week and it should help. You can also get straps that go around your wrists to help support the weight. The pain from "tennis elbow" is actually caused by strain on the wrists. The pain is felt in the back of the elbow at the base of the tricep because this is where the tendon connects. I've been dealing with this for years now. I just work through the pain and hope that it is better by the next time I train.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4496828 - 08/04/05 08:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

French curls suck for working your triceps. Do close grip bench, reverse grip bench, and skullcrushers. You'll hit all 3 heads of the tricep. Reverse grip will blow your arms up.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: Adden]
    #4497040 - 08/04/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

How do you do skull crushers?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: barfightlard]
    #4497050 - 08/04/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Get a curl bar. Lay on your back. Hold your arms straight up (without locking your joints), and bring the bar to your forehead. Raise it back up to a vertical position (again, without locking out).

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #4497138 - 08/04/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah that exercise sucks.
Try dips. Id say its better than skullcrushers because you can keep constant tension on the muscle and also the fact that it isnt an isolation exercise.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: Gus]
    #4497154 - 08/04/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dips rock my socks, but they're not for fatties, so don't even bother if you're considerably overweight.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4497508 - 08/04/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
Everytime I try and workout my triceps, behind my back lifting up, it feels like my elbow is about to pop. Is this normal? It's the day after and my elbow is hurting like a bitch. Am I using too much weight?

When you are doing those, make sure your back is straight, chest out, and look forward. Lift the weight with your elbows in place. Think of pushing your elbows together. Don't let them go outward. If you do it correctly, your forearms should pronate (twist) inward. Lift from your elbows. Do warm up sets. If I were going to do those, I'd start at 15-20 and work my way up to 30-35.

Mix it up. Do two handers one workout and 1 handers the next. 1 handers all the time would probably hit your triceps more evenly, but those are such a bitch. =) 2 handers are actually fun to do.
Quote:

PowerTrip said:
I'm not sure if what your describing is the same problem I have. I get a very sharp pain in the back of my elbows, aka "tennis elbow." I always get it during periods of time when I am working out very hard every single day. It may be a sign that you are overtraining. I would not advise you to lower your weight, but instead lower your frequency of training. Just work each muscle only once a week and it should help. You can also get straps that go around your wrists to help support the weight. The pain from "tennis elbow" is actually caused by strain on the wrists. The pain is felt in the back of the elbow at the base of the tricep because this is where the tendon connects. I've been dealing with this for years now. I just work through the pain and hope that it is better by the next time I train.

Straps should only be necessary on heavy back lifts, if at all. It's better to work without them. Your grip strength will suffer if you use them often.

I also get a little bit of pain in my wrists. I try to minimize that by making sure that I never work out at an odd angle for the wrists, grip tightly, and lift from the wrists (making sure they are tensed so they don't get stretched).

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: Gus]
    #4499007 - 08/05/05 06:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gus said:
yeah that exercise sucks.
Try dips. Id say its better than skullcrushers because you can keep constant tension on the muscle and also the fact that it isnt an isolation exercise.

it isolates the triceps. for tension just dont bottom / top out. after doing the crushers i usually do some close grip reps right after. also try some pull downs on the cable machine with the rubber two hand close angled close grip. keep your back straight.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: Adden]
    #4499071 - 08/05/05 08:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the pointers guys. What are dips? I'm no fatty so I could give it a try. I was doing standing two-hand curl bar behind my head, about 35-40kg. I'll give the skullcrusher a try instead.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4501358 - 08/05/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Straps should only be necessary on heavy back lifts, if at all. It's better to work without them. Your grip strength will suffer if you use them often

I was not referring to lifting straps. I meant the straps that simply go around your wrists. Like some black bracelets or something to that effect. Don't ask me how, or why, but they do seem to take some tension off of the wrists.

I use lifting straps also but only for doing deadlifts and shrugs.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: Tricep workouts fucking up my elbow [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4507756 - 08/07/05 05:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Can you suggest good straps?
That would be great when going heavy with deadlifts

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom