Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Need a good ab workout
    #4045252 - 04/12/05 01:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've tried afew ab exercises but none of them give me that feeling the next day when you know you've really worked the muscle.

any advise for exercises and form??

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Need a good ab workout [Re: barfightlard]
    #4045500 - 04/12/05 01:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yes as a matter of fact..

1. Leg lifts - lay flat on your back, with your hands cupped, palm down, under your lower back. Slowly lift both of your legs without bending your knees much, until they are vertical. Pause, then bring them back down just as slowly... AH! Do not touch your feet to the ground.. keep them 1 inch above. Slowly... up and down.. repeat 20-30 times or until you feel the burn, then do 5 more. This exercise works the lower ab muscles.

without pausing to take a break..
2. Immediately go into 1/4 crunches. Remain on your back, but bend your knees and have your feet flat on the floor. Cross your arms and hold your shoulders with your hands and using only the muscles in your stomach, do quarter crunches until you feel the burn, then do 5 more. (quarter crunches you don't have to go all the way up.. just flex the stomach enough to bring you up halfway or so) (Do not ever hold your hands behind your head when doing sit-ups or crunches - bad for the spine.) Crunches good for the upper abdomen muscles.

now you can take a 15 second break.. just enough to let the burn 'cool down'
3. Still on your back on the floor, position your feet so they are resting on a chair seat or something. Now you will be doing crunches again.. but this time you are touching alternate elbows to knees. Cross your arms and hold your shoulders like last time, crunch.. and touch right elbow to left knee.. go down, come up.. touch left elbow to right knee. Repeat 30-40 times until the burn is nice. This works the uppers abs as well as the obliques.

4. Back to leg lifts. Only this time, instead of just bringing your legs up and down.. you will be alternating moving them to the left and right as you are coming up and down. Left angle.. up, down.. right angle.. up, down. Repeat 20 times. Works lower abs and obliques.

now your abs should be burning like a mofo if you did it right. You only have to do each exercise enough times to get the burn, and then a few more. As you improve you can add more reps and other exercises.

Do this every OTHER day (have to let the muscles regenerate) for 3 weeks and I guarantee results. It takes like less than 5 minutes a day.

After this exercise set becomes too easy for you then you can move on to more advanced stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need a good ab workout [Re: Shroomism]
    #4045535 - 04/12/05 01:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

here's a good example of what I am talking about with pictures - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ripple10.htm

But don't hold the back of your neck when doing crunches like that lady :smirk:
It causes most people to "pull" on their neck.. like it will help them get up.. but all it's doing is causing strain to the spine.

I admit I don't workout as much as I should or used to.. but I stay in decent shape regardless of extra exercise. Well a few years ago I did this ab workout consistently for a couple weeks and I had a 6 pack stomach in no time.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4045588 - 04/12/05 02:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks

Having a set ab routine should help alot, I was prety sloppy with it before.

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week, then over time I got more and more lazy.... But, im gunna start doing what I can at home 3 times a week with my shitty machine. Should be getting some dumbells from 10lbs to 45lbs soon and I'll probably build a bench, so im hoping this wil allow me to do a light well rounded work out, which is all I want know anyways.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4045601 - 04/12/05 02:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I thought abs and forearms can be done daily?

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4045650 - 04/12/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, that was tiring :shocked: 

When i'm doing the crunches alternating from left elbow/ right knee, right elbow/ left knee I have to put weights on my feet or else my legs lift up and I can't complete the crunch.  Think i'll get past that eventually?

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Need a good ab workout [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4045657 - 04/12/05 02:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
I thought abs and forearms can be done daily?

abs, forams, back, chest, doesn't matter muscles are muscles, they all need time to repair.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4045683 - 04/12/05 02:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

probably.. to help you now you can wedge your feet under something that will help you from doing that.

Irradiated - abs CAN be done daily.. but from everything I've learned from my wing chun sifu and others.. you get best results from ab exercises when you do them every other day. It gives the muscles time to relax, regenerate and grow. The way I learned is to train abs, triceps, chest one day.. then back, biceps, shoulders, the next day.. (just an example) etc. Oh did I mention you should repeat this exercise 2 more times every day you do it.

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4045787 - 04/12/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So this ab routine should be dome 3 times daily????

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4045801 - 04/12/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ya.. 3 times every other day.. about 15-20 reps of each exercise

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4045820 - 04/12/05 02:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I didn't mean daily....me slow

id expect to see some results after going through that 3 times every other day~!!!

the hardest part is forcing myself to stick with it.....

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being