Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTryptamine
Stranger
Loc: Northeast Ohio - Clevelan...
Reverse Sterility Theory
    #448993 - 11/06/01 12:48 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I have a theory about sterility and I thought I'd post it here and see what you all thought:

It seems to me that the less sterile you are during the initial phases of innoculation/casing the more resiliant the mycellium is to contamination because it's been "vaccinated" against it already. I don't mean being overly dirty, but just using some basic common sense cleaning procedures and not shooting for a completely 100% sterile environment. I think if you aim for complete sterility then even the smallest little bit of contamination will quickly spread, but if you have "tough" mycellium it can better fight off outsiders. What do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemming
evil

Re: Reverse Sterility Theory [Re: Tryptamine]
    #449014 - 11/06/01 01:05 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Not really, since the contaminants usually start spreading before the mycelium starts growing and you get fucked in the ass, of course this is while inoculating.
While casing, I agree that there is no need to be fanatics about sterlity, since the mycelium is already nice and strong, only commons sense is needed, of course if you sneeze in the casing while it's being colonized you're a miserable idiot, but that's just my thoughts.

--------------------
As evil as a dwarf can get...

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Reverse Sterility Theory [Re: Tryptamine]
    #449176 - 11/06/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms don't have an immune system as such, so your idea dosn't really make much sense.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix