Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA
    #4481017 - 08/01/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I was wonderingt since P. Weilii is such a rare mushroom, being only found in northern Georgia which is a pretty populated area. My question is if there is any real risk in the Weilii being over picked by people? Do any of you ever worry that the entire natural supply could become more limited and scarse?
Or do you believe that there is still likely to be many locations and patches that are undiscovered and untouched?
I'm just trying to get a more realistic idea of the whole Weilii picture in GA, mainly just out of curiousity.
I also have a good friend who lives in a town west of Atlanta called Villa Rica, close to Temple GA, and I plan to visit some time. However, you all can be sure that I will always have the highest level of respect for the state of GA and of course also for the legendary sacred Weilii.
Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: SurwinMaxawow]
    #4481164 - 08/01/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It's unlikely that Psilocybe weilii is picked to extintion. But specific patches are certainly prone to overpicking.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4481176 - 08/01/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I must say I think that is a great question!

I wish we could get a strong wind to blow them suckers south!

Yessup! :thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: YESSUP]
    #4481392 - 08/01/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the responses. However it really would be great to get a good number of responses and feedack about this, just because it would be interesting to get a broader view of the picture.

By the way, last year I spend most of the summer working on a large cattle ranch in central FL. I had always thought that cubes were easy to find in practically any cow pasture, providing the weather had been wet enough. But I soon found out that things werent quite like I had imagined and it took quite a bit of hard searching before finally finding a shroomers jack pot, or what I am sure would qualify to be called a field of dreams! But that was just one field out of practically miles of fruitless pastures.
Are Weilii as hard to come by as Cubes are....or at least my experiences with Cubes?

Edited by SurwinMaxawow (08/01/05 06:51 PM)

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

#4481456 - 08/01/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

http://viewers.globexplorer.com/prtViewer/2D3DViewer/Viewer.jsp

type in villa rica ga

see the pond. above villa rica and to the left, gotta zoom and and find it, like a horse shoe

yeah... i thought it was a cool picture of a pond.

yeah... cool pic ;-)

not anything more than that

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

Edited by ihaveacow (08/01/05 03:16 PM)

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: ihaveacow]
    #4481573 - 08/01/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha  aaah OK  gocha ;-)  Thanks a ton Ihaveacow.  .I will definatly have to stop by and see if there is any good fishing in that pond, ,whenever I make it down to visit my friend.   
:smile:

Edited by SurwinMaxawow (08/01/05 06:48 PM)

OfflinePsYcHoDeLiCjOsH
Hippie

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4481922 - 08/01/05 05:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lysergic_Milkman said:
It's unlikely that Psilocybe weilii is picked to extintion. But specific patches are certainly prone to overpicking.

yeah, tell me about it!  :rolleyes: i have been out a shit load of times and found nothing!!! today i noticed that there was a crap load of shrooms out, but no Weilii's!

SAVE SOME FOR ME!!! I HAVE TO TRIP SOMETIME TOO!!

--------------------
HiPpIe

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: PsYcHoDeLiCjOsH]
    #4482311 - 08/01/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, its true everyone needs fo trip sometime. Its part of what keeps you sane in this world.

OfflineBigBallZMaN
Knowledge Quest

Loc: Washington, USA
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: PsYcHoDeLiCjOsH]
    #4482320 - 08/01/05 06:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would have to say it is virtually impossible to *pick* a species to extinction. Yes, patches will become overrun etc, but the species itself, is very unlikely to become extinct from pickers. Spores are deposited in such LARGE amounts, that there will always be spores somewhere. Whether they are still viable or not, thats different, but there will very likely always be a viable spore somewhere, that is just waiting for the right conditions to carry on the legacy of the species. Spores can be carried hundreds, even thousands of miles by the wind.

--------------------
Our body is light, we are immortal.
Our body is love, we are eternal.
Eternal..

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4482829 - 08/01/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SurwinMaxawow said:
I was wonderingt since P. Weilii is such a rare mushroom

False!
In fact, I've never had any trouble finding them. And sometimes I find them without even looking, just stumble across them.
They aren't that rare.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: flowstone]
    #4482940 - 08/01/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you dont know very much about mushrooms do you.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #4483064 - 08/01/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know I've probably found more mushrooms than your sperm count.......

Oh ya, I'm just joshin, take it easy :0
Seriously I'm about as pro as they come with weilii and other edibles in the area.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#4483078 - 08/01/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

That is good to know Flowstone. However, when I said its a rare mushroom, I was meaning that it is rare in the world, being only found in N. Georgia. But heck if Weilii is as easy to find as you are saying then great, I was hoping to hear someone say something like that. I'm not sure if I will ever pick any myself as I do not live in GA, but maybe someday I will have the good fortune.

OfflineLysergicRide
Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Lone Star State
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: flowstone]
    #4483539 - 08/01/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

So how likely is it that the Weilii might infiltrate some place like Texas and the rest of the states? Why is it just in GA?

--------------------
The fool on the hill sees the sun going down... And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around

"I can't tell if I'm coming up or down"

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4484280 - 08/02/05 03:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I am no real expert, but I would guess that eventually Weilii will spread into other states. I think that realistically speaking it probably takes mother nature likely hundreds or perhaps thousands of years time for the whole mycelium networks to spread over great distances like states. To be quite honest, this is all very interesting to me to be, especially when it comes to P. Weilii. And its isolation to just the area of northern GA. I wonder where the Weilii first started and how.
For all anyone really knows, Weilii may have only been around a short while compared to most other mushrooms on earth. If so how on earth was it first conceived or created? Perhaps it was first created by aliens who gave it a healthy start sometimes before Columbus and the Pilgrims first came setting into motion what is now the greatest super power on earth. But the aliens new way before hand that it if wasn't for their creation and introduction of what we later named P. Weilii, the earth's delicate balance with hyperspace would be thrown off and perhaps overloaded too fast causing a quantum crash, which isn't pretty at all, and just to sum it all up nicely we would have all been fucked. Yep, fucked is about the only word for it really, when you are trying to describe a quantum trainwreck. Leaving us all to go on in a broken dimensional mess. Do you think the world is crazy now?
Well, as a matter of fact the main reason that our world seems to be so crazy right now is actually the results of us all being very close to the REAL craziness. We are presently grazing past an unimaginable disaster by just a hair or less. We can feel very lucky and relieved that we now are only having to experience a very close call, which itself is enough to cause people like BUSH Jr. to be in office and rap music to be so popular when anyone with an IQ over 80 can do it...as well as M&M too. But these things aren't important and eventually things will come back into harmony and balance, bringing intelligence and real light more into focus again. Thank God.
Thank also the higher alien beings who could see what was coming and so took the right measures against it, and the creation of Weilii was just one of these measures.
Just think of Dr. Andrew Weil who has practically reached super star status in health magazines and the entire naturalistic approach to medicine and healing. The fact that he is now named after a psychedelic mushroom (P. Weilii) is a great help in moving the world towards acceptance towards these drugs.
And so, next time you are out hunting for, or just about ready you treat yourself to some Weilii, stop and think about the aliens who first introduced it to the earth, specifically just so that you would be able to have this snack. Because although you may not even realize it at the time, as you are tripping you are also connecting at least part of your consciousness with the earth's immediate hyperspace. BY doing this you are helping yourself as well as the whole world which you are very much part of find a greater level of balance, and maintain it. Of course every shroom trip helps this cause, but for some reason mushroom trips that are taking place in northern Georgia are especially vital in helping the earth to avoid this fate and find perfect balance again. The aliens somehow knew all this and maybe even traveled back in time to introduce their newly designed psilocybe to the area that would soon become northern GA.
Weilii country is helping to seal up a crack so to speak, by leading or influencing the dimension the earth inhabits into a greater more steady state of harmony, which is literally far away from, and the opposite direction from the chaotic mess which we are still too close for comfort with. Eventually the earth will be back into steady smooth balance once again, and the earth will get to rest and recover in a new golden age.
So there you have it, I finally let the cat out of the bag and spilled the hidden truth of Psilocybe Weilii. Although I highly doubt that anyone who reads will honestly believe a single drop of it. But that's OK. I would be just as satisfied to know if people enjoyed reading my story, whether or not they think its a load of crap.
PEACE

Edited by SurwinMaxawow (08/02/05 04:56 AM)

Offlinemastacheefa
Stranger

Loc: N. Georgia
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: LysergicRide]
    #4484997 - 08/02/05 11:11 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LysergicRide said:
So how likely is it that the Weilii might infiltrate some place like Texas and the rest of the states? Why is it just in GA?

Ive heard many times that weilii have not spread because they require Georgia's red clay soil as a medium.  Which is possible, but they have also been found growing directly out of pinestraw, woodchips, and even on a decaying log.  This makes me wonder if red clay is something they absolutely need.  I think as long as the humidity, and temperatures are right, and the mycellium can grow without resistance, weilii could grow.  Experiments need to be done.  I want to see weilii colonize the whole southeast. 

This fall when everyone is picking garbage bag fulls, tons of sporeprints need to be made and sent to people in neighboring states. They could put the spores in squirtguns and go to developing areas and spread the weilii.  :mushroom2:

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: mastacheefa]
    #4485239 - 08/02/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

The reason is habitat and environment, they are native to this region and are used to the weather conditions here. Its the same reason why liberty caps and azures dont grow on the east coast, the right conditions have to be there for it to be successful...

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: A question about Weilii, for those who live in GA [Re: phishhead]
    #4485696 - 08/02/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im not talking to you flow, im talking about the original post.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

OfflineSurwinMaxawow
TONKA TOY
Male User Gallery

#4485718 - 08/02/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn didn't anyone like my spontaneous burst of creative writing that I spent over an hour on last night? I hope nobody actually believed I was serious. But I really was hoping someone would say that they enjoyed my insane thoughts and theories on Weilii.
Seriously in a forum dedicated to psychedelic mushroom, where is the spirit of creativity in you all? Not saying that none of you have any creativity, but I often have come this same conclusion which is that most people hardly make any good use of their creative potential, which cab easily make normal life so much more stimulating and worthwhile, as I have personally proven to myself again and again. People usually enjoy your company a lot more too.

Edited by SurwinMaxawow (08/02/05 05:40 PM)

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4485740 - 08/02/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I think most people didnt read it, but i did. Nice rant there.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate