Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Rant... What the hell is wrong with people?
    #4441963 - 07/23/05 10:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering how many of you guys tell your friends and people you know about your usage of shrooms, etc.? I always like to think of myself as being honest with people. My parents and immediate family know that I use shrooms and weed, as do some of my work colleagues and other people who I frequently see and talk to. Of course, I don't expect people to share my interest, but I do expect them not to treat me differently because of it. I respect that people have interests that do not interest me and I expect the same respect back. Most people express no problem or concern with regards to this, but yesterday I lost my second friend over it.

The first guy was an on-line friend, who I didn't really care for very much anyway (he was really only interested in asking for my advice on computers and stuff, I'd only known him for a few months). He basically told me that "You have to get off the drugs or we can't be friends anymore. I can't be friends with a junkie". So I told him that he "should pretend that I don't do drugs and not speak of it again". But he insisted saying that this was deceit. I told him that I respected his decision to live a life without drugs, including beer and caffiene, to which he told me (his words) "I love alcahol!" and "beer is the way to enlightenment!". Talk about double standards. Anyways, to put it shortly, he asked me to choose between his friendship and the mushrooms, and the mushrooms won.

The second guy I've known for much longer (about 5 or 6 years) and in real life as opposed to on-line. Ever since he knew that I've done shrooms in January, he's constantly told me that "Those mushrooms will be the end of you :P" and other such similar statements. He started talking to me much less over the next few months. Then a couple of days ago we got into some silly argument on a web forum about computer hardware, and suddenly out of the blue he told me that "You've changed, I swear those shrooms have fucked up your head and it's showing". Anyways, we got into a long debate over this (Here's the link, me = Martin, him = Varsh, in case anyone is intersted, but it's really long and a lot of it is not relevent). Anyway, he steadfastly refused to read any of the facts on sites like Erowid, The Shroomery, etc. as I suggested, insisting that "it's drugs... it's just common sense", and never clarified what he meant by this or what his sources where (despite me asking several times). Again, what it came down to for him was the shrooms or his friendship, and again, I refused to live by his rules, so now he's decided to ignore me completely. His last words to me were these: "You clearly don't have common sense, I guess your "logical" mind clouds that. Congratulations, shrooms 2 - 0 your friends 0. Fuck tolerance *ignored*."

I feel quite pissed off, even betrayed in a way, because this guy always seemed like the very open-minded and tolerant type before he knew that I had used shrooms. Why the fuck are people like this? One minute they're your friend, and the next, they think you're a junkie who is fucked up in the head and incapable of making your own decisions and judgements. I've never abused drugs. I've done shrooms only 7 times in my life since January, and most of those were low doses. I've always done extensive reading and research into anything that I'm planning on trying or doing, and yet these people are so fucking narrow minded that they can't even think for themselves, and insist that I " *must* be wrong because I am the one fucking myself up on drugs" even though they obviously don't have the first goddamn clue what they're talking about.

If there is one good thing that has come of this, then I guess it's that it's good to know who your real friends are and who is only your friend because you happen to live by their rules.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: TurricaN]
    #4441989 - 07/23/05 10:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You gotta learn to let that shit go. Its so hard for me to not correct people when I know their wrong, and not inform them, I dont want people to be idiots to everything, I want them to understand. But after long and hard trying to make them understand, some people just dont. They made up the word ignorance for a reason...

BTW, my 733, once overclocked to 900, made games less choppy. It happened, its a fact, shouldnt something like that blow all their bitching about overclocking never doing anything to bullshit? I'd think so anyway. Ah well, like I said...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4442062 - 07/23/05 11:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The overclocking argument wasn't really a huge deal for me. I have frequent disagreements with people relating to computers (as I'm sure does any non-Windows user), so I'm quite used to it. It's certainly not something I expect to lose a friend over, and to this day, I never have.

What does bother me is that the guy has obviously been brainwashed by the expectations of society in regards to shrooms, as is evident by the fact that he doesn't even know why he thinks about them in the way that he does. Why do people seem to think that they can try to advise me on something that I have knowledge and experience of and that they know nothing about? It's just total bullshit. I don't mind if someone tells me once that they don't agree with it, or that they wouldn't do it themselves, but I'm not going to just sit here listening to anyone constantly telling me that I'm fucking my head up and I'm going to kill myself when they obviously don't know jack shit about what they're talking about. I mean, is tolerance really too much to ask? Or have I just been living in Holland for too long? I think it really is better for me to simply not speak to these people.

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
    #4442064 - 07/23/05 11:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am generally fairly open about my usage, among friends. Even among those that I wouldn't admit my usage to, I am comfortable talking about them, and their effects. And trust me, when I get talking about mushrooms - it can go on for a while. I swear, little hearts start to circle my head and I get red in the face. I have never had anyone react negativly to my usage of drugs, in my presence anyhow. I'm generally confident that I can explain myself to anyone (i hope).

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

OfflineAvatarofAtavism
Stranger

Loc: canada
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4442081 - 07/23/05 11:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

anti-drug programming is really strong in some people. It boggles me sometimes.

--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Offlineriby
Stranger
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4442142 - 07/23/05 11:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"You clearly don't have common sense, I guess your "logical" im pretty sure thats a falicy, Ad hominem

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4442688 - 07/23/05 01:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man, I know a few people like that too. You just gotta take the good with the bad, I guess. Maybe someday he'll realize the error of his ways and try to reconcile with you, maybe not. I guess it's just time to move on, find some new friends, ones who actually respect you and your decisions, like this guy clearly did not.

It's not easy man, but in the long run it will probably prove to be a good thing.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: dblaney]
    #4442868 - 07/23/05 02:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

>I mean, is tolerance really too much to ask? Or have I just been living in Holland for too long?

Yes, and yes, lol. If your going to start expect tolerance from an animal with a natural instict to fear what it knows nothing about, your going to be dissapointed. People not in the know, are not in the know for a reason.. Darwin had a theory along those lines..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethaiiisticks
Stranger
    #4443252 - 07/23/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

bro you can't make everyone happy... you wouldn't even like hanging out with this dweeb anyway anymore because after tripping you realize that most people who haven't tripped are so fake... caught up in their everyday bullshit.. fuck it "a thug changes, love changes, and best friends become strangers" - nas

--------------------
Hey, me no worry, hashish keep my eyes Chinese
Rollin two Phillies together make blunts Siamese
I meant it, I represent it, descendant made of
early natives that were captured and taught to think backwards
Trapped us in a cracker psychiatric, it's massive
A Million Man March, alert the masses
Ten glocks, Armani in small print, upon my glasses
Don assassins, armageddon, the wettin'
Never freakin the beast, seven heads, got the righteous threatened
Life Was Written, the plot curves behind the settin'

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: thaiiisticks]
    #4443418 - 07/23/05 04:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I somewhat agree with thaiiisticks. I mean almost everyone had a good point. I would say tripping has changed me and it might have you also. I have never seen them change a person in a bad way though. It made me see all the bullshit people put themselves thru just for appearance or the acceptance of others. It sort of put things into perspective. My mother lives with me and I always have to hear why? Why because I want to. All of my life I have been looked down upon because I smoke pot and for the last 9 months tripped. Well my husband and I have always been the druggy black sheep of the family . This has went on for 12 years so far and will never change. You will be the one to have to change yourself to be able to deal with close minded people. I hate to say that but I'm sure you have more tolerance than they do ya know. I still deal with my families close minded crap and what is so funny about this is all of these years we have been no good druggies but now I own 2 houses and the one we live in is bigger than any of theirs, I have 2 beautiful smart girls and my husband and I will celebrate 12 yrs of being together in dec and 10 yrs of marriage in feb w/a trip to amsterdam. We have paid for everything by the sweat of our brow(we didn't sell drugs) and we don't even care about the material stuff thta is their thing. But still we smoke pot and that makes us no good. Your eally just fighting iggnorance and that seems to be a losing battle. You really have to pity people that believes everything they are told without ever questioning. That is suppose to be the diiferance between apes and humans but I guess most humans are more ape like than we think!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: peeper]
    #4443573 - 07/23/05 05:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You got that right, peeper! That is what Turrican needs to see, that this plantet is populated by fucking apes. We are in minority. Artists are in minority. People who love beauty are in the minority. Seems a little backwards...

There is what I would like to call a thin line of discrection, and it is so simple to keep it that way. Simply do not tell people that you use magic mushrooms or have ever. Most all people in this society could not take that sentence and still think you have credibility. So, don't let them know. What they don't know won't hurt them, eh? Besides, most of these people do not want to change, they would rather feel sorry for themselves down in a hole rather than try to begin climbing out.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Edited by mecreateme (07/23/05 05:29 PM)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #4443588 - 07/23/05 05:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I can relate to this. I have a cousin who's the same age as me, who I have literally known and spent time with since I was a baby... and guess what? One day when he was over at my place we started talking about drugs and the law. He is taking Criminology in university and plans to become a cop soon. So anyway, I have smoked weed in his presence a couple times and he didn't seem to mind, but that day we talked about other drugs like mushrooms and acid, and he just fucking flipped! He said to me " Why would you ever want to do acid and fuck up your brain? why would you want to throw away your career and life to a drug?" and i was just blown away.. but I still tried to explain myself and my reasoning for doing it but he would just get irritated at me and it finally ended with this "Don't ever let me find out you are doing drugs, I don't want to know, because if I find out then I can't hang out with you anymore"  Can you believe this??? My fucknig very close cousin, who I had know for many many years, been good friends, just blew me away because of MY choice of lifestyle. FUCK! And I do believe his ambition to become a police officer had something to do with it. He's gonna be the type of cop who will bust anyone he can for drugs and won't give a shit. It just pisses me off. So anyway, after he told me this, i said " That is the coldest thing anyone has ever said to me, you really won't talk to me if I choose to do acid or shrooms?" and he said "well... I'm not gonna suger coat it", and he just stormed out of my house. FUCK! but you know what? I'm not gonna hold it against him. I will still talk to him in the hopes that someday he will get over that I have my own life and my own choices to make, and that he can accept that. Trying to change his mind forcibly would be pointless. Ever since that day, which was about 4 months ago, I haven't spoken to him. Anyway, that's my little story. Shroom on and live your life responsibly and the way you want to because you can!  :mushroom2:

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4443616 - 07/23/05 05:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah as far as telling people, I am honest if I am asked. I work for myself and I somewhat blend. I am alittle different than most people but as far as a person and my actions my customers don't think or might not even care what I do after I leave their house. If they were to ask I wouldn't lie. Now I would not come out and tell them I grow because that is just too dangerous. You have to be proud of who you are and keep it like this: never do anything you would ever be ashamed to admit to, If everybody went by this we would have alot better people in the world. Could you imagine what kind of president we would have right now if he thought that way? I have found myself without friends before because of the way I live and it was hard but also I see what boring ass individuals they were in the first place now. Things work theirselves out. I only have a handful of friends right now and happier and more cared about than I have ever been. If you think about it though no matter how many people you know only ahandful of those people are really friends anyway.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #4443643 - 07/23/05 05:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:16 AM)

Offlinepeeper
Even stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: StickyWater]
    #4443649 - 07/23/05 05:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yep not asked don't tell

Offlinechevron
spiralling

Loc: UK
    #4444319 - 07/23/05 09:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

OK, I read the whole argument on the other forum - with dismay I might add - and I have a few points to make:

1. Chill out man!!!

2. True tolerance is all-encompassing, which includes tolerating intolerance :wink: obviously the guy doesn't really know what he is talking about and is to some degree affected by anti-drug propaganda, but so what? just let it go, be happy, smile and feel sorry for the poor guy. What good is all this intensive arguing and intricate word analysis... it's just getting you both worked up. Think of what's really important in life, what you really should care about - friendship, not meaningless arguments about computer hardware. Have a debate, but why the getting worked up about it? Think back to why you were friends in the first place, hopefully this hasn't changed.

3. in my experience all drugs change you to some degree. after about 1.5 years of shroom use, i'm starting to be able to look back and see the changes more clearly. some of the changes i do not like. some of the revelations i maybe wish had not been made. equally i can see (probably more easily) the changes that have occured in my friends who have taken them as well. some of those changes i do not like. in fact i'm hard pressed to think of any positive changes. Friendships are made on common grounds, ways that you can share and enjoy each others company; i have seen changes that are actually starting to put strain on my friendship with these people. any kind of mind opening drug is going to have its positives and negatives. sometimes i fear i cant function properly in society any more... because i'm opened up to how bad it is, how much i would love to live a natural life away from the stress and soul-destroying nature of modern society? maybe. am i glad this change and this partial mind opening has happened? not sure. was i happier beforehand? these are all things maybe you should think about. you will change and develop in particular ways through regular shroom use, and certainly not in any predictable way. there is no doubt that there is a risk. it seems there are no physical risks, but you must understand that your life WILL change as a result of new and mind opening experiences.

most of all though, CHILL OUT hehehe life is good, just relax and don't blame people for their ignorance, it's not really their fault

--------------------
I am merely a parody.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4446419 - 07/24/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

tell him to get off his bible and take a bong rip :grin:

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: soochi]
    #4446517 - 07/24/05 01:11 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
tell him to get off his bible and take a bong rip :grin:

LOL...  I did that myself (taking the bong rip, that is) last night and felt great.  I don't think the guy will have a bible though, he's quite anti-religion.  I've decided that I don't care for his friendship anyway.  He was the one who came to me in the first place (even moving university just to go to the same one as me), so it's his loss really, not mine.  I have better friends, and probably won't even see him again when I finish uni anyways.

Also, I've decided that I'm no going to stop visiting those (other) forums altogether.  They not doing anything good for my mindset.  I realised that I was happier than I'd been in ages when they had a week of downtime, so I really should try to break the habit of going there.  Again, it's not my loss, I'm mostly only trying to help people with computing questions there, so what the hell...

Thanks for the replies everyone. :smile:

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery
Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
    #4446891 - 07/24/05 03:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I hate people too

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

OfflineBetaDelta
Stranger
Male
Re: Rant... What the hell is wrong with people? [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #4446998 - 07/24/05 04:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, The less people know the better, for everyone man.
Take care

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience