Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekake Happy Birthday!
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
trip report (cubensis + lsd)
    #4413237 - 07/16/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to brief the structure of the trip then go into detail about it.

1:00pm ingested 1 tab of white unperfed blotter.
1:45pm feeling the effects of blotter kick in, I ingested some cubensis (the 2 on the left):

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-28/150279598-thumb_Image3.jpg

approximately 26g wet weight

About an hour later effects from both began to be felt. I started watching some movie but could not keep my attention to it for more than 30 seconds at a time.

The trip definitely had a mushroom vibe (i.e. giggly, wavey plane of vision), but with a lot of rainbow halo-effects given by the acid. Surprisingly, I felt more confident than in previous trips with cid/mushrooms alone. There were few physical side effects (I could walk straight, play my guitar fine, and had little trouble making it up stairs, even though the visuals were intense)

The emotional feeling was extraordinary. I found myself laughing very hard at things that had only a small bit of humor. At about 4:00pm it was time for some nitrous. This is where things got a bit intense. I plopped my ass down in proper nitrous-ready fashion and loaded 3 chargers into the dispenser. After the first hit, a wave of visual and auditory hallucination took over my body, a nioe buzzing feeling that tickled all the senses and created a bit of synesthesia (the music I was hearing was no longer being 'felt' through my ears, it was as if I was hearing the music through my eyes and body instead.

The I took the second hit. Right then, there was a very strange familiarity of what was about to occur. I suddenly looked up, and it was like someone pulled a thin sheet over my vision and there were images that can only be described as running skeletal figures, zooming in with emphasis mostly on the faces. They overlapped each other, i.e. they were translucent and all in a sort of left-to-right arc motion. The best way I can describe what I saw was like flipping through a sketch-book animation, very strobe-like. The skull turned and looked at me, sort of smiled, and after that I became so immersed in the nitrous that it is very hard to put to words what happened next. Reality faded and suddenly I was no longer aware of my surroundings. This lasted what I think was about 15-20 seconds but it seemed like a lot longer. The actual animation was almost identical to previous mushroom trips I've had, having emphasis on the spirit world or the dead. Being an experienced tripper, it was not what you would call 'scary' but it did keep me on edge a bit, and I believe the visions were a direct result of ego-death, which I experienced multiple times during this trip with the nitrous.

I had intended to go through a box (24) but after 3 my head felt a little groggy, and still feeling a bit uneasy from the mushrooms in my stomach, I decided to eat some fruit and then laid down on the couch and shut my eyes. The CEVs were incredible and unlike any I've ever experienced from mushrooms or acid alone. There was a great depth in the field of vision that I normally don't get, I guess what you would call an infinite plane. although it was not truly infinite. With my eyes closed, somehow I still saw my arms and legs and body, but they were covered in moving fractals and patterns instead of clothes/skin. Around me was what looked like a jungle environment that was constantly changing morphing into unrecognizable figures. At this point I began doing some introverted thinking, I won't include all the details, but it seems to have been successful in re-working some plans for my future.

It surely wasn't the first time I began wanting to improve my life while tripping, and the usual things came to mind: better diet, more exercise, and quitting smoking, but this time it felt like something was giving me more lasting, heart-felt motivation. Today, I feel just the same about it as I did yesterday, and hopefully I will tomorrow as well (I think I will) so I consider it a success.

At around 7pm the mushrooms began wearing off and it was apparent that only the acid was still causing much of an effect, so I ate another blotter tab (no it was not impulsive, I planned on eating 2 all along, but at the beginning of the trip something told me to just eat one to begin with, and I'm glad I listened to that instinct).

Within a half hour, I was right back up to a level 4, and the peak of this part of the experience was amazing. This is where reality began fading in an out. Sitting in my living room, I began staring at a rocking chair with intricate patterns on it. Suddenly, I felt everything around it sort of squeeze in and out of existence. About 10 seconds later, it was no longer my living room, but some sort of outdoor patio in a mexico-like environment. The light coming from the lamp that illuminated the room turned into sunlight, there were fresh fruits and vegetables hanging from the walls, what appeared to be a horse in a stable in the distance(the dining room), and a lot of mexican-like furnishings. It is hard to describe exactly, but this was an incredible vision that has burned itself into my memory.

The next open-eyed vision was that of people laying a canoe into a river. It was one of those intense 5-second clips again, translucent visualization in mid air, I saw a woman and a man lay a canoe into a body of water, and when the canoe hit the body of water, the image froze and it was like a snapshot burned into my memory.

Visual reality returned for a short while (probably 5 minutes), but before I knew it, it began to fade again. This time something extraordinary happened. I think my ego was dissintegrating but I was not prepared for it. I suddenly felt like I was fighting something that wanted control. In a span of about 5 seconds, I heard a buzz-like sound inside my head and translucent visions of people started surrounding me. The most memorable part of this was when what I can only describe as a floating ghost came whizzing from my right behind me and practically went right through me and to my left, looking at me the entire way. I could not describe what the ghost was wearing or if it even had legs, it seemed to just fly right by. It immediately gave me chills.

I felt threatened at this point, which hasn't happened to me while I was tripping in a long time. The best way to describe what I felt was like there were ghosts around me, and suddenly I was perceiving them, and when they realized this they went wild and took full advantage of the situation knowing that in about 10 seconds I would re-take control and they would be gone. The ghost excited not in an evilish or demonic way, but in a 'we're always around, but nobody ever sees us' kind of way, as if they were lonely and ready for someone like me to give them a few kicks.

So I fought the thoughts in my head and just as was predicted, about 10 seconds passed and they were all gone; I had become astonished and speechless to what had just occured. Again, this might have been caused by my resistance at the brink of ego death, maybe it really was the spirit world I was perceiving, another dimension, or it might've just been hallucination, but in my entire life I've never felt a spiritual presence like that before, and I am fully & equally open to all possibilities.

It took me a good half hour to stop thinking about that experience. I finally decided I needed a stimulus or distraction and so I put in Fantasia 2000. It is rather short, but the music combined with visuals are stunning in this film and I highly recommend checking it out. The guest-speakers are a bit of an annoyance between clips but thats what fast-forward is for. I don't remember the name, but there is one great chapter with flamingos that has some stunning visuals that are very tripping.

After this I decided to watch Baraka, for the first time. I know I'm beating a dead-horse here, but I must say this film is truly extraordinary, and if you haven't seen it yet, you ought to. Watching it while tripping made it especially delightful. The images are beautifully breathtaking and thought-inspiring beyond words. Especially memorable from this movie for me were shots of Buddhist monks (whom I now envy), the various chimps/monkeys, and the segue between shots of piles of human bones to piles of bombs/rockets; the symbolism was immediately perceived and provoked some emotional thoughts about the current state of our world. I'm glad I watched this towards the end of my trip. The movie gave me a lot to think about heading out, as far as where I am now in my life, where I'm going to be in 5 years, and where I can go to find peace in this world torn apart by greed, diseases, and war. I think they did an excellent job with this movie.

After the movie, I wasn't tripping very hard any more, but visuals were still very obvious so I tried the nitrous again. This time, the nitrous gave a very psychedelic feeling. I wasn't taking huge hits this time, instead I was squeezing the dispenser lightly, allowing a slow flow of nitrous to seep into my lungs while breathing regular air as well. This proved to be delightful, like sipping on an expensive wine. When I closed my eyes, I felt the dispenser in between my lips turn into a visualization, but visualized it was radiating with technicolored gas. This was an extremely aesthetic visualization that lasted the entire time. After about 6 chargers I felt very spent and so I smoked a bowl and passed out, around 6am. About a 16-hour experience altogether. Although it was very tiring, it was extremely thought-inspiring, spiritual, and a lot of fun, too.

Today I felt very unmotivated physically and slept on and off much of the day, but I took a couple 5-htps capsules and feel good now. If you read this far, I hope it wasn't too much of a bore. I haven't been writing trip reports much anymore because I find it incredibly hard to do without leaving a bunch out unless I write down the thoughts during the actual trip. So, I've left a ton out of this report but I'm writing it anyway because it was one of the more profound experiences with psychedelics I've had, my first time mixing acid and mushrooms, and I don't want to forget what I learned from it.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: trip report (cubensis + lsd) [Re: kake]
    #4413730 - 07/17/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

cool report man. very interesting to read about those 2 mixed tgether. i especially liked the ghost part. i bet you saw into the astral plane and saw real ghosts. :headbanger:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4413784 - 07/17/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
At this point I began doing some introverted thinking, I won't include all the details, but it seems to have been successful in re-working some plans for my future.

Aww I feel like you yadda yadda'ed the real meat of the story! :wink:  I'd love to hear more about that.

Quote:

kake said:  If you read this far, I hope it wasn't too much of a bore.  I haven't been writing trip reports much anymore because I find it incredibly hard to do without leaving a bunch out unless I write down the thoughts during the actual trip.  So, I've left a ton out of this report but I'm writing it anyway because it was one of the more profound experiences with psychedelics I've had, my first time mixing acid and mushrooms, and I don't want to forget what I learned from it.

I think you did a great job conveying the experience...there's something about writing them down that helps you learn from them, for me it feels like the trip can't come full circle until I've written about it...sounds like you had a great fucking time.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #4415098 - 07/17/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome write-up! Thanks for sharing, sounds like a good time. :smile:

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Invisiblekake Happy Birthday!
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: trip report (cubensis + lsd) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4415389 - 07/17/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

Aww I feel like you yadda yadda'ed the real meat of the story! :wink:  I'd love to hear more about that.

Well, I mostly thought about what I want to do when I graduate and get my degree in the spring.  I also thought about the relationship that I'm currently in.  I am afraid of committment when everything doesn't feel perfect.  I constantly find myself on a balance beam, wondering if my standards are too high or not high enough. 

This was very troublesome for me because I've been with this girl for almost 2 years now and we're very attached, we've had our share of problems but everything is good right now, but she doesn't seem like THE perfect one, which is hard to grasp when you're very much in love with somebody.  This is the second serious relationship I've been in, and the last one had a very long and drawn out ending that sucked a LOT.

She's also a year younger than me, and won't be graduating until a year after me.  I know I won't be sticking around here after I graduate, and probably will be moving out west. I worry that she's going to be unfaithful or tempted to find someone else if I'm not around.  Right now we have this 'let's wait it out' attitude, knowing it's probably not going to end up working out, but the idea of seeing each other every day for the next 9 months and not being together seems worse than anything else.

So, that's why I yadda yadda'd because these problems aren't too uncommon or that interesting.  But maybe someone can give me some advice  :heart:  :confused:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder