Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineProteus

Loc: Dallas, TX
DB kit Growing log...
    #431463 - 10/20/01 01:39 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Alright - now begins the log of growing with the DB kit.
The 15# kit is being utilized.

Today (10/20) : 3 rye bags innoculated with 3.5 - 4 cc's each of healthy-looking B+ syringes from T.H.E.

-Followed all instruction sto the letter:

- Lysoled whole area
- wiped down rye bags at innoc. point with lots of alcohol
- wiped down needles with lots of alcohol and flame sterilized
also
- Cleaned hands with Antibacterial soap, Germ-X and alcohol
- Storing bags on side w/ rye spread evenly in a small, dark
cabinet that gets a very small amount of radiant heat from
nearby refrigerator running.

Here goes!! Wish whoever it is growing this stuff luck!!

--------------------
There is the theory of the Mobius Strip

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: Proteus]
    #431471 - 10/20/01 01:45 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Good, just what we need. Keep it up. Pictures would be nice.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: phrozendata]
    #431478 - 10/20/01 01:50 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: World Spirit]
    #431575 - 10/20/01 03:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Best of luck with your new project.Keep us updated. Pictures are always enjoyed.

OfflineProteus

Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: isis]
    #433108 - 10/22/01 07:46 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

OK - it's been 3 days since bags were innoculated and left in their dark environment. They were checked on this morning and the bags already are showing signs of mycelial growth (I would suppose). The entire insides of the bags have condensation on them. I hope this is okay- I fear contamination. But maybe it's natural. Each bag has 3-4 cc's in them. Sorry - but I dont have a digital camera or a scanner.... Hopefully my descriptions will be verbose enough to paint mental pictures.
Also noticed - the rye berries are starting to clumo together.

Till next entry....

--------------------

Invisibleisis
addict
    #433124 - 10/22/01 08:53 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hehehe. Your fine. Condensation is normal. This is not a sign of contams and it happened in everyone of my bags. It just happens in these bags. The rye berries will break apart when you shake the bags. That's great that you have mycelial growth already. Very nice!

These are my friends checking in on you.

Edited by isis (10/22/01 09:37 AM)

OfflineProteus

Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: isis]
    #436589 - 10/25/01 02:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Alright - Today is the 25th.
Might get a dig. camera soon!

- Condensation is still in bags -
- No further growth in any bags -
- On closer inspection, only one bag had any growth in it - the other two are completely dormant.

I really hope this thing works out b/c i heard that DB is no more.
:(

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #438439 - 10/27/01 09:18 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

#438445 - 10/27/01 09:45 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

enter, what temps you reccomend on the bags?

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DB kit Growing log... [Re: NugDumper]
    #438447 - 10/27/01 09:52 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineProteus

#440400 - 10/29/01 07:59 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Heelo there - So begins the next chapter of the growing log...

-After 9 days since innoculation.. I decided that 2 of the bags were worthy of spawning. The third bag showed 0 growth! I mean absolutely nothing! real weird, b/c all the bags used the same syringe... maybe the other ones got the spores... Oh well...

-I pasteurized the poop at 180 degrees on 2 cookie sheets (poo came in a 10 and 5 pound bag) in the oven for about an hour and half.

-Cleaned the workroom stupid clean with clorox-brand lysol and 91% alcohol... Wore face masks, sterile rubber gloves and disinfected even the rubber gloves with instant hand sanitizer!

-used 2 containers - 1 was the one provided and another was from Container Store... Poked all the same holes and such ion the new container to match the DB container (also to be found at Container Store, BTW..)

-Split poo in half (7.5#) for each container and mixed in 1 rye bag per container..

-Storing containers in a super - dark closet. Am opening door of closet at night to circulate air (but still remain dark).

-I'll keep everyone posted as to how the growing goes... Wish me luck!

-BTW< Anyone suggest re-innoculating the unspawned bag with maybe 2 or 3 cc's of spore??? Maybe it'll kickstart things - - Then I could grow them outside...

Thanks again

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #440404 - 10/29/01 08:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineProteus

#440458 - 10/29/01 08:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Enter,
I realize that the compost was already pasteurized... Throughtout shipping and handling, there is no doubt that all sorts of hands/objects contacted the bags. So I was just being extra-super careful!
I also have heard in private from a reputable source that cooking the compost as I have done does nothing but go a little extra step to ensure cleanliness. I was at first concerned that I might cook out some moisture... But the "mini-rainforest effect" that is advertised on THE is totally true! This AM, when I peeked into the closet - there was condensation everywhere! So... neeedless to say, I didn;t rob the compost of any moisture content.
Just a little background - 2 hobbies of mine are chemistry and carpentry.... As a chemist - you can never be too clean... and when cutting wood.. always meaure twice; cut once...

I'm just super careful, I guess. Maybe even OCD! HA! Just joking... thanks for the concern though, Enter... I have read many of your posts and value your opinions..
Cheers!

--------------------

OfflineProteus

#442882 - 10/31/01 08:04 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

10/31/01- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

-Peeked in on kits today and saw that the tops of the compost are covered in little white fuzzy balls! At first I figured this was bad - But now I actually think that they are pinheads maybe - or mycelium or something... I hope so!!

-Twice a day, I open and close the closet door real fast to fan the air in the small closet. I also spray the hell out of the closet with Clorox Lysol to keep things nice and clean....

-So far so Good!!

--------------------

Invisibleisis
addict
    #443927 - 10/31/01 08:53 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

That is not bad at all 9 days.That is mycelium poking through the compost. Sounds good. It's too early for pins to form.Soon Grasshopper..soon. Try not to get to rough with that closet door. I hate to stir up contaminants from the carpets or off the walls etc. Sounds like you are way on your way. Also, it's good to use lysol, but if you have healthy mycelium and uncontaminated compost, you should be fine. The mycelium now is in a selective enviroment. If there are no contams present, it will eat through that compost. What you should worry more about is your hands. They are the dangerous party in some cases. Try not to put them in often. I wash very them well and wear gloves anyways. That's just me.

Edited by isis (10/31/01 08:55 PM)

OfflineProteus

#456563 - 11/12/01 09:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

AAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I checked in on the 2 tubs today and saw some oh-so beautiful green bubbles on the top of the mycelium in tub 1.
CRAP!!! I assume that it is GREEN SATAN.
This is a real let-down for the grower. Was under the impression that the more the mycelium takes hold, the more resistant it is to contams. Trust me, the growing environment was not altered nor disturbed in any way..
Anyhow - With an alcohol-flamed blade - the green stuff and loads of expensive Dung was cut out in a last-ditch effort.... Also - gauze dipped in H202 was used to pat down the areas that were cut out....We'll see....
Tub 2 was immediately isolated to another location. It is time to initiate pinning on Tub 2 - - Grower sure hopes this one makes it! :(
Tub 1 (contam. one) is back in the dark-room in hopes that the mycelium can grow back - -
Damnit....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract