Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLenore
enthusiast
The Real Anthrax Attack
    #435388 - 10/24/01 03:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

what are the chances of an average citizen getting hit by this anthrax attack?
slim to none.

So why is the mass media so obsessed with this topic, Shouldn't news by presented in terms of most important issues = more exposure, least important issues = least exposure?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: Lenore]
    #435435 - 10/24/01 04:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i can't believe it....i actually agree with you...makes me jittery

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #435511 - 10/24/01 05:37 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I, personally, watch foreign news coverage of the situation.

They are not as fast to report new happenings (that's what PIP is for), but they tend ot not over dramatize the same shit over and over and over again.

CBC has a decent news program. And "International News" (I do not know who produces them, has some neat stories and different perspectives.....

Yes, our media is weak and sensationalist. For some reason, after Vietnam/Watergate...the US media lost it's steam and (if you ask me) credibility.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: PGF]
    #436234 - 10/25/01 08:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

****the US media lost it's steam and (if you ask me) credibility. ****

You have no argument from me

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: Innvertigo]
    #436261 - 10/25/01 09:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Because it is falsle threat. If they considered the real problems, you would be scared to shit. In this way, they are keeping you far away from it, selling you this bs and doing sensation over it.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: Crobih]
    #436271 - 10/25/01 10:12 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know about being scared to shit. Nothing "scares" me to shit but i do see your point

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: Innvertigo]
    #436684 - 10/25/01 06:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.projectcensored.org is a good site and here are the Big Issue magazine's top 5 censored stories in 2001 http://www.urban75.com/Action/news141.html

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #437656 - 10/26/01 02:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think any of us would disagree with this. The media over-dramatizes everything in the US. But in a way I think it is the fault of the American people. We have demanded that our media become more sensationalistic. For any media outlet to compete in the American marketplace you have to out-do the other guy. Just look at what are the most popular programs on American TV.....sensational "reality tv" programs! Personally, I have yet to see an episode of Survivor, Big-Brother, etc. I refuse to be a part of it (and besides, its just plain stupid and boring if you ask me). But if you look at the appetite of the American people for sensational programing then you can understand why our news outlets are so fucked-up!!

And BTW, I have no more fear today than I had on sept. 10. I will fly on any plane and open any mail that comes to my house and I don't give it a second thought.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
    #440533 - 10/29/01 12:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Presuming that there are about 280 million americans, and about 100 cases of anthrax. That means there is about a .00000035714% chance for the average American.

--------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Anonymous

Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: shellacct]
    #440605 - 10/29/01 01:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This is a real threat, sensationalism aside. If you have access to small quantities of anthrax, you have access to large quantities. Mail is just one way of distribution. I would not shit my pants, but I would not ignore it either.

OfflineTekahionwake
Stranger
    #444131 - 11/01/01 02:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am going to jump in on this thread. The reason that this is being so sensationalized is to keep the US citizenry afraid and angry enough to not question the governments efforts. The media is a whore for government money and licenses to operate.
I remember a story a couple of years back when the WOD really started getting ugly. The US government threatened to pull the plug on advertising with any network that allowed anything negative about the WOD to be broadcast. The memo that was leaked to the press also strongly hinted that the networks would encounter intense scrutiny next time their licenses came up for renewal.
The media today no longer has the balls to stand up to the government. What we need is someone of the ilk of Robin Cronauer to stand up and say fuck you to the government and tell us what is hidden behind half truths and obvious obfuscations of the facts.
What truly scares me is the vigilante attitude of the government. Anytime anyone questions the actions of the US, they are reminded to remember the images of Sept 11. The people are told to ignore the flattening of an entire village and killing of civilian women and children because there are terrorists there and they support the terrorists. Newsflash assholes...if the unarmed villagers don't support the soldiers, they watch their families die. Do we level the entire middle east to make sure we haven't missed one?
When do we start bombing Saudi Arabia? That is where the bulk of their cash is coming from, is it not? Oh wait, we can't do that...too many oil dollars to be made there. When you start looking at the money trail and hi finance connections to this fiasco the hypocrisy of this "war" and it's media coverage becomes readily apparent.
Anyone else notice that the US has not lead any devestating blitzes on any countries that had signicant US holdings or money to be made by American multinationals?

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: The Real Anthrax Attack [Re: Tekahionwake]
    #454563 - 11/11/01 01:22 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So are we now to understand that this is being done by an American???

Who we gonna bomb?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion