Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1782272 -

Good points. I agree with you to some extent. I still think you should educate yourself fully on an issue before joining an organized protest. Not knowing the facts and protesting a war would be like joining a union picket line without knowing any of the details. Of course you would have the percentage of the people that never believe war is just, so they would protest based on that fact alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1783721 -

I'm not sure if "educating yourself" does much good. I assume you think you "educated yourself"? And yet you were proved completly and utterly wrong and swallowed the lies about WMD completly.

Perhaps there's something to be said for the instincts of your friends. They were right after all.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1783871 -

Everyone's ignorant to some extent.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1784339 -

Alex123 said:
I'm not sure if "educating yourself" does much good. I assume you think you "educated yourself"? And yet you were proved completly and utterly wrong and swallowed the lies about WMD completly.

Perhaps there's something to be said for the instincts of your friends. They were right after all.



Damn, I do believe you are the single densist person I have ever conversed with anywhere. Once again you do not know whether or not the weapons exist, just like the rest of us. I am not having this argument with you again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1784527 -

Could you try and make a post without the childish insults? Just a suggestion.




--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1785093 -

shakta said:
Alex123 said:
I'm not sure if "educating yourself" does much good. I assume you think you "educated yourself"? And yet you were proved completly and utterly wrong and swallowed the lies about WMD completly.

Perhaps there's something to be said for the instincts of your friends. They were right after all.



Damn, I do believe you are the single densist person I have ever conversed with anywhere. Once again you do not know whether or not the weapons exist, just like the rest of us. I am not having this argument with you again.



Yep, you've just met Alpo. There are certain persons that are better ignored.

But not to lose sight of the offtopic, I think that people who protest without thinking seriously and critically about the issue they are either supporting or protesting are dangerous idiots who belong in a cage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1785404 -

Once again you do not know whether or not the weapons exist, just like the rest of us.

By "rest of us" who exactly do you mean? Here's the British ex-Foreign Secretary 3 months ago:

Mr Cook told Radio 4: "Plainly it did not have such weapons or they would have found them by now."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,966007,00.html


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: ]
    #1785423 -

Yep, you've just met Alpo. There are certain persons that are better ignored.

Not you again  :rolleyes:

What's it gonna take for you to get over me? Did I really hurt you this bad? You've been nursing this bitterness for months now. Just let it go son, don't let it eat you up inside.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1785497 -

Alex123 said:
Once again you do not know whether or not the weapons exist, just like the rest of us.

By "rest of us" who exactly do you mean? Here's the British ex-Foreign Secretary 3 months ago:

Mr Cook told Radio 4: "Plainly it did not have such weapons or they would have found them by now."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,966007,00.html




So a quote be an ex-official from an article from the Guardian makes it fact? That is ludicrous.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1785542 -

No, you said "the rest of us" don't know if they exist. I simply pointed out that the british ex-foreign secretary is saying they don't exist.

Didn't even Rumsfield also let slip that he thought they'd been "destroyed" before the war? Do you think he just made that up for no reason?

Who exactly do you mean by "rest of us"? You and luv?


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1785552 -

How about 'the rest of us' means normal humans that can admit they do not know everything. I am not saying they are there, I am just saying that I do not know for sure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1785569 -

So this is just some philosophical point about how no-one can ever really know anything "for sure"?

Yeah, I guess so.

Before I believe there are WMD in Iraq I really would need a little evidence tho.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1785590 -

I am not asking you to believe they are there, just that there is a possibility that they are, just like there is a possibility that there aren't.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1786342 -

you want proof alex? Saddam had the wmd and he never documented destroying them. That is some evidence.


--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Xlea321]
    #1786347 -

Quote:
Mr Cook told Radio 4: "Plainly it did not have such weapons or they would have found them by now."



Yet another person who doesn't realize the inability to find something is not proof it doesn't exist.

Is it the water over there Alpo?


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: Learyfan]
    #1786350 -

About your picture leary. They used that bullhorn when talking. Hes on a ranch so i think he can wear a cowboy hat. And AWOL during war? he didnt flee to canada. He joined the national gaurd were he learned and was able to fly some of the most complicated planes of the era.


--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: d33p]
    #1786390 -

d33p said:
About your picture leary. They used that bullhorn when talking. Hes on a ranch so i think he can wear a cowboy hat. And AWOL during war? he didnt flee to canada. He joined the national gaurd were he learned and was able to fly some of the most complicated planes of the era.



Read the link Edame posted. Some people think he was AWOL from the Guard when he was in for a whole year, and that it was a vast media conspiracy to cover it up. I find it ridiculous, but that is what they were talking about. If there were any truth to it Gore would have brought it up every chance he got.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Sensational Memos Lift the Lid on News Control [Re: shakta]
    #1787086 -

I am not asking you to believe they are there, just that there is a possibility that they are, just like there is a possibility that there aren't.

Like UFO's and the Loch Ness monster?

Don't you need at least some evidence for believing something? If George Bush said there are dragons in your back garden but "we can't find them" would you believe him?


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Police fear they are losing control of gun-crazy Britain wingnutx 762 5 10/06/03 09:05 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* New Foreign Policy Coalition Warns of US 'Empire-Building' Zahid 707 3 10/28/03 12:29 PM
by Xlea321
* Rumsfeld's war-on-terror memo Zahid 647 6 10/22/03 08:02 PM
by Zahid
* Lifting the veil on gender apartheid wingnutx 1,126 10 08/20/03 11:16 AM
by Anonymous
* GOP memo says issue offers political rewards. lonestar2004 1,944 13 04/07/05 10:57 AM
by Seuss
* Downing Street memos newuser1492 1,064 5 06/30/05 09:17 AM
by lonestar2004
* U.S. Replaces Memo on Torture with New Guidelines 2Experimental 555 2 12/31/04 09:33 PM
by 2Experimental
* Palast Statement To Conyers On Downing St Memo usefulidiot 1,081 9 06/21/05 10:11 PM
by afoaf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
2,744 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 17 queries.