Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens?
    #4290387 -

hello all,
these were found practically in my front yard. Here in beautiful and incredibley fuckin humid maryland/dc,usa.
they are roughly three to four inches in length, cap are "Hemispherical to campanulate to convex at maturity" and "Incurved in young specimens" (to quote from mushroom john's page).

the gills are sorta dark greyish(I think),attacked, with a very distinctive sorta cut to them. but the spore prints are definately black.

This is definate blueing at the base (the first I've seen in person, and it now make alot more sense), but the rest of the body doesnt seem to blue like it seems it does in other examples ive seen posted.

Ok so are these in fact Copelandia cyanescens? and if they aren't,what might they be. and if they are, have other found them in this area, or is this a fluke.

Thanks so much.





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4290395 -

pan subbs
copes would be blue all over.
reddish stem and incurved margin also suggest panaeolus subbaltaetus.
there good tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4290944 -

Really? They don't look the the pictures of pan subbs that I've seen. What about the strange gills? It hard to see and i'm going to try to get a better picture, but have a very sharp edge right at the margin and overall the look like a bowl or a hollowed out cantalope half (meaning not gradually going to the stipe butin a big swiping curve. do pan subbs have gills like this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4290978 -

Those are Pan subbs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: shroomydan]
    #4291033 -

Thanks. Here is a better picture of the gills.



this again isn't a great picture but it looks different that the gills of nearly all the pan subb pics i've seen posted. What could explain this? (not meaning question what i'm sure is y'alls quite accurate id, im just curious) thanks again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4291112 -

the whitish margin on the gills (of mature specimines) is a good indicator. remember lawn pan subbs tend to be smaller and thinner than those found on hay or dung.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4291393 -

The seem to be blueing a bit on top as time passes. Is this something you can expect from pan. subbs as well?. Thanks.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4292177 -

looks like copes to me. never seen a subb blue that extensively. what substrate did you find them on? what region?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: cwbfromtheksvi]
    #4292356 -

in his yard


--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4292389 -

copes don't grow in yards.
those are pan subbs and thats not an intence bluing, thats the regular browning from damage there may be bliung present, but the reddish tones directly contrast it.
heres some intence bluing ive seen in pan subbs, and then the negative, to illustrate color contrasts


notice how blue becomes red, and red becomes blue. thats because the colors directly contrast.
in most specimines, any bluing would vaniush into the contrasting red, to become grey-brown, as seen above in your pics.

there is no red at the base, therefore the "bluefoot"
ive seen albino specimines blue all over.

bluing in caps is not as common, but it happens. usually the caps only blue when they are young and reddish, hence, hiddden bluing.
but older white specimines, generally are too dried to oxidize effetively, remember water is a strong catalyst,
and the water in mushrooms permiates deep into tissues, when the outer layer is dry its like an airtight seal. surface damage becomes less effective for bluing reaction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4293001 -

Very interesting. never thought about it like that.

Is that really a Pan. subb? thats freakin' insane...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4293047 -

Yeah, that is very interest. Thanks Mitchnast for breakin' it down like that for us. Just for kicks I inverted the two pics I posted earlier.


Now, what about the distinctive gill structure, or is it not distinctive and I'm just missing something? Like I said its not like a slope, but more like a bowl, with a sharp lip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4293166 -

I have about four of these little ones that I got about two hours ago in the only field I've scoped out. I can't get my digital camera to upload.
They are tiny and the stems are very blue. Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I'm new to this site and still figuring it out.

This type is the only kind  I've been finding in this  huge cattle pasture here in  FL ( and I think the conditions are prime -- but maybe not) I was looking for cubes since that is all I am familiar with.
I found them growing in older cow manure in a huge field two nights ago, but they were all very small. I went back this afternoon and nothing but four of these little ones this member has.

How many of these mushrooms for a good time?

What else are the ideal conditions? It's been raining for many days last week and the sun has been back out for 2 days. Hot, humid 75 in the a.m and 90 im the afternoon. When I picked these few it was 86 degrees.
If there werent any cubes in these conditions and the others were beginning to grow. would it be too early or would the farmers have used some sort of supplement to stop the growth.
And just one more-- How prevalent is the use of the supplements and I thought all cattle were given salt lics, Does salt halt the mushrooms from growing too? *cyan??? (I'll get the names soon.

--still studying
Thanks



Sor :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4293237 -

I have about four of these little ones that I got about two hours ago in the only field I've scoped out. I can't get my digital camera to upload.
They are tiny and the stems are very blue. Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I'm new to this site and still figuring it out.

This type is the only kind I've been finding in this huge cattle pasture here in FL ( and I think the conditions are prime -- but maybe not) I was looking for cubes since that is all I am familiar with.
I found them growing in older cow manure in a huge field two nights ago, but they were all very small. I went back this afternoon and nothing but four of these little ones this member has.

How many of these mushrooms for a good time?

What else are the ideal conditions? It's been raining for many days last week and the sun has been back out for 2 days. Hot, humid 75 in the a.m and 90 im the afternoon. When I picked these few it was 86 degrees.
If there werent any cubes in these conditions and the others were beginning to grow. would it be too early or would the farmers have used some sort of supplement to stop the growth.
And just one more-- How prevalent is the use of the supplements and I thought all cattle were given salt lics, Does salt halt the mushrooms from growing too? *cyan??? (I'll get the names soon.

--still studying
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4293252 -

Are pan subbs active? I can't remember== too much info in too short of time annd if they are , would they grow in Fl cow manure?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: aryanna]
    #4293274 -

heavily bluing pans on florida cow dung is probably copes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #4293564 -

HI Mitchnast, yes copes do grow in yards. I once posted and they are here somewhere of the large church lawn in Bern Switzerland which was fertilized with liquid manured fertilizer from the Mediterraean and Copelandia bispora waall over the lawns, with bluing and all. That post is somewhere here. Maybe have the images at my site under Cope bispora. Let me check:

Here you go

http://mushroomjohn.com/copelandiabispora2.htm. Even here in Thailand, they pile manure around every surrounding palm tree and /or coconut tree and make garden areas with grass growing and copes come up here by the hundreds all over.

As m you may have noticed form my images.

http://mushroomjohn.com/copelandiabispora2.htm

mj

I do not think his shrooms are subbs. Too very thin and the caps color more or less resembles drying copes.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: aryanna]
    #4293571 -

In HAwaii on both maui, the big island and Oahu, there are pastures at sea level along the coastal regions which get sprayed frm sea salt in the wind ont he pasturelands along side the oceans and there are copes. I wrote aboutone such place inmy article Mushrooms in Paaradise: Hawaiian Style at Ho'o'kipa State park ont he road to hana.

So the salted sea spray does not inhibit the growth of shrooms in those areas.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I see blue! possible Copelandia cyanescens? [Re: mikonn]
    #4322761 -

Possibly Copelandia chlorocystis?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* HELP ID Copelandia cyanescens txs3arch3r 8,628 10 09/15/03 04:55 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Copelandia Cyanescens CaseyHook 3,004 9 09/19/05 11:45 PM
by CptnGarden
* Copelandia cyanescens- Florida and Mr.G variant comparisons *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 10,702 31 06/24/03 06:22 PM
by Anonymous
* Copelandia cyanescens finds Please help ID YESSUP 2,296 13 07/27/05 03:26 PM
by YESSUP
* Need ID - Possible Central TX Copelandia Cyanescens adoseofparn0z 11,324 13 03/01/05 11:40 PM
by wds
* Possible Active Hybrid between Copelandia Cyanescens and Conocybe Lactea? Please Help.
( 1 2 all )
mikonn 6,286 22 06/23/05 07:20 PM
by mikonn
* First time hunting good finds possible Copelandia cyanescens statix 1,662 2 07/28/04 03:18 PM
by statix
* Possible Copelandia cyanescens? ProjektChrysalis 1,302 6 07/19/05 02:34 PM
by ProjektChrysalis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
4,089 topic views. 0 members, 23 guests and 61 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.