Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhilsa_Bat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Tampanensis fruits dosage
    #4274104 - 06/08/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi!
Who can prompt me a dosage of dry tampanensis fruit bodies equivalent on strength to 3 gr. of cubensis?
All that I've found is fresh sclerotia twice more potent than fresh cubensis.
Another question is how can I be sure, if sclerotia completely dry?
Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Tampanensis fruits dosage [Re: Philsa_Bat]
    #4275276 - 06/09/05 09:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mexicana and Tampenensis have similar potency. If anything, Tamps are just a LITTLE bit more potent.

Quote:

Cervantes said:
:wexican:I think it is a good time to discuss the potency of Mexicana  and Tampanensis Sclerotia.

This question gets asked a lot and it is good to know the answer.

How potent is sclerotia when compared with cubensis?

It depends.

Fresh sclerotia is 2x as potent as fresh cubensis... gram for gram.

Dry sclerotia is 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis gram for gram.

"WTF?", you ask.

No, mexicana doesn't lose a HUGE amount of potency when it is dried.

When fresh, Mexicana sclerotia is 30% dry matter and only 70% water. Compare this to a fresh cube which is 90% water and only 10% dry matter. When you eat fresh sclerotia... for every bite you take, you are eating 3X as much fungus per bite than you do when you chew on a fresh cube.

Once dried, the potency comparison changes completely. Without the water, a dry gram of sclerotia is 100% dry matter and a gram of cubensis is 100% dry matter too. Duh! So a dry gram of sclerotia contains the same amount of dry matter as a dry gram of cubensis. Simple.

Dry sclerotia is only 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis.

That is how it is.

What follows is some simple math. Perhaps this will make more sense to some people.

If cubensis potency = 1

Then, sclerotia potency = 2/3 = .66666666666

If fresh sclerotia contains 3X as much dry matter per gram as fresh cubensis,

Then, fresh sclerotia = .66666666666 X 3 = 2

Fresh sclerotis is 2X as potent as cubensis.

Phwew, the math part's done.

Any questions, comments, better ways of explaining this potency issue?

It is important you understand before you eat any.

:wexican:As for mexicana shrooms, I hear they are very potent... almost as potent as pan cyans! I haven't eaten mexicana shrooms. I am just relaying what I have heard.

:wexican:I figure this is also, a good time to talk about the effects of eating sclerotia. They work. They are very similar to cubensis but also completely different. They are obviously from the same family of shrooms. The Philosopher stones are not the most visual thing I have tried but they are potent and they last a long time (I suspect this is because it takes a while longer to digest sclerotia than it takes to digest cubensis matter). The visuals are similar to cubes but you see things painted with broader strokes. I have seen big wipes of color and skin begins to look like clay. When I see patterns, they are less detailed than cubensis patterns tend to be. Outdoors, sclerotia visuals come to life. Nature is great with any shroom but sclerotia seems very nice. That, and it is easier to hold a coherant conversation with sclerotia. Perhaps this is why they are nicknamed philosopher's stones.

I really like a sclerotia trip... but I still hold a place in my heart for cubensis.

Sclerotia is great for hiking or park day... and it is very discrete. It looks nothing like a mushroom.

Dry sclerotia can be ground in a coffee grinder but it should not be injested whole. You simply will not digest it. Either rehydrate the stones by dunking them in water for 24 hours or grind them up in the coffee grinder.

Ground sclerotia goes great in chocolate I hear.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...3453.</a>

I know it makes wonderful tea. Try mint tea with sclerotia.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...&PHPSESSID=

:wexican:Oh yeah... and there is an update in the Grow Log up above.

(Edit: Fixed the chocolate link.)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePhilsa_Bat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Tampanensis fruits dosage [Re: Rose]
    #4277990 - 06/09/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Cervantes, thank you for detailed answer. But it's all about sclerotia again. So what about fruit bodies? Is tampa's fruit body as potent as sclerotia and 1 part of dry tampas=2/3 part of dry cubes? I've read somewhere at a forum that tamp. fruits has more potency than tamp. scleroties. Is it right?
And how long sclerotia dry on fresh air? I've grown up both stones and fruits:)
Thanks again

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4278281 - 06/10/05 12:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, the sclerotia's dry when it is dry.

The MUSHROOMS (fruitbody can be misleading) are roughly as potent as pan cyans... perhaps a little less but they can pack a wallop. They are signifigantly more potent per gram than dry sclerotia.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePhilsa_Bat
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4278612 - 06/10/05 02:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Heh, the sclerotia's dry when it is dry.

It already looks dry when I take it out the jar :wink:

Quote:

Cervantes said:
The MUSHROOMS (fruitbody can be misleading) are roughly as potent as pan cyans...

Ok, last question... How strong pan cyans are? :grin: There are no pan cyans in MMDCalculator and I still didn't eat it.
Approximately, is 2gr tamp. enough for 3gr cubes-like trip?

ps sorry for my english, hope you understand me right :smile:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4278709 - 06/10/05 03:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

panaelous (coplandia) cyanescens

They are fixing the dosage calculator, so several types of shroom are missing at the moment.

You may wish to ask the cultivation forum about tampanensis mushroom potency... not exactly on topic, but it will get more responses.

I'll move this thread if you wish.

When it comes to dry sclerotia, you may want to break the big pieces up... and fan them for a few days. If you weigh them when fresh... they are dry enough once they weigh 1/3 their original weight.

Always start small when you try something new. 1-1.5g should provide the trip you are looking for. 2g may be more intense than you expect.

I wish I could be more exact than that... but I use the dosage calculator too. :wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinePhilsa_Bat
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4278799 - 06/10/05 04:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
I'll move this thread if you wish.

There is no necessery, I've learned that I wanted, thank you :smile: I'm going to try 1.5gr.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4278913 - 06/10/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Let us know how it goes! :smile:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate