Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Kynd Folk

Loc: United States of America
    #4038759 - 04/10/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Whats your guys experiences with sclerotia? And how does it usually come when you buy it???

If that last ? is against policy please delete it im sorry in advance

I been thinking about the police Jelly filled for justice, please

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: sclerotia? [Re: gentledeadhead08]
    #4038819 - 04/10/05 11:16 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I think that last question should be cool...I've had a few experiences with sclerotica. P. Tampenisis, specifically. I ordered 30 grams or so from a dealer in the UK, and it came roughly two weeks later in 2 small black plastic containers.

All 30 g was blended up into a smoothie and taken one day at the park. Interesting trip, no visuals to speak of at all, but profound mindfuck.

I remember being stuck against a tree, looking up at the sky, and it was such a big day with such a clear blue sky, i literally felt like I was being held down by the whole deal...

Crazy stuff. But yeah. Sclerotica are definately good eats...

After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Kynd Folk

Loc: United States of America
    #4038850 - 04/10/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

what do u perfer more...
cubies or the sclerotia?

In comparison how much sclerotia would u take to get a profound effect like visuals ect??

I been thinking about the police Jelly filled for justice, please

Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4039054 - 04/11/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sclerotia is hard to buy in the USA, cubensis is much more common.

It is quite popular in European headshops.

It is also very easy to grow.

Potency varies greatly depending on weather it is fresh or dry.

Here's a great thread about all things sclerotia https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showfla...342c2485ddb7702

And here's a quote,

Cervantes said:
:wexican:OK... I think it is a good time to discuss the potency of Mexicana Sclerotia.

This question gets asked a lot and it is good to know the answer.

How potent is sclerotia when compared with cubensis?

It depends.

Fresh sclerotia is 2x as potent as fresh cubensis... gram for gram.

Dry sclerotia is 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis gram for gram.

"WTF?", you ask.

No, mexicana doesn't lose a HUGE amount of potency when it is dried.

When fresh, Mexicana sclerotia is 30% dry matter and only 70% water. Compare this to a fresh cube which is 90% water and only 10% dry matter. When you eat fresh sclerotia... for every bite you take, you are eating 3X as much fungus per bite than you do when you chew on a fresh cube.

Once dried, the potency comparison changes completely. Without the water, a dry gram of sclerotia is 100% dry matter and a gram of cubensis is 100% dry matter too. Duh! So a dry gram of sclerotia contains the same amount of dry matter as a dry gram of cubensis. Simple.

Dry sclerotia is only 2/3 as potent as dry cubensis.

That is how it is.

What follows is some simple math. Perhaps this will make more sense to some people.

If cubensis potency = 1

Then, sclerotia potency = 2/3 = .66666666666

If fresh sclerotia contains 3X as much dry matter per gram as fresh cubensis,

Then, fresh sclerotia = .66666666666 X 3 = 2

Fresh sclerotis is 2X as potent as cubensis.

Phwew, the math part's done.

Any questions, comments, better ways of explaining this potency issue?

It is important you understand before you eat any.

:wexican:As for mexicana shrooms, I hear they are very potent... almost as potent as pan cyans! I haven't eaten mexicana shrooms. I am just relaying what I have heard.

:wexican:I figure this is also, a good time to talk about the effects of eating sclerotia. They work. They are very similar to cubensis but also completely different. They are obviously from the same family of shrooms. The Philosopher stones are not the most visual thing I have tried but they are potent and they last a long time (I suspect this is because it takes a while longer to digest sclerotia than it takes to digest cubensis matter). The visuals are similar to cubes but you see things painted with broader strokes. I have seen big wipes of color and skin begins to look like clay. When I see patterns, they are less detailed than cubensis patterns tend to be. Outdoors, sclerotia visuals come to life. Nature is great with any shroom but sclerotia seems very nice. That, and it is easier to hold a coherant conversation with sclerotia. Perhaps this is why they are nicknamed philosopher's stones.

I really like a sclerotia trip... but I still hold a place in my heart for cubensis.

Sclerotia is great for hiking or park day... and it is very discrete. It looks nothing like a mushroom.

Dry sclerotia can be ground in a coffee grinder but it should not be injested whole. You simply will not digest it. Either rehydrate the stones by dunking them in water for 24 hours or grind them up in the coffee grinder.

Ground sclerotia goes great in chocolate I hear.

I know it makes wonderful tea. Try mint tea with sclerotia.

If you buy 'em in the USA it is best to know a bit about them, so you don't get ripped off. And please, buyer beware, this stuff is illegal in the USA.

meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4040242 - 04/11/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

i tried mexicana slerotia once. decent trip, but nothing special. i didn't notice any big differences to regular shrooms, but i rarely get strong visuals on shrooms anyway.

"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience