Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis
    #1868300 - 08/31/03 02:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No sources.

Well, I'd finally decided to take the plunge and buy some truffles for my first trip, and I went to the above URL and discovered they now sold two different types! I've been searching this forum for half an hour, and I can't find any comparative posts, only ones that mentioned them both in the same sentence talking about something else. I take it, then, that there isn't much difference, however, I thought I might as well ask anyway the inevitable question:

"Which is better?"

Answer from whatever angle you want - better for a first trip, better for visuals, better in general, etc - and if there's any consensus, I'll get the recommended one. Otherwise I'll just pick at random I suppose.

Thanks.

Edited by Effed (09/01/03 04:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJIMBOO
Stranger
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: jamboUK]
    #1868406 - 08/31/03 02:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

jambo ive PMed you any questions PM me

OfflineJhadAgainstReality
the only thinglonger than myname is my penis

Loc: england
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: JIMBOO]
    #1868760 - 08/31/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hahhaha jimbo and jambo lol

yea man ive noticed that from that site many times before..in fact i gave you that url to begin with didnt i? anyhow, i've never found out the difference myself, if you ever find out can you let me know?

--------------------
"Listen Bush, i dont have any weapons. are you listening asshole? i dont have any fucking weapons! whats your problem, you fucking prick? Do you, like, WANT to go to war or something?! hey! whats all that laughter? whats so fucking funny?! Bush? BUSH! *click* Hello? HELLO?"

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: JhadAgainstReality]
    #1869089 - 08/31/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No sources.

And now I've placed my order for Mexicana truffles, I've just found a site that sells "Fresh Stropharia Cubensis Magic Mushrooms", AKA Psilocybe Cubensis, to the UK. You have to pay extra for the express delivery so they don't go off before you get them, but surely these have got to be the best legally available shrooms? I'm getting buyer's remorse already! Still, there's always next time...

Edited by Effed (09/01/03 04:35 PM)

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #1869123 - 08/31/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, no sources!

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1870685 - 09/01/03 09:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry, what constitutes a source? I suppose I ought to be looking for an FAQ now...

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1870692 - 09/01/03 09:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.buydrugshere.com

Constitutes a source as do all your links

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1871392 - 09/01/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, sorry, I just thought it'd be easier to see what I was talking about than have to explain and get stuff wrong. I honestly have no intention of pissing anyone off, to tell me to shut up if you want, but what's wrong with posting sources? And I'm sure I should be consulting a message board FAQ by now, but does anyone *really* read those things? Not the drugs FAQ's, just the 'what-not-to-post' stuff. I consider myself to be fairly thorough, but even I don't read them unless I have a major reason.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1871608 - 09/01/03 05:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"What`s wrong with posting sources"

1. The forum rules

2. Not forgetting endangering our fav hobbie buy advertising
companies that explote loop holes in laws.

3. Helping the explotation of people who buy from these companies
because growing shrooms is cheap and easy and buying 30g for ?30 is a joke.

4. Bringing negative attention to these forums

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Edited by jezu (09/01/03 05:38 PM)

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: EvilGir]
    #1871619 - 09/01/03 05:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Havent seen you in a while Jezu!
Nice to see you around.

I think I remember you posting some sources once. :wink:
I see you have learned why its not a good practice.
Thanks for that post.  :thumbup:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: Effed]
    #1871642 - 09/01/03 05:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

ANd they are not truffles, just a stupid European term used by some Dutch to help promotre their products.

They are sclerotia

and that si all they are.

mj

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1871707 - 09/01/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, sorry my post was a little bit fragmented but its sorted now.
Anyway I think its pretty sad now a days that everyone is out to try and make a fast $. I was actualy at a festival this year where there where selling these things out in the open at one of the stalls.

The only reason I bought something was because I had never tryed them before. The things cost me ?20 for 20g of so called Psilocybe truffles which I knew at the time is a rip off. I didnt realy like the guys attitude either who sold me them especialy when I was asking question and stuff. I think his ego was also way too big especial when people where saying with wide open eyes did you grow them. But he was there to make money and screw everyone else.

Please dont buy from these guys just grow your own it will even be more rewarding to see the fruits of your labour.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1871715 - 09/01/03 05:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Takes a little time to master making your own spore prints tho. And most of the rip-off bastards selling spore prints charge ?15-20 for one syringe which is a far worse deal than ?20 for a full cake of mycelium.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: Xlea321]
    #1871729 - 09/01/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I would say that ?10 is just about right for a spore syringe although I have heard that some sites even started to invent new names for normal strains and charge $80 +. Its just crazy.

--------------------

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
    #1871891 - 09/01/03 07:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"The only reason I bought something was because I had never tryed them before"

"Please dont buy from these guys just grow your own it will even be more rewarding to see the fruits of your labour"

Well, it's obviously not my place to start throwing words like "hypocrite" around, but what you did sounds exactly like what I'm doing, despite your strong criticism of it (admittedly not aimed directly at me). I want to try tripping, and these 'truffles' seem the most accessible way to do so. If I want to do it again, I'll have a go at growing them myself. Okay, you wanted to try them because they were a different type of mushroom, not because you hadn't tripped before, but you have to admit, there are exceptions that you haven't so far allowed for in your somewhat outspoken views.

As for growing-at-home, would buying those premade home-grow kits sold at similar places to the sources above be considered as supporting the profiteers? Seems the easiest way for someone who's never grown anything more than cress to start off with, but perhaps it doesn't meet your high standards?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

#1872011 - 09/01/03 07:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well I was at a festival and it was more out of despiration of wanting to trip there and then. Normaly I wouldnt dream of buying the stuff from these guys, but wandering around after being smokeing and drinking with the party atmosphere the temptation became too much.

All I am saying is there is no reason for you just to grow your own, its alot easyer and cheaper. I am not happy with my self for buying from this guy cause he was a ass hole and it is not something I will not be doing again.

"As for growing-at-home, would buying those premade home-grow kits sold at similar places to the sources above be considered as supporting the profiteers"

Yeah it would the cost of buying the supplies and doing yourself is also alot cheaper than buying from them. If you want the U.K drug laws to change then goahed and support them. If you want to try and keep things as they are go and read some Teks and do it your self there are pleanty of people here who will happily help you grow what you want.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1872032 - 09/01/03 08:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

IMO they are both good. You need more weight to equal a similar dose of fruitbodies.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Psilocybe truffles: Mexicana vs. Tampanensis [Re: ]
    #1873478 - 09/02/03 06:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The P. tampanensis sclerotia and P. mexicana sclerotia sold in the Nederlands requires 15 dto 20 dried grams for a trip equal to 3-5 dried grams of P. cunnsis or one fresh ounce of P. cubensis.

I have popsted here images of all three marketed in Amsterdam for viewing.
One has to look through the search enjgines.

,mj

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
    #1873484 - 09/02/03 06:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, thanks, seems I misjudged you, and you're a nice guy after all. I was just getting annoyed that you and others were slating these companies for making a quick buck, but forgetting that they let beginners like myself into the hobby by providing a quick and easy entrance. I see why you find this undesirable, but as someone genuinely interested in expanding their horizons, rather than some townie trying to fuck his head up for cheap thrills, these shops are a great help, even if that's not their primary motive. It seems that we're looking at the accessibility factor from different angles, and I concede that you raise some good points too.

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Tripping tomorrow [Re: jamboUK]
    #1873496 - 09/02/03 06:32 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Anyway, thought I might as well keep this all in the same thread, so:

The 'truffles' arrived in the post today, and I haven't been so happy to open something since my Weezer green Hash Pipe kazoo from eBay! They're so tiny and cute, I could barely stop my self from eating a couple just to see what they taste like. They look *nothing* like mushrooms. More like slightly mangey Cocopops. I'm assuming for now they don't taste like chocolate though.

I ordered enough for two, and my friend (who's also a 'shroom virgin) agreed to meet me after work tomorrow to eat them. He finishes at 1, so we're going to go somewhere outdoors for the afternoon. I've decided to go on my bike today and suss out a nice, secluded spot where there won't be many bypassers (especially no-good-punk-kids, since it's the end of the school holidays - I got attacked without provocation just because I went to a certain school at the start of them).

I'm also thinking in terms of what to take with me. Maybe a CD player, some CD's, little battery-driven speakers AND headphones, some money in case, a little cuddly toy I just bought from a penguin sanctuary (aaaaaah, baby penguin), maybe a ball or something... any other suggestions? Also, has anyone ever tripped in a field with sheep? That sounds pretty cool, but could turn scary if the ram started looking at you funny, or something.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience