Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStrength
Stranger
Need ID, is this psilocybe ?
    #4268600 - 06/07/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I've been finding what looks like cubensis growing in the very same place i found the last batch, which was inactive. These mushrooms are entirely different from those as well, and aren't growing in batches.

First, the pictures.

In this picture, all of those mushrooms had originally grown about a month ago. The pictures posted after this one are of a different mushroom which grew in the same green patched area in the center. At this time, all of the mushrooms in the picture have returned to the earth.

This mushroom grew in guadelupe county, Texas. It grew in a mixture of dirt and cow manure, inside the planter in the first picture. That planter is located in shade, although humidity still gets to the area.

The gills of the mushroom are straight, and look like a filter of some sort. They're colored light brown, with medium speckles of brown on the gills, which might not be noticable in the picture.

The cap is 2 inches across, and a little over half of an inch in depth. the stem is 3 and 1/2 inches long, and less than a half inch but bigger than a quater inch wide.

The stem it self brusies blue for sure. its much fatter and weight supportive than the batch of mushrooms in the first picture. its colorful, a mixture of colors. blue, somewhat green, bits of yellow, some areas are slightly orange and other slightly purple. before we picked it up, it was solid white. the stem has a ring around it, that looks.. i'll be blunt, like circumsized skin. almost like it outgrew its original coat. it has that smell that i always smell when i come across other psilocybe mushrooms. the feeling is smooth, and it also feel like if i threw it, it would bounce. like something firm, but yet easily breakable. its definitly multicolored.

the mushroom cap is reversed; inverted, like a chinese gong cymbal. it reminds me of a pad, like a makeup pad. its all white, and extremely smooth like a fresh piece of paper. except the middle, which is a golden brown color. the middle also has the slightest lump. if the cap were not inverted, than this lump would most likely stick out more. the outter part of the cap is slightly blue, just enough to fade into the white real well.

the spore print color is purplish, with pixel sized spots of brown, and areas of almost black.

mushroom bruises multicolored, and smells like a bag you would buy from a quality hookup.

can i please get an ID? if this mushroom is good, what is the best way to dry it out? or is it better to keep it wet?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: Strength]
    #4268625 - 06/07/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the first pic i dont know wtf that is but the rest is cubensis nice finds where are you located
camel,

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineSpencyspence28
Texan CubeFarmer
Loc: Tx.
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4268629 - 06/07/05 05:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nice find.
Is gaudalupe county near tarrant ocunty.thats where im at

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
I've got nothing
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: Spencyspence28]
    #4268638 - 06/07/05 05:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thats a cube alrite. It bruised a nice shade of blue in that last pic. Nice!

OfflineStrength
Stranger
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #4268655 - 06/07/05 06:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

im located in a town called Seguin, its about 45 minutes from San Antonio. ah, i knew those were cubensis but i'm happy to have the confirmation from 3 people. there were two others growing, except they were completely the same brownish color, no whiteness. i put them back into the earth after spreading some spores around to hopefully sprout more. since they are growing in a planter, i imagine more will sprout up. at least i hope.

is it better to make tea with wet or dry mushies? if dry, how do i go about drying them?

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: Strength]
    #4268765 - 06/07/05 06:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the mushrooms in the first picture looks like coprinus micaeus.

Offlineacoustic
barrmmmFFF
 User Gallery

Loc: texas
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #4268833 - 06/07/05 07:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thats not a active cube... i picked the same kind in my lawn notice the viel. and how the head curves up...hmmm it could be though. if it stains dark blue-black then yes it is.

--------------------

"May the wind always be at your back, And the sun upon your face, And the winds of destiny carry you aloft, To Dance with the stars..."

Edited by acoustic (06/07/05 07:07 PM)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: acoustic]
    #4268842 - 06/07/05 07:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

acoustic said:
thats not a active cube... i picked the same kind in my lawn notice the viel.

What are you talking about cubes have veils. Im just wondering if they were growing from cow paties or whatever.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4269026 - 06/07/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thats a cube and are u serious that the cubes grew in a planter i might as well bring some myced up shit home from the field and water it!!lol

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: camelsmoker]
    #4269058 - 06/07/05 08:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Wait are you saying that I dont agree?? I agree 100 percent I was just wondering how they got into the planter!!

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineStrength
Stranger
Re: Need ID, is this psilocybe ? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4269817 - 06/07/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

haha.. they got into the planter cause my pops returned dirt and mixed it with cow patties. first inactive mushrooms grew in there, and then they all died. then 2 brownish colored cubes appeared. i put them back in the earth and spread spores all over the planter. then a whitish one with a little bit of gold popped up. but is it agreed that this one is edible?

i've been finding mushrooms all over the place, different kinds. im gonna post another set now.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification