Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepoobah
journeyman
innoculating without making a syringe?
    #425046 - 10/14/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i can't be bothered making a syrings right now, so will scraping a bit off my print, generously donated by johnnyshaggs, into the jar of casing work? i got the idea from shroom wizards guide, which i have been told is crap. so i will only be doing that one step from his tek, and using PF for the rest of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: innoculating without making a syringe? [Re: poobah]
    #425052 - 10/14/01 11:36 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

into the jar of casing work??

In your jar is what is called substrate casing material or casing is a non-nutricious layer over your cake that helps retain moisture and helps to block out contams.

I have heard of that working but never tried it myself

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: innoculating without making a syringe? [Re: dimitri211]
    #425195 - 10/14/01 01:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it will work provided you are

A) VERY sterile. I just wrote a long post detailing how to prepare, but basically you can see it in Groverz Guide in Grow\Find under Miscellaneous Docs.

B) You do not use a dry verm layer or Ramsey seal over your cake. I've seen scraping spores into into jars filled with brown rice ala the 9er Tek (again under grow/find)

You must be very sterile or use a glovebox, but scraping spores onto a cake can mean massive growth becuase you usually scrape more spores in there than you would injecting some solution

Grover

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate